**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Noobish question about Cavalier MEQ

jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
Okay, I'm embarrassed to ask this: Do you guys take all of one class down a "class path" or do you take two or three with a safeguard or two? One of said class and four synergy? I haven't fooled with the Cav MEQ in forever and thought I'd give it a go. It wasn't as bad as I expected as long as I used the right class (Science path in this case). I used my regular guys and quickly found out that it was very tough using any other class. I did what I could and backed out so I could ask for advice or opinions. Any help would be appreciated and I'll accept any ridicule for dumb questions, thanks!

Comments

• Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    i think 99% of paths that i take in the cav eq, i'll always bring quake and nick fury for 3 reasons.

1: the evade synergy
    2: they're just good champs
    3: i'll usually use them as safeguards

then with my other 3 slots, i'll either bring 1 or 2 champs for the class node specifically. if i know that i have a champ like angela who can solo every single champ on the cosmic path with ease, then i'll bring 2 other champs that i know will counter the boss. usually that's a combination of archangel, magneto, or even a double immune if necessary
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I only select particular champ for the boss fight. Other than that I just pick 4 same class champs for the class path. I choose randomly within the class unless the node is particularly tricky.
  • Options
    Okay, thanks a lot guys! I'll try it again once my energy is back. I'll take Nick at least (maybe Ice Dude) and I think I can figure it out from there. I really appreciate it.
  • Options
    StaphMemberStaphMember Posts: 337 ★★★
    Wholly dependent on any necessary counters, but I typically bring 3-4 in the class that benefits on the path and 1 to counter the boss. Occasionally there’s a path defender that requires a specific immunity (like Mephisto in the tech chapter this month) I chose to bring void. He may be gimped without the class benefit, but he’s got reliable damage that remains consistent through any fight. I also broke down the typical nodes in another comment and posted here since you’ve been removed from them for a while.

- Skill tends to reward shock, ability accuracy reduction, evade counter, or purified debuffs
    - Science favors slow, poison immune, debuff placement
    - Mystic always rewards nullify
    - Cosmic rewards stacked and unique buffs
    - Tech keys in on power control and heal block
    - Mutant focuses on biohazard, regeneration or prowess
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    I take three class based path clearers and 2 boss counters. They can clean up the path if i die tho.
  • Options
    Great info to have, thanks!