**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is the Overseer any good?

gsil6374gsil6374 Posts: 439 ★★★
Hi all. So I just pulled him as a 5 star from the Herc crystals. I was wondering if this guy is any good for someone on a thronebreaker level with nearly all of the best champs as a 5 star, except Apoc and Fury. Basically, is he worth investing resources into for someone who doesn't do arena?

Thank you all for your time and stay safe out there.

Comments

• Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    He's good but not close to top tier material from what I've seen.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    He’s alright. You find much use for him
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    gsil6374 said:

Hi all. So I just pulled him as a 5 star from the Herc crystals. I was wondering if this guy is any good for someone on a thronebreaker level with nearly all of the best champs as a 5 star, except Apoc and Fury. Basically, is he worth investing resources into for someone who doesn't do arena?

Thank you all for your time and stay safe out there.

For a TB player with a broad roster, not really.

He's okay for an earlier player; particularly as he has a playstyle that rewards you for punishing Heavies and Specials (when Awakened).

He's got some handy abilities, but nothing really unique. Again: if he's a champ you pick up early, he's got a lot of abilities that will help you, like Autoblock.
    What else does he do?
    Lots of debuffs for Despair? Void is clearly better at this; plus a few others.
    AAR, especially on Specials? Why not just use a Skill champ?
    Nullify Immunity? That's still rare, so handy in certain scenarios. But there's also Thing, Civil Warrior, and Mr Negative, plus Red Guardian.
    High damage output phase? That's something a lot of champs do.

I don't want to be overly negative about him - he's got some utility, and probably better damage than people appreciate. But who's place is he going to take over in you first team? Where, specifically, are you going to use him? Those are the questions to ask, before you take him up.