**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Arena AI

TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
Just fix it and make it stable already!!

So inconsistent AI that sometimes won't use specials, and will be super passive. Other times will be so aggressive with expert level light intercepts, special intercepts, corner heavies and other stuff.

If you want to push more players into arenas so that you're able to gather more data on playstyle, time taken, and other information that are collected, then at least make the AI consistent so that players do the arena. Many won't even do the arena because of the inconsistent AI, super long time to request help (so slow), add request help for all, add help all player requests. Add some of these needed changes if you want players to do the arena!!

Comments

• Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Arena AI sucks. It's clearly some begineer level AI except that whoever designed it didn't take into account that the opponents have sp3 active. Like being passive and not intercepting is annoying, but it's tolerable as at some point, you will get through the fight. But then the AI simply refuses to throw their sp1 and sp2 and you insta die due to sp3 or you get backed into the corner.

This is after the AI "update" mind you.
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    The Arena AI has made me quit playing it. I've been an addictive arena grinder for over a year, and I can barely even do enough to get a few milestones anymore
  • Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    And all of a sudden now the AI wants to do 5 hit attacks. Many times they'd do only MLM or MLLM. Now they want to do 5 hits. Seriously stop breaking the game in the name of improvements.

The person who's designing the AI code, seems to be forgetting the arena opponents have parry as well.

Also, the recovery time from getting knocked down is unbelievably fast. I mean let the final hit finish. They are getting up before even hitting the groud. First make arenas super annoying, and then put stuff into arenas. If you want to have more match data, fix the AI first, or at least restore the original AI, collect data from matches and then make your newer AI.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Yeah the passive ai can be infuriating but what if that ai is made to counter things that have recently been hot topics among the arena grinders…

The ai popped up about the same time as being somewhat regularly matched against higher ranked opponents. They can be counter measures.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I've found the AI to be pretty much the same after an established streak of 20 or so. Before that it's annoying but no big deal. Even if you push the passive AI to three bars they don't really want to throw the SP3 if you are aggressive.