**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Civil Warrior vs Longshot

mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 980 ★★★★
Hey gang,

Wondering if anyone could shed some light on a fight I just had.

Using Civil Warrior, who is immune to nullify and stagger, I got nuked by Longshot's special 2 (spare judgement..I pushed him to the sp2 on purpose to see what would happen).

Longshot's special 2 description says the fate seal nullifies all buffs (paraphrasing).

As I understand how fate seal works, it prevents new buffs from activating, and nullifies active buffs.

So my question is...if Civil Warrior is immune to nullify, why would he take the massive incinerate damage caused by Longshot's special 2 when the fate seal is applied?

Do you think it's expected behavior, or a bugged interaction?

Thanks.

Comments

• VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    You might have had some bad karma on you. Those are also converted to incinerate
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 980 ★★★★
    @GarrettN, I didn't catch if his armor ups were still there or not, cause that nuke happens so fast, but with the amount of incinerate damage taken, I have to assume it was from something being nullified.

I'm curious if it was from bad karmas, cause they count as buffs for the sake of his nullify, however his description for that only says it "removes bad karma", not "nullifies" bad karma.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Could have just been karma converting but also probably not just that. CW is nullify and stagger immune but not fate seal which is what LS places and would get around both of those immunities
  • Doctor_Strange19Doctor_Strange19 Posts: 250 ★★★

Could have just been karma converting but also probably not just that. CW is nullify and stagger immune but not fate seal which is what LS places and would get around both of those immunities

This is correct. Civil Warrior is not fate seal immune, so Longshot can incinerate him. If a champion (like Thing) is fate seal immune, they can’t be incinerated, regardless of any bad karma on them.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Also remember to not have pure of heart active if you do push him to a sp2.