**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

iHulk or Mr. Neg?

PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I had the great luck to pull both Immortal Hulk and Mr. Negative as 5*s yesterday! They both look like great champions. Which one should I focus on ranking up first? I'm leaning towards Mr. Neg because the gameplay looks pretty fun (thanks for the tips @BitterSteel) Any other opinions on which of these champs is more useful?
Here's the rest of my science roster for reference. Thanks for the input!

Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 516 ★★★

I had the great luck to pull both Immortal Hulk and Mr. Negative as 5*s yesterday! They both look like great champions. Which one should I focus on ranking up first? I'm leaning towards Mr. Neg because the gameplay looks pretty fun (thanks for the tips @BitterSteel) Any other opinions on which of these champs is more useful?

How did you get Mr negative? He's not in basic crystals yet is he?
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 516 ★★★

Nvm I'm an idiot lol didn't realize the 5* featured changed
  • PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★

I don’t think there’s any way I can answer this without bias but I’ll give it a go.

Mr Negative and I-Hulk are both incredible champs, I have both at r3. Negative is more utility focussed, I-Hulk is more damage focussed.

Negative excels in more specific match ups where you can reverse power or regen, whereas I-Hulk is a general wrecking machine. But that doesn’t mean Negative won’t be useful in general gameplay. His damage is really up there, just doesn’t hold a candle to I-Hulk’s damage when the AI plays into you.

Looking at your roster, I hate to say it but it seems like you have the power/healing reversal covered with Cap IW and Torch, and nullify immunity with Thing. If you feel like you’d rather “fill a gap in your roster” I’d say perhaps I-hulk could be a better choice. But if you feel like you can never have too many good champs even if they do a similar sort of thing, then maybe negative is a good shout.

My advice would be test them both out, see if you like their gameplay. I-Hulk can be frustrating if you always want the ai to cooperate, and you need to learn to drop rage stacks after immortality or you’ll be on 1%. Negative can be tricky to learn, but once you’ve sorted out energy and converting and the evade counter, there is such a high ceiling for what he can accomplish.

I’m joking rank Mr Negative obviously /s
    Thanks @BitterSteel! That was a really well balanced helpful assessment. I think I need to try them both out and see what feels right. Having ihulk go up and down in health seems stressful but I’ll give him a try and see how he feels… and then I’ll rank Mr.Neg anyway haha.
  • PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★

@Khellendros138 He is in the featured crystal that released yesterday. I opened one and got him!

• Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Mr. Negative
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    Mr Negative all the way
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I don’t think there’s any way I can answer this without bias but I’ll give it a go.

Mr Negative and I-Hulk are both incredible champs, I have both at r3. Negative is more utility focussed, I-Hulk is more damage focussed.

Negative excels in more specific match ups where you can reverse power or regen, whereas I-Hulk is a general wrecking machine. But that doesn’t mean Negative won’t be useful in general gameplay. His damage is really up there, just doesn’t hold a candle to I-Hulk’s damage when the AI plays into you.

Looking at your roster, I hate to say it but it seems like you have the power/healing reversal covered with Cap IW and Torch, and nullify immunity with Thing. If you feel like you’d rather “fill a gap in your roster” I’d say perhaps I-hulk could be a better choice. But if you feel like you can never have too many good champs even if they do a similar sort of thing, then maybe negative is a good shout.

My advice would be test them both out, see if you like their gameplay. I-Hulk can be frustrating if you always want the ai to cooperate, and you need to learn to drop rage stacks after immortality or you’ll be on 1%. Negative can be tricky to learn, but once you’ve sorted out energy and converting and the evade counter, there is such a high ceiling for what he can accomplish.

I’m joking rank Mr Negative obviously /s
    Thanks @BitterSteel! That was a really well balanced helpful assessment. I think I need to try them both out and see what feels right. Having ihulk go up and down in health seems stressful but I’ll give him a try and see how he feels… and then I’ll rank Mr.Neg anyway haha.
    If you’re interested in I-Hulk gameplay then Buddy Lee is the place to go on YouTube.

https://youtube.com/channel/UCV8yMes0YXYgveGcpy2tpRg

For Mr Negative gameplay there’s a few channels I’d recommend

https://youtube.com/channel/UCEfbVAA0l60Ns0WL4xwcE_Q

My channel - I share questing/AW gameplay

https://youtube.com/channel/UCd85nrHF48VxFPjc4Msh-aQ
    Kaitu [DSVG] ‘s channel. He’s got a fantastic Mr negative guide, and lots of boss kills

https://youtube.com/channel/UC2yg5lp69uaT_Id9GEsHvxg
    MP Blaze’s channel. He does a lot of great AW vids with negative
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    I would probably go negative and play around with that venom synergy
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I would probably go negative and play around with that venom synergy

To be honest, I’ve never found that as more than a nice to have synergy. It’s useful to top your health up, but it’s a high stress playstyle and eventually you’ll miss time a parry, or they’ll throw a heavy attack and you will still need to dash back and you’ll lose it. In higher content, you’ll end up losing more health than you gain from the regen.