Noobish question about Cavalier MEQ

jdrum663jdrum663 Member Posts: 551 ★★
Okay, I'm embarrassed to ask this: Do you guys take all of one class down a "class path" or do you take two or three with a safeguard or two? One of said class and four synergy? I haven't fooled with the Cav MEQ in forever and thought I'd give it a go. It wasn't as bad as I expected as long as I used the right class (Science path in this case). I used my regular guys and quickly found out that it was very tough using any other class. I did what I could and backed out so I could ask for advice or opinions. Any help would be appreciated and I'll accept any ridicule for dumb questions, thanks!

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Member Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    i think 99% of paths that i take in the cav eq, i'll always bring quake and nick fury for 3 reasons.

1: the evade synergy
    2: they're just good champs
    3: i'll usually use them as safeguards

then with my other 3 slots, i'll either bring 1 or 2 champs for the class node specifically. if i know that i have a champ like angela who can solo every single champ on the cosmic path with ease, then i'll bring 2 other champs that i know will counter the boss. usually that's a combination of archangel, magneto, or even a double immune if necessary
  • ReferenceReference Member Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I only select particular champ for the boss fight. Other than that I just pick 4 same class champs for the class path. I choose randomly within the class unless the node is particularly tricky.
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Member Posts: 551 ★★
    Okay, thanks a lot guys! I'll try it again once my energy is back. I'll take Nick at least (maybe Ice Dude) and I think I can figure it out from there. I really appreciate it.
  • StaphMemberStaphMember Member Posts: 337 ★★★
    Wholly dependent on any necessary counters, but I typically bring 3-4 in the class that benefits on the path and 1 to counter the boss. Occasionally there’s a path defender that requires a specific immunity (like Mephisto in the tech chapter this month) I chose to bring void. He may be gimped without the class benefit, but he’s got reliable damage that remains consistent through any fight. I also broke down the typical nodes in another comment and posted here since you’ve been removed from them for a while.

- Skill tends to reward shock, ability accuracy reduction, evade counter, or purified debuffs
    - Science favors slow, poison immune, debuff placement
    - Mystic always rewards nullify
    - Cosmic rewards stacked and unique buffs
    - Tech keys in on power control and heal block
    - Mutant focuses on biohazard, regeneration or prowess
  • DawsManDawsMan Member Posts: 2,169 ★★★★★
    I take three class based path clearers and 2 boss counters. They can clean up the path if i die tho.
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Member Posts: 551 ★★
    Great info to have, thanks!