**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Next 5/65 advice…

Need some help deciding on next 5/65, below are my current maxed out 5 stars for reference:

As for my next options to max I’m leaning Warlock but also considering Angela, Mags (I have an unawakened rank 2 six star), Venom, or Sym Supreme. Any advice is much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited August 2021
    So many 5*... Why not 6* now? I'm only maxing 5* that require dupe and max sig as it's still hard to do that with 6*. So in your roster, Angela still makes sense, as do omega and namor, but 6* R4s are just around the corner and act 7 gives 6* a boost, so why focus on 5* for the most part?
  • Options
    CangaceiroCangaceiro Posts: 429
    Namor if you can max sig
  • Options
    TyDollarSignTyDollarSign Posts: 227 ★★

So many 5*... Why not 6* now? I'm only maxing 5* that require dupe and max sig as it's still hard to do that with 6*. So in your roster, Angela still makes sense, as do omega and namor, but 6* R4s are just around the corner and act 7 gives 6* a boost, so why focus on 5* for the most part?

@TitoBandito187 I have 6* Red Mags, Corvus and Stealthy all at rank 2 but I have yet to form a full T5 Class Cat so no rank 3s yet which is why I haven't even really thought about rank 4.
  • Options
    StaphMemberStaphMember Posts: 337 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    What content are you preparing for? End of Act 6? Act 7? Variant content?

I’m partial to Venom because I find the spider-verse hero evades some of the most annoying mechanics in the game.
  • Options
    BarryMcCaulkinerBarryMcCaulkiner Posts: 178 ★★

@TitoBandito187 I have 6* Red Mags, Corvus and Stealthy all at rank 2 but I have yet to form a full T5 Class Cat so no rank 3s yet which is why I haven't even really thought about rank 4.
    Based on that you should rank up Warlock. If you didnt have a 6 star mags, id go him, but Warlock will fill in the gaps if any in your roster right now.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,756 ★★★★★
    It depends a little on what content you're out to clear. Venom and Warlock are superb in a bunch of Variants, and Warlock is superb in just about anything outside of that as well while I haven't found as much use for Venom in Act 6/7.

Angela has one of the best signature abilities in the game and is well worth a rank-up. I just max-sig'd my 5* and she's glorious. I really liked her pre-buff but post-buff Angela is just a machine. I love how you can just completely ignore every damaging debuff in the game after X amount of buffs.

I don't use Namor much, but having a max-sig Namor is always worthwhile for when the need arises.
  • Options
    edited August 2021

Yeah, but what other 6* r2 options do you have? Post the rest of your 6* roster. With all those max 5*, you gotta have a decent amount of 6* now, or are they all bad?

There's nothing wrong ranking 5* at all, but you're gonna find that they are falling behind the curve as 6* progression continues.. so plan a little for the future now if you have some decent 6* r2 candidates and only rank 5* that will meet gaps in your roster utility if you can.
  • Options
    These are my 6 stars @TitoBandito187, there's not really anyone I'm super excited about because I have Captain Sparkles and Hulkbuster both awakened and 5/65 as 5 stars. I'm thinking about taking Diablo and Vision Aarkus to rank 2 though.

• Options
    Ercarret said:

It depends a little on what content you're out to clear. Venom and Warlock are superb in a bunch of Variants, and Warlock is superb in just about anything outside of that as well while I haven't found as much use for Venom in Act 6/7.

Angela has one of the best signature abilities in the game and is well worth a rank-up. I just max-sig'd my 5* and she's glorious. I really liked her pre-buff but post-buff Angela is just a machine. I love how you can just completely ignore every damaging debuff in the game after X amount of buffs.

I don't use Namor much, but having a max-sig Namor is always worthwhile for when the need arises.

@Ercarret That's where I'm also a little stuck trying to figure out - been slowly chipping away at Act 6 100% and finishing exploration on a couple of variants. I've also only done one lane on LoL, and haven't attempted AoL just yet.
  • Options

These are my 6 stars @TitoBandito187, there's not really anyone I'm super excited about because I have Captain Sparkles and Hulkbuster both awakened and 5/65 as 5 stars. I'm thinking about taking Diablo and Vision Aarkus to rank 2 though.

Thanks. Yeah, diablo would be solid. Bishop now too. Falcon, Aarkhus for sure as well. King Groot is going to be amazing now once you dupe him.

Perhaps nothing at the top echelon of the god tier "charts", but definitely some good options.

If you are still planning 5*, warlock is a swiss knife ulof utility and damage. As yours is r4 and unduped, it would just suck to take him up and then get the 6* soon after since he's doesn't need the dupe. You have lots of 5* R5 options... Just realize that if you take them up, you'll be waiting longer for the next r2 and/or R3.

Where are you at in story mode and variants? If you still have work in either of those, I'd go for the champ who can help you complete/explore those so you get the rewards and can rank someone else again.