Options

Rookiie Tuesday: Random Thoughts

RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,814 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
Dear forums,

Since our last random ramble, this is what is mainly going through my mind:

1) I did not pull any of the 6-stars that I was chasing from the featured. Instead, I duped my Deadpool X-Force.
So I took my 6-star Human Torch (sig 20) to R3, and Captain Marvel (sig 200), Namor (sig 162) and Tigra (sig 33) to R5.
It's good for now and I have a Cosmic T5CC and 98% of a Tech T5CC in my inventory. Which brings me to my second point.

2) Who's excited for Nimrod? I really want a meta-defining Tech champion that is not Ghost to hit the game. I wonder whether it's worth it to go for the early access bundles, but I've got bang average luck so it might be wiser to save my $. Even though I really want a Tech champ. Do you think Nimrod will be meta-defining? Will his niche be to Mutants what Torch is to Mystics?

3) A lot of what is advertised on other Marvel video games is centered around the Avengers. Take Realm of Champions or Future Revolution as examples. Now, I know that the OGs were used to introduce beginners to the game, but they are sorely outdated. To add to this point, beginners are now chasing meta defining champions much quicker than before. Wouldn't it be nice for Kabam to accelerate endgame buffs and synergies for the champions that brought so many of us here?

4) Lastly, that Spiderman Teaser Trailer was sick. I don't want to sound like a broken record, but I would love for the Spider Verse, Avengers and Guardians to be as present as the Mutants in the meta. Wouldn't that be nice?

5) On a different note, I think we've been complaining too much lately. Sure, Kabam have been messing up left, right and center. Parry & dex issues, drop rates, late roadmap and whatnot. But we're all still here aren't we? We all love this game and even though our interest has been waning, I'm sure they'll come through in the last quarter. A new variant, the Chronoserpent, the next chapter in Act 7, Cyber Monday deals, some well known champions and Epoch shards are all coming our way. Maybe even some roadmap surprises. So, hold on tight folks!

As usual, feel free to ramble below.

Regards,
Rookiie

Comments

• Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited August 2021
    Hieitaku said:

I deeply enjoy and appreciate the positive aspects of this game and it has been a part of my life enough to feel like losing a loved one if the game goes under. As sad as that would be, I'll just have to move on if it actually happens.

I really hope it wouldn't.

Kabam has the capability to address the existing and persistent bugs and issues in the game. I wish they'd just prioritize and focus on that, even if it meant putting the buffs and the rest of the roadmap on hold. As suspicious as some of those seem to be, we'll forgive and forget all of them as long as they're taken care of properly and for good.

Please please PLEASE do not have this mindset, it sounds incredibly unhealthy. This is a mobile video game alright, just know that the world will still move on if the game ever does go under
  • Options
    HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Hieitaku said:

I deeply enjoy and appreciate the positive aspects of this game and it has been a part of my life enough to feel like losing a loved one if the game goes under. As sad as that would be, I'll just have to move on if it actually happens.

Kabam has the capability to address the existing and persistent bugs and issues in the game. I wish they'd just prioritize and focus on that, even if it meant putting the buffs and the rest of the roadmap on hold. As suspicious as some of those seem to be, we'll forgive and forget all of them as long as they're taken care of properly and for good.

Please please PLEASE do not have this mindset, it sounds incredibly unhealthy. This is a mobile video game alright, just know that the world will still move on if the game ever does go under
    I did say I'll move on if the game dies, so
  • Options

Roadmap? You mean "hey guys look at all this stuff that we're gonna talk about and never mention in a post except in strewn comments for forum users"

We'll get something by Cyber Monday tΜΆoΜΆ ΜΆbΜΆoΜΆoΜΆsΜΆtΜΆ ΜΆsΜΆaΜΆlΜΆeΜΆsΜΆ
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Rookiie said:

the Chronoserpent

the what now
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

1) Me neither, oh well

2) I’d be more excited if 95% of the champs this year weren’t incredibly horrible, but he definitely looks cool

3) Yes please, I want to use OG DD and SIM in content so much, but I can’t

4) Oh yeah, it wad awesome. I don’t think the guardians will ever be as present as any of those groups, because it’s just not large enough.

5) I really, really wish I could agree here. I’ve loved the game for 6.5 years.
    But… this is probably the worst year for champs ever, nearly every single update that dropped this year had a ton of bugs that broke the game, and at the moment you can barely even use one of the game’s core mechanics, which has been broken for months. Not to mention that literally every cav deal we’ve had this month has had the wrong drop rates.
    It all just gets to a point where you can’t just give them the benefit of the doubt anymore. I’ve already nearly stopped playing fully apart from summoner appreciation. Hopefully they get it together soon though, because I really want to keep playing.

Agree with 2) and 5).
    The champions this year have been nothing short of disappointing, save for two or three.
    Even the buffs haven't been so great. We've seen many disappointments already.
    It's not a great year for sure.
    But I'm certain they'll bounce back.
  • Options

Rookiie said:

the Chronoserpent

the what now

https://youtu.be/tClS4MpuCQA

It might be the thing at 2:26
  • Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Hieitaku said:

Hieitaku said:

Alright man, just didn’t want a fellow gamer to suffer from a virtual game. Stay winning my friend
  • Options

Hieitaku said:

Hieitaku said:

Alright man, just didn’t want a fellow gamer to suffer from a virtual game. Stay winning my friend
    πŸ₯²
  • Options
    Sergeant_Sergeant_ Posts: 272 β˜…β˜…
    1. Uhh....hope the compensation comes soon
    2. Hope I pull a really good Mystic from my next 5* crystal.
    3. Thinking whether we'll be getting compensation for the Dragon Man Cav crystal....
  • Options
    Hello all
    I'm opening a 6-star crystal in 2 hours and 30mins
    Send me some good wishes please πŸ™πŸΌβœ¨
    Need to overturn that DPXF
  • Options
    Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Rookiie said:

Hello all

Good luck buddy!
    May the odds be ever in your favor!
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Rookiie said:

Hello all

I predict Sentry.
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

Hello all

jabari panther is waiting for you in the crystal
  • Options

Rookiie said:

Hello all

I predict Sentry.
    Wouldn't necessarily trust your predications considering you also predicted a Sentry buff like 7 months in a row, and failed each time...
  • Options

Rookiie said:

Hello all

I predict Sentry.
    Wouldn't necessarily trust your predications considering you also predicted a Sentry buff like 7 months in a row, and failed each time...
    We'll see who's laughing when Sentry gets buffed in October.

(You heard it here first ;) )
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,165 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Rookiie said:

Dear forums,

Since our last random ramble, this is what is mainly going through my mind:

1) I did not pull any of the 6-stars that I was chasing from the featured. Instead, I duped my Deadpool X-Force.
    So I took my 6-star Human Torch (sig 20) to R3, and Captain Marvel (sig 200), Namor (sig 162) and Tigra (sig 33) to R5.
    It's good for now and I have a Cosmic T5CC and 98% of a Tech T5CC in my inventory. Which brings me to my second point.

2) Who's excited for Nimrod? I really want a meta-defining Tech champion that is not Ghost to hit the game. I wonder whether it's worth it to go for the early access bundles, but I've got bang average luck so it might be wiser to save my $. Even though I really want a Tech champ. Do you think Nimrod will be meta-defining? Will his niche be to Mutants what Torch is to Mystics?

3) A lot of what is advertised on other Marvel video games is centered around the Avengers. Take Realm of Champions or Future Revolution as examples. Now, I know that the OGs were used to introduce beginners to the game, but they are sorely outdated. To add to this point, beginners are now chasing meta defining champions much quicker than before. Wouldn't it be nice for Kabam to accelerate endgame buffs and synergies for the champions that brought so many of us here?

4) Lastly, that Spiderman Teaser Trailer was sick. I don't want to sound like a broken record, but I would love for the Spider Verse, Avengers and Guardians to be as present as the Mutants in the meta. Wouldn't that be nice?

5) On a different note, I think we've been complaining too much lately. Sure, Kabam have been messing up left, right and center. Parry & dex issues, drop rates, late roadmap and whatnot. But we're all still here aren't we? We all love this game and even though our interest has been waning, I'm sure they'll come through in the last quarter. A new variant, the Chronoserpent, the next chapter in Act 7, Cyber Monday deals, some well known champions and Epoch shards are all coming our way. Maybe even some roadmap surprises. So, hold on tight folks!

As usual, feel free to ramble below.

Regards,
    Rookiie

2. I have little hope for a meta defining champion. Kabam always wants to keep the champions not broken unfortunately. We've had two amazing champs, Shang and Herc, but I'm not sure this advanced sentinel will fit the ticket.

3. I hope they have a big avengers rework party over 2-3 months. Make some bangers.

4. Loved the trailer, don't feel the need.

5. I agree. We complain a lot. We're not going to have a perfect, smooth game all the time. It's just how it goes. As they add more to the game things just get bugs and its just patch after patch. I would love for them to just take a week (yes thats a ton of time I know) and fix it up. Big maintenance, maybe make a whole new server. Idk what needs to be done but as someone who doesn't know anything about developing I think Kabam should tear down and rebuild, as opposed to continuously renovating. They did say they wanted to face life the contest, finding a way to eliminate bugs would be nice. As always, new content is great, just wish it lasted longer. Excited to see the outraged/praising posts to be made about 7.3 rewards.
  • Options
    My computer generated predictions :
    1) Moon Knight
    2) Spidey Symb
    3) Ihulk
    4) Nick Fury
    5) Spidey Hamboi
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,055 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Rookiie said:

Hello all

I predict Sentry.

Alongside Guillotine, ensuring that he only gets a value or moderate buff? Is this really the call you want to be making?
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

Rookiie said:

Hello all

I predict Sentry.

Alongside Guillotine, ensuring that he only gets a value or moderate buff? Is this really the call you want to be making?
    A moderate update like Kingpin or Bishop wouldn't be so bad for him tbh.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone.
    I'll take number 5 please and thank you @Scarcity27.
    Hehe fat chance @The_Sentry06, as much as I'd love to see him get buffed it's not happening anytime soon.
    Unfortunately it's a basic crystal @TheBair123, so Jabari won't be in there (unless she's in the basic and I don't know about it?).
    Tearing down and rebuilding wouldn't be a great idea in my opinion @DawsMan, I do think they can get this back up soon. It's IT at the end of the day, if everything is going right then something must be wrong. And yes, a rework party for the Avengers is in order ☺️
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,165 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Rookiie said:

Thank you everyone.
    Hehe fat chance @The_Sentry06, as much as I'd love to see him get buffed it's not happening anytime soon.
    Unfortunately it's a basic crystal @TheBair123, so Jabari won't be in there (unless she's in the basic and I don't know about it?).
    Tearing down and rebuilding wouldn't be a great idea in my opinion @DawsMan, I do think they can get this back up soon. It's IT at the end of the day, if everything is going right then something must be wrong. And yes, a rework party for the Avengers is in order ☺️

It's IT at the end of the day

@Kabam Miike Have y'all tried turning it off and back on again?
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

Thank you everyone.
    I'll take number 5 please and thank you @ Scarcity27.
    Hehe fat chance @ The_Sentry06, as much as I'd love to see him get buffed it's not happening anytime soon.
    Unfortunately it's a basic crystal @ TheBair123, so Jabari won't be in there (unless she's in the basic and I don't know about it?).
    Tearing down and rebuilding wouldn't be a great idea in my opinion @ DawsMan, I do think they can get this back up soon. It's IT at the end of the day, if everything is going right then something must be wrong. And yes, a rework party for the Avengers is in order ☺️

thought it was a featured. i'm changing my guess to mr fantastic
  • Options

Hmm, that's not so bad imo! What do you guys think?
  • Options
    DawsMan said:

Rookiie said:

Thank you everyone.

It's IT at the end of the day

@Kabam Miike Have y'all tried turning it off and back on again?
    Or kicking the servers πŸ₯Ύ
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

Could be better. Could be a hell lot worse too. I've got a 6* myself, tho I don't really use him.
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

Niiicee!

Vulture does have a synergy with Sentry, so I was kinda close with my guess. :)