**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How we can approach a Captain America (Classic) buff.

ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
edited August 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Now that I have your attention, I'd say it's pretty safe to say that Classic Captain America is near useless except for his Perfect Block. But even if you're going to shine a light on that, Captain America is still very outdated. Everyone jokes about how Ant-Man has 2 lines of abilities, Captain America has 3.

So how can we approach a buff for Captain America?

America's Saviour - Passive:

Captain America's Super-Soldier serum gives him -85% Resistance to Poison effects and he is immune to their Regeneration rate reduction. In addition, Captain America gains +900 Physical Resistance.

Captain America cannot gain any buffs, if he would gain a buff then he gains a passive effect mirroring the effects of the buff.

Captain America's will of iron reduces incoming damage by -65% for 1.5 seconds after launching a Special Attack, this is paused until the Special Attack ends.

Captain America increases his Attack Rating by +10% for each other #Avenger on his team.

(Right off the bat he's suicide friendly, he's going to take reduced damage during and after his Special Attacks which will mostly hamper Recoil Damage. Once that's done he can easily heal back up to full health. Much better already and I'm not even talking about his buff interaction.)

Vibranium Shield:

Captain America starts the fight with his Vibranium Shield active. Captain America gains +1000 Block Proficiency and reduces the opponent's Block Penetration by -100% while he is Blocking.

Well-Timed Blocks inflict a Slow debuff on the opponent for 9 seconds, Slow debuffs reduce the opponent's Evade and Unstoppable Ability Accuracy by -100%.

If Captain America would be struck by an Unblockable attack or takes more than 10% of his Max Health in a single hit either directly or through the block. Captain America has a 100% chance to Auto-Block the attack, this can trigger the Parry Mastery.

If Captain America would Auto-Block due to his personal abilities, he becomes Unblockable immune and has a 100% chance at triggering Perfect Blocks for 2.5 seconds.

If Captain America would be struck by an SP3 or would Auto-Block, Vibranium Shield goes on cooldown for 18 seconds.

(Now look at this utility. With this, Captain America has de facto Block Penetration immunity, easy access to Slow, Unblockable immunity, and a Safeguard. So much more utility than what he had before.)

Heavy Attack:

Pause all personal Fury passives for 2.5 seconds.

(This'll be important later)

Special 1:

Inflict a Physical Vulnerability debuff on each hit reducing the opponent's Physical Resistance by -300 for 40 seconds.

Gain a Combat Power Rate buff increasing Combat Power Rating by +20% for 5 seconds after the Special Attack ends.

(This is here if you want to add some extra ouchies to your attacks, mainly the SP2. The Power Rate is there so you can speed back up to an SP2 or another SP1. Plus, Diss Track option.)

Special 2:

Activating this Special Attack inflicts an Insecurity debuff on the opponent for 3 seconds. Insecurity debuffs make the opponent fight more defensively and reduce the opponent's chance to activate a Special Attack by -70% if Vibranium Shield is active.

If Vibranium Shield is active, the Shield Hit is Unblockable. This attack gains +100% Attack Rating if it break's the opponent's block.

Inflict a Bleed debuff dealing 200% of Captain America's attack over 7 seconds. This Bleed debuff gains +50% Potency if this Special Attack breaks the opponent's block.

(This is where your big ouchies come from. Just trigger this the same way you'd probably trigger Hulkbuster's or Masacre's SP2 and boom you got big damage. Plus the new debuff I just made up makes the option of just going for it and still getting the big damage bonus.)

Special 3:

Gain a Fury buff increasing Attack Rating by +120% for 40 seconds. Max: 1.

(Damage)

Signature Ability: I Can Do This All Day...

+20% - +50% Debuff Duration based on how long the fight has gone on. This maxes out at 60 seconds.

+1000 - +2500 Block Proficiency based on how long the fight has gone on. This maxes out at 60 seconds.

(This is just here to not be a necessity but just something that is nice to have, if the fight is going for a bit too long then you'll get better debuff duration and better blocks.)

Synergy Changes:

Civil War Stories: With Longshot - Captain America's Ability Power Rate reduction now triggers with Slow debuffs.

Loyal Minister: With Punisher - Captain America's attack boost triggers with Slow debuffs instead of Fatigue debuffs.

So, what do you think of this approach? Do you think it's good, do you think it's bad? What might have you done if you were to suggest an approach?

(Please don't put this is approval hell, my Iron Fist rework is still stuck in there to this day.)
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    This is really good!
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    I don’t like the whole “start with vibranium shield active” thing like Red Guardian, since Cap’s is Vibranium and doesn’t break like RG’s does.

Instead of auto blocking when struck by unblockable, I’d just let him be able to block unblockable attacks in general. I also think he should be like Colossus and have parry built into his kit, with a guaranteed perfect block on every parry. If you have the parry mastery, then like colossus he can do a small bit of damage. The slow also should function like Spider-Gwen’s heavy slow, if that’s what you were going for.

Also… did I miss the fury passives in his kit? Or do they not exist?
  • Options
    edited August 2021

I don’t like the whole “start with vibranium shield active” thing like Red Guardian, since Cap’s is Vibranium and doesn’t break like RG’s does.

Instead of auto blocking when struck by unblockable, I’d just let him be able to block unblockable attacks in general. I also think he should be like Colossus and have parry built into his kit, with a guaranteed perfect block on every parry. If you have the parry mastery, then like colossus he can do a small bit of damage. The slow also should function like Spider-Gwen’s heavy slow, if that’s what you were going for.

Check the passive ability
  • Options

ah… so just pause the special 3 fury? Neat bonus, but definitely wouldn’t be used unless it’s a long fight
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    nice touch with the font colors
  • Options

ah… so just pause the special 3 fury? Neat bonus, but definitely wouldn’t be used unless it’s a long fight
    Well yeah. Mans is built for short and long fights (/w sig). I had the idea of making all buffs become passives as a work around to nullify immunity when I made a Mister Negative concept ages ago (before he was made).
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Waiting for a mod to get rid of the colours.
  • Options
    Malreck04 said:

Waiting for a mod to get rid of the colours.

yeah, while neat the mods hate having color in posts
  • Options

I mean

We've never actually seen Red Guardian's shield in action, let alone see it break in the only piece of MCU media we've seen him in so far. However, Captain America's shield has broken on screen. Still don't know why we never saw RG's shield in BW, but then again that film was kind of a mess.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,756 ★★★★★
    If every special attack gave a stacking passive fury, I could see the need to keep it up. However, pausing an SP3 fury for 2,5 seconds seems too little to be worth it. Especially since it's 40 seconds long anyway.

That said, I think the concept itself is pretty solid. I don't really like auto-block mechanics since I don't find them particularly useful when playing champs (too unreliable) but really annoying when attacking an auto-blocking champ. But aside from that, I like what I see.
  • Options
    Ercarret said:

If every special attack gave a stacking passive fury, I could see the need to keep it up. However, pausing an SP3 fury for 2,5 seconds seems too little to be worth it. Especially since it's 40 seconds long anyway.

That said, I think the concept itself is pretty solid. I don't really like auto-block mechanics since I don't find them particularly useful when playing champs (too unreliable) but really annoying when attacking an auto-blocking champ. But aside from that, I like what I see.

Fair, I kinda just base my designs less on power but more on balance now.