Havok's debuffs don't count against Venom SOP?

thanks4playingthanks4playing Member Posts: 805 ★★★
In Havok's champ description, he applies plasma debuffs on his opponent. Albeit the term "debuff" is only applied in the section header of his description:

But in practice, they are debuffs. E.g., against spider99, he shrugs off these plasma debuffs.

Can someone explain why these debuffs don't count against the Set Up and Spike node against SOP Venom?

Comments

• SaiyanSaiyan Member Posts: 727 ★★★★
    I'm about 99% sure it's because the debuffs trigger as SOON as the SP3 starts so it doesn't count for the node. The debuffs go away before they are counted for the node is what I mean so you take the damage back.

This is how the node Diss Track always works when I use Havok sadly. If you use a SP3, his SP3 deals no damage. Probably a bug or maybe a bad interaction idk.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Member Posts: 805 ★★★
    Saiyan said:

I'm about 99% sure it's because the debuffs trigger as SOON as the SP3 starts so it doesn't count for the node. The debuffs go away before they are counted for the node is what I mean so you take the damage back.

This is how the node Diss Track always works when I use Havok sadly. If you use a SP3, his SP3 deals no damage. Probably a bug or maybe a bad interaction idk.

That makes a lot of sense to me. But does that mean that Mighty Charge shouldn't shrug these plasma debuffs? HEre is the wording from Mighty Charge on s99:

• SaiyanSaiyan Member Posts: 727 ★★★★

Saiyan said:

That makes a lot of sense to me. But does that mean that Mighty Charge shouldn't shrug these plasma debuffs? HEre is the wording from Mighty Charge on s99:

No mighty charge works fine with the Plasma. It's how his debuffs are removed when it comes to his SP3 that's the issue. If you fire off a SP2 with the plasma debuffs on the enemy then it works just fine since his sp2 doesn't remove plasma.

It's more so how Havok's SP3 works than the nodes themselves.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Member Posts: 805 ★★★
    Saiyan said:

Saiyan said:

No mighty charge works fine with the Plasma. It's how his debuffs are removed when it comes to his SP3 that's the issue. If you fire off a SP2 with the plasma debuffs on the enemy then it works just fine since his sp2 doesn't remove plasma.

It's more so how Havok's SP3 works than the nodes themselves.
    Thank you. I'm going to try SOP venom with Havok's sp2 instead. This could be an easy way for me to fulfill my last objective for mutant.