**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Upgrade advice

I just got a 4* Cable and I'm wondering if he's worth upgrading. I've only got one duplicated mutant as it is and that's Magneto. I've got him at 4/40 but really don't care for him. I was going to upgrade my 5* Storm on monday when I can get the catalysts but is Cable more worth the upgrade? Additionally I have the items to awaken a mutant 4* to level 22 and I sort of determined I would save them for when I eventually got Iceman (My favorite mutant) but is Cable possibly worth using them?

Comments

• Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    Cable is actually really good especially when duped. I recommend taking him up if you do not have a quester or a regen champ. He has sick regen, when duped you get those nice power floods that cause you to proc regen and power flood further because you start gaining power like mad. Hes got a sick sp2 that lowers ability accuracy. He counters any bleed champ nice and can even be a decent defender because of this with his power gain and his regen.

If you feel like you can benefit a lot from using him right now do not hesitate because 4*s are getting more obsolete (i realise its stilll far from 6*s) with everyday that passes. Also the odds of pulling an AA or iceman or wolvie or x23 are rather rare in the ever growing basic pool.

Cable is definately a swiss army champ and he is one of the top mutants behind those mentioned.
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    I just got a 4* Cable and I'm wondering if he's worth upgrading. I've only got one duplicated mutant as it is and that's Magneto. I've got him at 4/40 but really don't care for him. I was going to upgrade my 5* Storm on monday when I can get the catalysts but is Cable more worth the upgrade? Additionally I have the items to awaken a mutant 4* to level 22 and I sort of determined I would save them for when I eventually got Iceman (My favorite mutant) but is Cable possibly worth using them?

Cable isn’t really worth it. He’s amazing on paper but… just no… 4/40 is fine enough he’s just kinda meh
  • Options
    TurbulentUrFaceTurbulentUrFace Posts: 311
    Thanks for the advice you guys! It helped a lot.
  • Options
    Definitely not worth awakening with a gem. AA, wolverine, x-23, and rogue are the ones that benfit the most from it while maintaining God tier capabilities. Cable is definitely one of the better mutants, but the mutant class itself has a lot of heavy contenders just like mystics. Unfortunately cable isn't quite there.

As for storm she's a godsend for pi purposes and also a very capable high damage attacker/defender. I'd say at a 5* level she's worth ranking before bringing a 4/40 other than the previously mentioned to 4/50.

Those t4cc are not easy to come by. I personally won't even consider using any t4cc on any 4* that isn't both God tier and awakened. Ultimately the biggest factor is who are you both comfortable and good at using? That's more important than anything. A duped SL is great, but if you can't hold a combo then he's not worth ranking until you can easily go 50+ on boss fights.
  • Options
    TurbulentUrFaceTurbulentUrFace Posts: 311
    Sounds to me like Storm is the way to go. Really appreciate the help guys.