**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who is the more valuable champion ( prestige excluded)

Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
Who is the more valuable champ ? Hercules or King groot? After reading up and playing with KG and watching some videos , I think KG is the more valuable cosmic. He has excellent regen, armor break, furies, debuff shrug abilities , posion immune , power drain immune.

Hercules is great, he does have a cheat death mechanic, but KG literally just doesn’t die .

I feel like I have overlooked KG , but now starting to see clear. KG> Hercules

Who is the more valuable champion ( prestige excluded) 68 votes

Hercules
86%
LeNoirFaineantBitterSteelRaganatorzuffyGK_23SymbioticVen9MChitlinsSungjDarkrider05YoMovesrockykostonThefire13Ackbar67FluffyPigMonsterThatOneMasterGamerQacobEtjamaMobile_P0tat0No_oneukFieryWater 59 votes
King Groot
13%
CazKossukosecausticTexas_11RakeYoungbooscka2536qm44ThePredator1001AidenTheWise 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 652 ★★★
    King Groot
    Utility wise definitely, but the damage on Hercules combined with the immortality make it hard to beat. I’ve seen plenty of content where you can just ignore some of nodes and burst damage them down due to his immortality
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    This is my current debate for r3 (TB) on my alt. I will do the GM next week and then I honestly don't know what to do. I love Herc. His damage is insane! But I just don't know where I would use him. I don't plan on doing anything further on my alt after getting TB, at least for awhile, so I am leaning towards KG because I will use him all the time in AQ and AW. KG is duped as well, so that gives him the edge. But my honest opinion is that Herc is better overall, but I personally will not use him in most content.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    King Groot
    Sungj said:

King groot definitely is god tier sustainable and while if played in a certain way can feel immortal there are more than a handful of situations and nodes that will limit his use almost completely.

I was always skeptical of Hercules as pre-release hype has definitely failed us before. I didn't see him surpassing the use of CGR whom I have as a rank 3 6* or corvus who I have as a rank 2 6*.

Well I was lucky enough to pull the guy as a 6* from a couple cav's and after using him for a month at rank 3 in my mind he is undoubtedly the best cosmic in the game.

First off, at a certain point high enough levels of damage output becomes utility. I take the can't stop won't stop lane in AQ, map 7 full modifiers. That node reduces damage by 75% when you're not under an unstoppable effect. Outside of the metal champions in that lane hercules takes down the fights faster/cleaner than my rank 2 red mags. It's slightly lower than CGR's full damage potential but without having to rely on any play style limitations or special limitations which is important for the modifier than reduces special AA by 90% on a cycle. It's literally quadruple king groot's damage output if not even more.

So in term's of damage king groot isn't in the same league. So what about utility? Admittedly 80% of Hercules' utiltiy comes from his sig and you need it to be max level or close so in a way KG has more accessible utiltiy since he only needs to be awakened for his big regen his main source of utility. You greatly underestimate the value of his cheat death. It's one of if not the most broken ability introduced in game since Ghost's phasing. Played well it's literally 40 seconds plus of not worrying about death. Now that may not sound like a huge amount of time but taking into consideration that Hercules can burst over 500K health in that time there's little content outside LOL, abyss, GM and nodes like safeguard hercules can't take down within that time frame.

I've seen him used on nodes of every damaging debuff that king groot even with his regen just can't handle, he can burst down bs degen nodes, high level magiks, Ibom, spiked armour, and a plethora of others that would kill king groot.

Outside of just sustainability, his 100% up time true sense buff on sp1 in very valuable. The 50% chance to autoblock basic attack node in aq is Childs play with Hercules, he's basically stun immune which while niche is again really strong. King groot has consistent armour breaks and power drain immunity which are nice but IMO aren't as useful nor as relevant as the utility Hercules has.

Hercules is also one of few cosmic that don't rely on buffs almost at all if you aren't looking to trigger his immortality and also most important has 100% control if and when he want's to trigger his buffs. This makes him more valuable than almost any cosmic against trickier mystic matchups and nodes like dorm, mojo, heavy buffet, power snack, etc. King groot simply can't deal with nodes like that since his buffs are automatic.

In my opinion hercules is the best cosmic champion period and frankly is just a level above king groot completely

Really great write up!
  • Options
    GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Of course this is from the elsa guy
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    Hercules

Roblin is better than CGR guy
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Hercules

Im the elsa guy, just not the elsa bloodstone guy
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★

Roblin is better than CGR guy
    He is definitely a contrarian, but he is polite and listens too.
  • Options
    GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★

Roblin is better than CGR, guy!
    😌