**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Best Counters for EF

124»

Comments

• Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,751 ★★★★★

Typhoon said:

DNA3000 said:

Typhoon said:

DNA3000 said:

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

I don't get why people are applauding @Agent_X_zzz. He knowingly exploited a bug.

His intention was not to exploit the bug but rather to showcase that hela in her current bugged form can solo emma...
    His skills are pretty solid and he does not need to rely on any bug to exploit it. If u knew him than u would have known that he soloed SOP rogue with 3* she hulk. Why would someone who can can complete grandmaster gauntlet reviveless and solo sop bosses with 3* need to use a petty exploit?? Just think before making accusations...
    he didn't say he was showcasing it anywhere. he posted videos (yes, he did this for other SOP weeks as well) of abusing a bug without explanation, thus showing other players how to beat the challenge using a bug. it's not an accusation, it's a fact. it doesn't take a genius to realize that you shouldn't post videos of yourself abusing a bug on the forums.
    I wouldn't consider this to be an abuse of a bug or exploit. By my standards, and usually the standards of most game operators, "abuse" of a bug or exploit involves performing non-standard game activities to leverage unintended game behavior. When the game behaves differently than intended when players play normally, that isn't treated as abuse because it is unavoidable.

If there was a specific way for Hela to maintain furies that a player would ordinarily never do but is aware triggers the bug, that could be considered exploitive. It could even be actionable: they could be punished for doing so. But if the problem is Hela maintains furies when played normally by any player that can't be considered an abuse or exploitive behavior.

Games as a service are constantly changing, and as a result there are inevitable unintended behaviors happening all the time: some operate in the players' favor, some operate against the players' interests. There's nothing wrong with just playing the game and sometimes generating results the devs didn't intend.
    Can you say that he's playing with Hela normally though? Her souls are clearly expired in both of the videos and he continues to charge heavy attacks and build furies. She does not operate this way in other game modes. To repeatedly use her in this game mode while not building her souls up, in my opinion, is an exploit. If he did this and kept the exploit to himself, fine. But showing other players how to do it only exacerbates the problem.
    How would you advise a player to avoid the bug? I can only see two options: one: don't play Hela. Two: don't build furies. But both options are nonsensical.
    It's in the game, so it can't be avoided at this point. Option Three would have been to build her souls as normal using medium attacks and playing her the way she operates in every other game mode. Obviously there's no way to police that.

Personally, I think the correct route would have been to make a bug post on the forums instead of using it over multiple weeks.
    Exploit yes just like how people who every day force close the game to get a "free" revive essentially, we've all done it no denying that, or wait what about moleman and people "exploiting" that every single day.

Last week I did the challenge with hyperion first and this week i did it with g2099 first before I used hela just FYI

"Personally, I think the correct route would be to make a bug post on the forums"
    I also dont see you making any bug post yourself, so you think thats the correct route sure go do it yourself ;)
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/275732/hela-furies-bugged-in-summer-of-pain-mode#latest

There ya go, pal.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

I don't get why people are applauding @Agent_X_zzz. He knowingly exploited a bug.

Youre a real piece of work huh
    Haven't hit your forum post quota for the day?
    “Exploited” bug—>said it was a bug

Hmmmm

If using a bug is an exploit, then am I exploiting the parry bug?