**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Question about King Groot

Phillip14233Phillip14233 Posts: 576 ★★★
edited August 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I have a 6* awakened king groot. I know he recently got a buff, but how good really is he? I have tons of t4 cosmic expiring and a t5 cosmic ive had for a while. Is he worth R3 or is he still just an ok champion?

Comments

• Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★

I have a 6* awakened king groot. I know he recently got a buff, but how good really is he? I have tons of t4 cosmic expiring and a t5 cosmic ive had for a while. Is he worth R3 or is he still just an ok champion?

My R3 6 star says he's pretty good.

But really tho he's a monster now. Was great for AQ before and much better now. Building his fury now is much easier since it's set at 20% and not 9% like before and the potency has been increased by alittle at base but after time it's doubled. I know I have a R3 so it's alittle skewed but with just 10 fury and a few armor breaks his light attacks are doing 9-10k crits.

Lets talk about the SP2 now. It may not seem like much but with some simple math it looks so much better.
    For example say the Poison is ticking for a small 900 per tick which is standard for a few fury and him not being fully ramped (not even 100 seconds in). 900 seems ok but when you look at the bigger picture it gets kinda crazy.

900 per tick means 1800 a second and after the buff it last a MINIMUM of 20 seconds now just on it's own. So 1800x20 is a cool 36000 damage from just a standard poison without anything else needed. Now you gotta then think about, what if he has more fury when using a sp2? Maybe it's ticking for say 1100 instead, well that's 44000 damage instead. So what if you pause that 900 tick for 6 seconds via a heavy attack just ONCE. Then that's 26 seconds and it goes from 36000 damage to 46800 just from doing a heavy attack once. Now there is no limit to how often you can pause the poison so you can pause it alot. You can take that 20 seconds and turn it into a full minute if you feel like. You can also stack the poison's up as well to have 2 ticks going at the same time and also still pause both. The damage adds up. I didn't even mention the initial damage from the attack itself which scales with his attack from the fury so even with just 5 fury alone before the 100 seconds it'll do at least 30k damage then the poison damage after will apply where you can pause as much as you want.

Just for fun lets just make him max sig and give him a full 100 seconds in a fight with a fairly ok number of fury (10). So you use a SP2, the red numbers are doing say 9k damage per tick and that's 4 ticks so 36000 initial damage and lets just add the actual hit damage also so lets make it a cool 40k from just the attack itself. Now since you're also fully ramped and max sig the poison last 30 seconds instead and say it's ticking for just about 1k so it's ok. that's 2k per second x 30 so 60k damage then add the 40k from before. That's a 100k SP2 total without even doing much but doing basic attacks and not really much else. Now pause the poison say 3 times for 6 seconds which is 18 seconds and the poison goes up to 96k damage so the SP2 in total now did 136k total damage.

Vs Robots is also something we need to talk about. So far in AQ (Map 5) I haven't ever been able to go to 100 seconds with him vs any robot cuz it's map 5 and that's a joke. I tend to not bother with the SP1 and save for the SP2 instead. With just 5+ fury, each red tick does at LEAST 19k damage which is x4 again so 76k damage not counting the actual normal damage or crits the attack may do. That's not even close to what I've seen other KG's do. I've seen him blast 40k red damage when he's fully ramped so that's a 160K sp2 vs Robots without again, doing much at all.

Regen wise, the more sigs the better (mine is sig 120 but with SOP I'll bring him to sig 200 within a week as getting the last 5 sigs should be easy) but even lower down, his regen to ME is the best in game because you don't have to work for it, think about it, use an ability to get it, do a rotation or cycle to get it, etc. It's just there and works. It works very well also. If you also need more regen then his SP3 has that more than covered as it provides him with a big burst of one which should always be used when he has fury to make it last longer. The man is a literal tank and in most days of AQ (I'm talking like 95% of the time), my whole team are at a full yellow bar because I just use him only and his health stays put even if you eat specials or mess up. The SP3 got a buff as it holds the regen in place if he's heal blocked also so it doesn't go to waste.

He can also with Despair heal block much easier now since he places 3 armor breaks per sp1 and with the Petrify master then every parry stun reverses regen on enemies. Power drain and burn immunity is a nice bonus as well.

There is much more to talk about but you get the idea.

Tl;Dr: He's really REALLY good now.
  • Options
    Phillip14233Phillip14233 Posts: 576 ★★★
    Very informative, thank you!
  • Options
    FuskieFuskie Posts: 108
    I took my 6* KG sig 40 to rank 2 after the buff. In my opinion he is in the top 3 Cosmic discussion and top 10-15 overall!! He is a Beast and his Regen is crazy!