**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Summer of Pain Week 7

Comments

• LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Guardian may be able to Tank all those Energy Attacks Fairly Well as long as you Stall the first 14 Seconds of the Fight for the Armor Up to reapply, Red Guardian who Cannot gain Any Buffs can ignore that aspect, same with Nullify+Stagger Immune Champions, Human Torch can probably just Brute Force ignore everything, Stark Spidey Could be good with his Increased Evade against Specials and Taunt, you Could possibly use Quake but would have to bait Specials occasionally and get into a Corner quickly to avoid the Degen...

Symbiote Supreme is a very odd choice for a Defender, with Several Basic yet Annoying Nodes when combined that also leads to not much for us to Counter unlike previous Weeks...
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★

He's ez

it's gonna be annoying to take all the damage when the placebo buffs get nullified
    Hehehehehehehehehe @TheBair123

He smashes this one

Guardian may be able to Tank all those Energy Attacks Fairly Well as long as you Stall the first 14 Seconds of the Fight for the Armor Up to reapply, Red Guardian who Cannot gain Any Buffs can ignore that aspect, same with Nullify+Stagger Immune Champions, Human Torch can probably just Brute Force ignore everything, Stark Spidey Could be good with his Increased Evade against Specials and Taunt, you Could possibly use Quake but would have to bait Specials occasionally and get into a Corner quickly to avoid the Degen...

Symbiote Supreme is a very odd choice for a Defender, with Several Basic yet Annoying Nodes when combined that also leads to not much for us to Counter unlike previous Weeks...

Close Encounters looks like it's just gonna be this ever present annoyance that punishes you while trying to bait Specials...
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★

Close Encounters looks like it's just gonna be this ever present annoyance that punishes you while trying to bait Specials...
    Close encounters is negligible compared to the nullify damage.
  • PGK88PGK88 Posts: 84
    And as always, Archangel is an answer ;) Had to use a revive as i didn't want to try again.
    Anyone done it with Red Hulk yet? He's my usual option for Mystics, though this one forces Buffs on you...
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I also used CGR for the cosmic - needed 2 40% revives but it’s done now.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    The objectives this time were actually pretty tough for me. Here’s who I used:
    Mercenary: 6r1 Unduped Luke Cage. He actually does really well, it took me four revives, but I think if I had him up at 6r3 I could have got it done in one or maybe a solo.
    Cosmic: 5/65 CGR. Maybe I should’ve used my unduped 6r3, but I wanted to make use of the Damnation debuff. Four revives because I messed up twice.
    Control Denial: 6r3 P2099. He actually did pretty good. It took me three revives to nuke Sym down.
    For the Solos: So far I got the solo with Thing and RG, will be trying a few more champs later this week.
  • AndyBeardoAndyBeardo Posts: 180
    I used Rulk. Not a one shot but the easiest sop fight I did (I am a mediocre cav with a limited roster).
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,536 ★★★★★

Thing = good counter. My rank 4 did good work of him
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    I echo that Domino is great for completion and Mercenary tag. Got a solo on first try with 5R5. Just full combos, bait SP1 as needed, use my SP3 and be less aggressive if bleed is on.
    Typhoon said:

Close encounters is negligible compared to the nullify damage.
    Don't you only take Nullify Damage in the First Phase? That can be Avoidable at least (hitting into Block or using a Buff Immune / Nullify+Stagger Immune Champion.)
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,452 ★★★★
    Easy torch fight
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    TheExit27 said:

WTF? Can someone explain why this is happening?

Is this a bug or something? I did a 5 second video, but it wouldn't attach.

You got your buffs nullified and Sym deals damage when nullify buffs while in Chthons Cunning.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★

He's ez

it's gonna be annoying to take all the damage when the placebo buffs get nullified
    He’s nullify immune lol
  • Vito ScalettaVito Scaletta Posts: 370 ★★★
    DrZola said:

Sunspot said:

I used Hyperion. Heavy spam in the corner, got like 10 furies, SP2 chain stun then repeat heavies. He doesn’t nullify everything until the power gain phase so it took me 3 level 1 revives with Hyperion.

I did the same. Not pretty, but after first shot got him down ~60%, I had revives in stash ready to burn. Good tip!

Dr. Zola

It’s satisfying watching those furies stack up! I was hitting 15k mediums!
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    1 revive with hitmonkey.

• altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Qfury said:

1 revive - don't think a solo with a cosmic champ is possible

Edit:
    Suicides + 15% attk + 10% attk & health

Boosts were probably overkill but I'm off to try and burst down with hitmonkey now for mercenary objective

What was your strategy? I used one SP2, and with all the armor breaks, one hit made SS go to SP3 and I got KO'd.
    I wonder, could Namor Reflect that Nullify Damage with his Sig Ability? You'd have to make sure you're Attacking at that moment but if it's counted that could be another option
  • HilldarHilldar Posts: 194 ★★
    Domino here too. Easy one shot but I have a 6r3.
    Who to use for control denial tag though?
  • Vito ScalettaVito Scaletta Posts: 370 ★★★
    Qfury said:

Who to use for control denial tag though?

I used r3 BWCV. 2 revives. I also had a P2099 but BWCV was great for healing too.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Done with mercenary (Domino) and cosmic (CGR). Denial is going to take a while.

This week is showing I really never learned Sym Supreme's kit - had no idea why some things were happening lol
    altavista said:

Qfury said:

1 revive - don't think a solo with a cosmic champ is possible

Edit:
    Suicides + 15% attk + 10% attk & health

Boosts were probably overkill but I'm off to try and burst down with hitmonkey now for mercenary objective

What was your strategy? I used one SP2, and with all the armor breaks, one hit made SS go to SP3 and I got KO'd.
    5 hit - medium
    Parry - heavy
    5 hit - light
    Few hits in to sp2
    Get as many hits in as poss and you should be back at an sp1 fire it off - there's 50% of his health gone.

1 revive required
  • ILoveDrDoomILoveDrDoom Posts: 39
    I did this fight with R3 5 star thing, I couldn’t believe how good he was for this fight lol. I messed up a few times and used 3 revives but it’s whatever I’ve done all 7 weeks and only need to do 2 more weeks :D
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    Easy solo with r2 Domino! I comboed like normal until sp3. Then fired of 2 sp2 to get him down. I did get lucky and survived an sp3 though.... Wasn't expecting that.