**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

True focus is great!

MojoHaterMojoHater Posts: 244 ★★
edited July 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Until now, whenever some challenging new content came out, many people would just quake it.
And, it got quite frustrating.
I mean, here are Kabam, tryna make the game fun with challenging nodes and tough defender, and all some people need to do is bring in a quake (no doubt you need to be very skilled to operate her...) and finish it off.
It makes no sense that knowing how to play one particular champion can get you through 99% of the whole game.
Especially in a high reward (not so high difficulty) event like the summer of pain, everyone should enjoy it, while also EARN the rewards, not just get them due to their flawless skills with quake.
Note: Quake is VERY VERY hard to play and I appreciate everyone who is skilled at using her... but just quake shouldn't enable them to win everything without even bothering about the nodes and stuff.
Hence, true focus is pretty good and I'd be happy to see it in the next 3 SoPs.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    xNig said:

Add #overpowered tag to champs! Then have #overpowered champs suffer 50% ability accuracy reduction for the boss island. It’s good enough to discourage the use of them.

Lol that’s actually a good idea
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    Ngl, if I had quake on my second id... Gauntlet would have costed less units...rip 2.5k units.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    Ercarret said:

I'm actually a little surprised that the objectives have mostly centered on champs that everyone has reasonably ranked up. I was waiting for a "defeat this boss with a Guardian of the Galaxy/Sinister Six/Defender" objective, where the pool of good champions was significantly smaller and you might have to think a little outside the box.

I've found the additional objectives reasonably balanced. Extensive enough that you haven't been able to complete them in a single pass. Flexible enough that there are generally at least a few viable options for completing them.

Some might say that the fights are too easy, but given that cover all the objectives you might have to do 2-3 passes, I'm glad that if you're sufficiently skilled you can solo them.

So far I've actually like the adaptoid fight the most because it required a significantly different play style than using any champ's optimum rotation (unless you used Magik or Ronan).

• Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021

Malreck04 said:

The problem with this logic, is that OTHER people quaking the fight has literally ZERO impact on the state of your game.

That's not true at all. Do you think true focus has impacted the state of your game? Ignore Ghost and Quake for a second. Have you been affected at all by true focus being added? Because if you answer no, then you arent a Stryfe, Prof X, Mr Negative, Tigra, Elsa, Stark Spidey, Spider gwen, spider-ham or ebony maw player.

Those players have 100% been affected by other people quaking fights, there is a very clear and tangible impact on their game. True Focus has been added, simply because Quake and Ghost have been used to destroy all content easily compared to others.
    Missed the point buddy, I did not, at all, talk about true focus, but rather about the usage of quake. Also I am indeed a profX player, and he only NEEDS the falter in stun immune matches, in most other matches it's a privilege, not a necessity.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

xNig said:

Add #overpowered tag to champs! Then have #overpowered champs suffer 50% ability accuracy reduction for the boss island. It’s good enough to discourage the use of them.

Wouldn’t that be the first time Kabam acknowledges(in game) t

Malreck04 said:

The problem with this logic, is that OTHER people quaking the fight has literally ZERO impact on the state of your game.

. Also I am indeed a profX player, and he only NEEDS the falter in stun immune matches, in most other matches it's a privilege, not a necessity.
    that's besides the point. he has an ability that players like to use and don't want it to be invalid just because another champion is OP.

and it IS the usage of quake that is affecting other players. people use quake ad ghost too much and that forced kabam to add true focus and now everyone else is suffering
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

Malreck04 said:

That's not true at all. Do you think true focus has impacted the state of your game? Ignore Ghost and Quake for a second. Have you been affected at all by true focus being added? Because if you answer no, then you arent a Stryfe, Prof X, Mr Negative, Tigra, Elsa, Stark Spidey, Spider gwen, spider-ham or ebony maw player.

Those players have 100% been affected by other people quaking fights, there is a very clear and tangible impact on their game. True Focus has been added, simply because Quake and Ghost have been used to destroy all content easily compared to others.
    Missed the point buddy, I did not, at all, talk about true focus, but rather about the usage of quake. Also I am indeed a profX player, and he only NEEDS the falter in stun immune matches, in most other matches it's a privilege, not a necessity.
    You didn’t need to talk about true focus. Your opinion is that quake didn’t affect others game, it is a fact that because of people using quake we now have true focus, so there is a demonstrable impact.

Now if you’re talking about before the introduction of true focus did quake impact someone else’s game in questing content, then you’d have much more of a point and if you meant that, then my apologies.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    IMO if you are good enough to Quake your way thru end game content, then you'll do fine using other champs on boss island instead.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

Malreck04 said:

Malreck04 said:

You didn’t need to talk about true focus. Your opinion is that quake didn’t affect others game, it is a fact that because of people using quake we now have true focus, so there is a demonstrable impact.

Now if you’re talking about before the introduction of true focus did quake impact someone else’s game in questing content, then you’d have much more of a point and if you meant that, then my apologies.
    I guess that's true. I concede that true focus, while mainly meant to block out ghost and quake, does adversely affect other players.

It seems my argument was more directed to the people who keep asking for Quake nerfs and the like. OP's post for example, is completely anti-quake, and is an expression of joy at other players not being able to play quake(which probably stems from inability to play her themselves) , and not about how it hurts other champions/players.
    Malreck04 said:

Malreck04 said:

Malreck04 said:

I guess that's true. I concede that true focus, while mainly meant to block out ghost and quake, does adversely affect other players.

It seems my argument was more directed to the people who keep asking for Quake nerfs and the like. OP's post for example, is completely anti-quake, and is an expression of joy at other players not being able to play quake(which probably stems from inability to play her themselves) , and not about how it hurts other champions/players.
    That's a fair point, I think I misunderstood your original point a tiny bit so thank you for explaining. I actually agree with you here, I used Quake for my gauntlet run and when people said Quake is too strong, she should be nerfed I said the same thing, just don't use Quake if you don't like her. And I think I agree with your other point as well, that outside of Aw it shouldn't matter.

In AW it is a different story, since she's so dominant and really the safest option for so many fights it's just not logical to bring someone else. And since AW is such a competitive game mode, you wanna give yourself the best chance to win. So I'm actually glad something is being done about quake in War, making her no longer the best option. It will open up war to be less pressure, with more deaths. It will open up team use now that she's not the best option. The only downside is true focus messes up other champions who are not dominating as much as quake and ghost are.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★

IMO if you are good enough to Quake your way thru end game content, then you'll do fine using other champs on boss island instead.

You'd be shocked to see how many players are proficient with Quake and practically hardly any other champs. When one champ ignores 99% of the game, it's easier to learn that one champ well than to learn 200 regardless of that one champ being more difficult
    It's better to have a better arsenal of various weapon than to have a single machine gun. If you can learn one of the hard to play champs then many champs aren't even a challenge. Just one ain't enough and when anti quake stuff comes you just have to "lay down the arms, give up the fight".
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    IS so good that every time it gets added to some content like variants, act 7 or hard events, I will just go to the selected thread and advice to remove them.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

Ercarret said:

I'm actually a little surprised that the objectives have mostly centered on champs that everyone has reasonably ranked up. I was waiting for a "defeat this boss with a Guardian of the Galaxy/Sinister Six/Defender" objective, where the pool of good champions was significantly smaller and you might have to think a little outside the box.

I've found the additional objectives reasonably balanced. Extensive enough that you haven't been able to complete them in a single pass. Flexible enough that there are generally at least a few viable options for completing them.

Some might say that the fights are too easy, but given that cover all the objectives you might have to do 2-3 passes, I'm glad that if you're sufficiently skilled you can solo them.

So far I've actually like the adaptoid fight the most because it required a significantly different play style than using any champ's optimum rotation (unless you used Magik or Ronan).

I agree, I've really enjoyed the objectives. I'm TB but not a "deep TB" with tons of r3s and every content in the game cleared, so the SOP's difficulty really hit a sweet spot for me personally.

I was just not expecting to keep up with the event and all of its objectives as far as I have.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★★
    I’ve been throwing around the idea of like a Spiked Walls node that would effectively counter Quake’s playstyle without having a major impact on how other champions play. Basically it is what it sounds like, every time a champion either dashes back or is knocked back into their back wall, they take a burst of physical damage equal to X% of their opponent’s attack rating. This damage is unaffected by ability accuracy as it stems from the map, not either champion.

This would effectively remove quake as an option or at least require her playstyle to be altered in such a dramatic way as to bring her back in line with the rest of the game’s roster. And I believe it does so in such a way that 1) isn’t overly punishing to the player, I don’t think it impacts many other champions, and 2) is actually rewarding the player if they can corner the opponent. I imagine Dragon Man would have an absolute field day with this mechanic.
    Wicket329 said:

I’ve been throwing around the idea of like a Spiked Walls node that would effectively counter Quake’s playstyle without having a major impact on how other champions play. Basically it is what it sounds like, every time a champion either dashes back or is knocked back into their back wall, they take a burst of physical damage equal to X% of their opponent’s attack rating. This damage is unaffected by ability accuracy as it stems from the map, not either champion.

This would effectively remove quake as an option or at least require her playstyle to be altered in such a dramatic way as to bring her back in line with the rest of the game’s roster. And I believe it does so in such a way that 1) isn’t overly punishing to the player, I don’t think it impacts many other champions, and 2) is actually rewarding the player if they can corner the opponent. I imagine Dragon Man would have an absolute field day with this mechanic.

I think there's much easier ideas and ways to counter just quake and ghost without countering other champions, or other gameplay. If that's what kabam want to do, just say champions tagged #overpowered get -100% ability accuracy in this fight

• Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

I think there's much easier ideas and ways to counter just quake and ghost without countering other champions, or other gameplay. If that's what kabam want to do, just say champions tagged #overpowered get -100% ability accuracy in this fight

I mean, I’m sure there are other ways as well and I certainly don’t mean for this specific node to be the end-all be-all solution, just another option that could be considered and put into a rotation of solutions. I just like it better than True Focus because I love Silver Surfer and don’t want to see him and other champions have their value diminished because they share a core ability in common with Ghost and Quake
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    But on other side it's affecting champs like tigra, prof x, Ultron, spider gwen. I understand true focus is Targeted at quake and ghost but I don't think any champs other than them should suffer as penalty
  • MojoHaterMojoHater Posts: 244 ★★
    Uvogin said:

So, You either don't have quake or can't quake, which is it?

the first
  • MojoHaterMojoHater Posts: 244 ★★
    Having read the comments, I realise that true focus is indeed... not great.
    It just removes so many other options like stryfe tigra prof x mr. negative etc.
    Hence, a viable solution to prevent quakers from literally ignoring 99% of the game would, I suppose, be the #overpowered tag.
    Thank you everyone