**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Rank up CGR or Colossus?

My next major goal is Cavalier - 6.1. I've completed 6.1.4 but my 5 and 6 star roster is still a bit too thin, don't have a Crossbones beater. So I'm deciding which rank up will help me both in completing 6.1 and in completing other special quests, etc. to build up the roster I need to do that. Right now I'm deciding between maxing out Colossus (5* awakened) or ranking up 6* Cosmic Ghost Rider to rank 2. Or if neither really helps me at a higher rank, should I just save those resources for someone else?

Rank up CGR or Colossus? 26 votes

Rank up 6* CGR to rank 2
61%
F4k3_GaM3rDarkraider234Param1988QfuryRebornMVPDawsManDrauglinSparty6ScrubhanYodabolt21Shaqatac6HAVOC6INC_6Thijmen_T14Thanos1149Skiddy212HamoBlamo51 16 votes
Rank up 5* awakened Colossus to rank 5
30%
Zeroj2kVABBI2003walkerdog0casual0SirGamesBondLBN1Shush_gsshSchnoodle 8 votes
Wait for another champ who can beat 6.1.5 Crossbones
7%
Colonaut123Real_Madrid_76_2 2 votes

Comments

• Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 812 ★★★
    Collosus was the reason I got cavalier....he was my only r5 5 star and he alone got me to 6.1.3 maybe and then I pulled magneto and he helped clear the rest
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,751 ★★★★★
    Neither Colossus nor Cosmic Ghost Rider will be able to deal with the poison in the Crossbones fight and both will probably be hampered by the power struggle (I think it's called?) node. Both are still great champs that are worth ranking up - Colossus more than CGR, in my opinion - just not for that specific fight.

An awakened Angela could maybe do it but her inability to gain power reduces her ability to gain buffs, which in turn reduces her ability to deal with damaging debuffs. So maybe if she's high sig but probably not if she's low (or unawakened). Although maybe her regen could perhaps allow her to just brute force her way through, I'm not sure. I wouldn't bet on it.

I think Ronin can purify debuffs pretty easily, so maybe he could be a solution? I have no personal experience with the champ, that's just what I know about his kit.

Ghulk is poison immune but I don't like him enough to really recommend anyone ranking him up substantially. I've had him at r4 for years and have no plans to rank him up further.

I would probably wait for another champ.

Or, a curve ball - bring Captain Marvel (Classic). Not as the main damage dealer, but as a synergy piece for Cap IW. When you pair them together, all cosmic champions have a 25% increased buff duration. That could potentially do great things for Angela. While she can't gain her normal amount of buffs, the ones she does gain last a lot longer - and more importantly, her regeneration buffs last a lot longer. That could potentially make her more viable for the fight.

I don't know, but it's possible it could work. Haven't tried it myself, but I really like that synergy of Cap's.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Wait for another champ who can beat 6.1.5 Crossbones
    Get yourself a Warlock. The fight will be much easier with his poison immunity, heal block and power drain.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Rank up 6* CGR to rank 2
    CGR!!! Not biased or anything