**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Omega Red

Shadow_Blade11Shadow_Blade11 Posts: 66
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Hello everyone. I have a mutant 5* gem and my roster is Magneto X, Omega red, Sabertooth, Storm X. Iceman, Storm, Gambit, psylock, cyclops red. I also have about 80 mutaunt sigs. Should I use it on omega or save for someone like AA or namor.

ON a side note. I know omega is great for fights like korg and others. What nodes is he good for. Im on 6.2.5 btw.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,472 ★★★★
    If you run suicides
  • Phillip14233Phillip14233 Posts: 576 ★★★
    Omega really needs very high or max sig. 80 sigs is fine but you’ll need more for the best result.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Omega is amazing. He can take stuff like thorns with his mediums, heavy n sp2, he's poison immune, he's 90% bleed resistance(full immunity if you run coagulate) which means free willpower healing. He can't take passive damage that is triggered by his tentacle hits(so Magik counter). Overall an amazing champion to use because in tough situations you can just use heavies every once in a while to refresh the degen lock and don't have to give the opponent much power from combos. Nuts regen on the sp3 if you can throw it while the opponent has a bunch of spores.

My four star absolutely carried me through act4, act5. Still don't have the five star hides tear
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Do Omega even if you don't run suicides
    My 4* caried me from act 4ish through act 5
    Now my 5* one is doing the same for act 6
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    I have 4/5/6* OM. 6* unduped and thus stay at r1. 4* at Max and 5* at r3 (becoz of insufficient sig).
    Among AA, Namor and OM, I prefer AA as he is versatile in various content.
    Also, suicide is definitely a big plus for OM but I think he is still good without it. He is similar to Corvus in this respect.
    Others Malreck have already mentioned.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Yeah, does omega NEED suicides? I understand he’d be better but still, won’t he still be viable?
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Skiddy212 said:

Yeah, does omega NEED suicides? I understand he’d be better but still, won’t he still be viable?

The bleed at the beginning really helps to quickly build up spores, so yeah if speed is a concern then suicides are 'necessary' for him. Then again, it's pretty easy to lose those spores when the AI is acting up, so he's just as good otherwise.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,310 ★★★★★
    Just give omega high sigs and run suicides
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    I have a Max sig R3 Ghost and if I pulled a 6* Omega I will consider R4 him before Ghost. I run suicides tho.

Also keep in mind Omega's playstyle is a bit tricky. "Just stay close" is easier said than done in some cases. You def need to play him a lot to Master him (like Ghost)