**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

If extending SOP Week 10 isn't an option, what about having it reoccur at a later date?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
The deadline for this event is approaching, and we have not even heard if the compensation would becoming before it closes.

Even if it did come before, it would be a limited time that we'd be able to use it for the event. Because of this , and because the game is just unplayable for the majority, people have been creating threads asking for extension. I'm aware there are a handful of people against this idea, just because they won't be able to claim rewards at the original date. Though, I have seen many players that already explored the event and still believed it should be extended for those of us that haven't completed it. Kudos to them.

The point of this thread is to suggest another alternative. If extending isn't feasible, for instance if it isn't possible to have the rewards sent out via mail to those that completed it by the original date, and still have it open to those that didn't finish, then what about having it reoccur?

This would allow more time for Kabam to fix the controls issues and allow the players to be able to complete the event at a time where the game is actually playable.

Regardless, the idea of forcing players to complete an event with limited time when the state of the game is potentially at it's worst is hard to fathom.

Comments

• Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    There has been confirmation that compensation will come before the end of this event
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    Dude we managed it just fine. Us thronebreaker players have the same game issues as you do. Not sure why it's all "hard to fathom".
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★

There has been confirmation that compensation will come before the end of this event

Hence why I mentioned "even if it did come before we'd have a limited time available to utilize it". What's the point if its only 1 day left?
  • I'm fairly certain they said that the Summer of Pain event would return at a later time for more summoners to struggle through. Rewards for fights or objectives that we've already completed would not be available to us during those future opportunities. I think that was part of the announcement of Summer of Pain.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    edited August 2021
    GagoH said:

Hence why I mentioned "even if it did come before we'd have a limited time available to utilize it". What's the point if its only 1 day left?
    We have known about the final week for a very long time and you have had almost 2 weeks to grind resources for it. You could have done it before compensation was given out but people shouldn’t have their rewards delayed because they or want compensation to do it. Also just do multiple paths in a day
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    Why should anyone get longer..?

Game is same for everyone - some of us just pushed through it, rather than moan and ask for extra time.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,322 ★★★★
    The rewards are not worth the time/struggle. Just ignore it a little bit longer and be happy about seeing it disappear.

Did 100% of Week 1-9 … but 0% of Week 10.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    WOLF_LINK said:

The rewards are not worth the time/struggle. Just ignore it a little bit longer and be happy about seeing it disappear.

Did 100% of Week 1-9 … but 0% of Week 10.

You didn’t complete a single path of week 10? That seems like a waste, I mean do what you want but even my alt that’s only cavalier was able to get through one lane with aegon with minimal revives. 10-15 revives is an okay cost for completion rewards.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I think even if they fixed the issues , the people that aren’t able to complete it now, won’t be able to complete it then.

I think those that may be punching a little above their weight will benefit from a couple revives, but still don’t think they will be able to 100% the SOP.

Everyone I know that has the game 100% done has SOP explored with all objectives.

If Kabam were to open it for one week longer it would be to give people more time to earn revives etc. I would be curious to see a hit counter on GM before they died or a video. I myself struggled with GM fight and would sometimes take me 5-7 revives, to get the flow of him down. I had only 2 one shots.

My point is , I don’t think the people that need it open would actually be able to do the content . I believe it’s due to limited rosters and skill more so than a parry and dex issue.

This is only my view on SOP and not AQ or AW.