**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dear Veteran Cavs and Thronebreakers HELP

Nomad123Nomad123 Posts: 8
edited August 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Hi, F2P player here, so I have 21 6 star champs so far and only 2 of them were good, I r2 one of them, now I do have lots of cats, alphas, sigs, awakened stones ( for 5 stars) and I have completed 6.2.

I have lots of "good" 5 stars, So, if you guys just tell me the best/absolutely needed/chapter 6 gods (for 6.3 and 6.4 and to beat grandmaster) I would be grateful, and maybe max out 2-3 of them as I Know 5 stars will soon go obsolete.

also no ghost (I dont have her), doom and Fury ( have both of them maxed out) also I have attached a snapshot of my top champions to give a better insight of my problem, thank you for sticking and reading this to the end, I'd really appreciate it if I get some help regarding this, thank you. peace out.

Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Not only am I struggling to find the 2 good 6*s among the 8 good 6*s shown on this picture, you’re also nowhere near the point of being able to say, I don’t need to rank 5*s as I won’t be using them for long.
    Spoiler alert, you’ll be using them all through the rest of act 6, and 7 and probably chunks of act 8 too unless something drastic changes.
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    Yo is that an R5 Man-Thing?

@PuttPutt
  • Options
    You have quite a few solid options there like Worknprogress pointed out. I'd also say Captain America Infinity War is worthy of a rank up for that content. Additionally, your premise that "5* champions are becoming obsolete" is sorely mistaken. While you can and should be more selective about which 5* champs you rank up now that you have solid 6* options, there are quite a few champions who are more tenable as 5* due to the game economy surrounding signature stones and awakening gems. Take CapIW for example: You have him awakened as a 5*. Even if you don't have a lot of signature stones currently invested in him, you can still benefit from his damage and utility in the content you are trying to complete. But you would miss out on that utility and damage if you waited until you got him as a 6* before bothering to use him. It could take a few months to get enough signature stones to get your 5* to max sig. If you even had him awakened as a 6*, it could still take well over a year to get him past sig 100 and even longer for sig 200. Meanwhile you'd be sitting on a five star that can do good things for your progression. This goes for most of the champions in your screenshot.

As a final note, you may not be aware, but champions receive an extra 5% combat power rate for each rank they have. A Rank 5 5* can therefore get to specials and through fights noticeably faster and at a better tempo than a 6* Rank 2 because the 5* has 15% more combat power rate than the 6*. Even Rank 3 6* champions are at a 10% power disadvantage over a maxed out 5*. This is another reason that certain champions (who rely on special attacks for their main functions) work better as 5* at the moment than 6*. The latter certainly has other benefits, but as the damage potential of a maxed out 5* is about the same as a Rank 2 6*, it is often better to go with the 5* if you are still doing progression content like act 6.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

"maybe max out 2-3 of them as I Know 5 stars will soon go obsolete."
  • Options
    Iamant1Iamant1 Posts: 167
    I mean in all honesty even for a F2P player your account is pretty trash, mustn't have been playing long
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    At your level 5* are far from useless.

When you hit 100 6* and done all current content you should think like this, but you are very far off as others have already said.

Capiw is absolute must. I have r5 and 6* r3 version.
  • Options
    Nomad123 said:

Hi, F2P player here, so I have 21 6 star champs so far and only 2 of them were good, I r2 one of them, now I do have lots of cats, alphas, sigs, awakened stones ( for 5 stars) and I have completed 6.2.

I have lots of "good" 5 stars, So, if you guys just tell me the best/absolutely needed/chapter 6 gods (for 6.3 and 6.4 and to beat grandmaster) I would be grateful, and maybe max out 2-3 of them as I Know 5 stars will soon go obsolete.

also no ghost (I dont have her), doom and Fury ( have both of them maxed out) also I have attached a snapshot of my top champions to give a better insight of my problem, thank you for sticking and reading this to the end, I'd really appreciate it if I get some help regarding this, thank you. peace out.

I completed 6.2 man ( all thanks to these champs and a bit of skills) so ofc I'd not have just maxed out 4 stars lol, I just wanna be careful with who I rank up ( in 5 stars), you gotta be selective as the resources are rare and the champs to rank up are too many, anyway I apologized if it gave a wrong impression, I'd still appreciate some of the names that are gonna be banger in 6.3 and 6.4.
  • Options
    Monk1 said:

At your level 5* are far from useless.

When you hit 100 6* and done all current content you should think like this, but you are very far off as others have already said.

Capiw is absolute must. I have r5 and 6* r3 version.

oooohh thanks, I awakened and put him at 140 level, sure ill r5 him but any other champion that Im gonna need?
  • Options
    Malreck04 said:

I had no other option for that SOP Mysterio man xD he did get the deed done with full boosters active and 1 revive xD
  • Options

You have quite a few solid options there like Worknprogress pointed out. I'd also say Captain America Infinity War is worthy of a rank up for that content. Additionally, your premise that "5* champions are becoming obsolete" is sorely mistaken. While you can and should be more selective about which 5* champs you rank up now that you have solid 6* options, there are quite a few champions who are more tenable as 5* due to the game economy surrounding signature stones and awakening gems. Take CapIW for example: You have him awakened as a 5*. Even if you don't have a lot of signature stones currently invested in him, you can still benefit from his damage and utility in the content you are trying to complete. But you would miss out on that utility and damage if you waited until you got him as a 6* before bothering to use him. It could take a few months to get enough signature stones to get your 5* to max sig. If you even had him awakened as a 6*, it could still take well over a year to get him past sig 100 and even longer for sig 200. Meanwhile you'd be sitting on a five star that can do good things for your progression. This goes for most of the champions in your screenshot.

As a final note, you may not be aware, but champions receive an extra 5% combat power rate for each rank they have. A Rank 5 5* can therefore get to specials and through fights noticeably faster and at a better tempo than a 6* Rank 2 because the 5* has 15% more combat power rate than the 6*. Even Rank 3 6* champions are at a 10% power disadvantage over a maxed out 5*. This is another reason that certain champions (who rely on special attacks for their main functions) work better as 5* at the moment than 6*. The latter certainly has other benefits, but as the damage potential of a maxed out 5* is about the same as a Rank 2 6*, it is often better to go with the 5* if you are still doing progression content like act 6.

First of all thanks man for writing this long and nice thread, very helpful and yes CAPIW was like NF and doom so it was understood that Im gonna need him so I put him at 140 levels, I can r5 him, also any other champions that I need to max out for 6.3 and .4?
  • Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,112 ★★★★★
    Id suggest taking Tigra and Stealthy up to r2 as well. Both are very good…Tigra takes a bit more skill and practice though
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★
    Nomad123 said:

Malreck04 said:

I had no other option for that SOP Mysterio man xD he did get the deed done with full boosters active and 1 revive xD
    I'll mention what I think and I would do...I'm no judge of your personal preference

Personally I like Man-thing very much, but he isnt a champ to max out for progressing player, he gets most benefit from 5/5 MD. But maxing out a 5* man-thing for one fight of sop isn't a good usage of resource. Boosting a rank4 and using 4-5 extra revives is always better than investing valuable resources like 2 t5b and alphas for it. 200units<<<2t5b + 6t2a.
    Atleast its not a complete waste, he can be placed in defence.

Stark spidy helped me a ton(in 2018-19 + few fights while exploring some variant content), sure he is a banger, but not for todays standards imo. I suggest new cavalier players to rankup champs specifically for Monthly Cavalier EQ. 100% Cav EQ is a best source of all kind of resources for progression. The champs used for Cav EQ are mostly versatile and help in different areas and content.

You'll see as you progress beyond a certain stage you'll need more r5s. I still need to upgrade couple more 5* and I have 28 r5s + 8r3s.
    I would have agreed to your point of using resources cautiously. But your few rankups says otherwise, r5ing man thing, civil warrior and stark is no for most cases. They are good and when the situation demands they could've been used at rank4 effectively with boosts.

Also post more of your 5 and 6*s... You will definitely get more input from many players. Community do help fellow summoners.

Lastly on the rankup advice, and it's my favorite versatile progression king.. Sig 200 Capiw.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    marino123 said:

In your screenshot i see 6 good 6 star champs. Not sure why you're saying only 2 are good.

Edit- not even 6. All the 6 star champs except psycho man and taskmaster are pretty good.

Taskmaster is underrated and actually has some decent damage and use if you know his rotation.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,160 ★★★★★
    Honestly the champs you have up look like act 6 done for me. We need to see the next couple rows of ur roster though. Giggling that you think you only have 2 six stars.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Magneto and aegon do a lot of the bosses.

Starky, doom and nick will take a few. I think you’re only looking for a Havok counter tbh, not sure if CW works there.