**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

My thoughts on Shang Chi side quest.

Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
Team:
R5 Aegon 5* —- uUsed for Shehulk and tigra
R1 Corvus 6* Used for Hitmonkey and sunspot
R3 Diablo 6* -Used for mister negative
R3 immortal hulk 6* - Used as clean up beast.
R1 proxima 5*- Synergy

Total revives spent 26

Hi, so I consider myself an above average player, I usually don’t have a difficult time competing content or any of the higher difficulty stuff. I found SOP fun and challenging for example.

This Shang Chi challenge had the true focus node on there, I’m okay with that as it forces you to use a different roster.

The node combo of invade and close encounters I think goes back to punishing the player instead of rewarding the player, similar to 6.2. I think this is something I’m okay with and Kabam is forcing us to think more about utility then just straight power , which is a good start.

I’m not quite sure why they thought it was a good idea to change their structure of difficult content back to punishing the players , but really the problem I had is everyone automatically went to 1 option CG.

The node combo was actually so punishing it did the complete opposite of what it was suppose to do. I actually tried about 20 champs and some of the notable ones just got destroyed by the degen( Gambit , terrax, king groot, massacre)

I think they should continue to make node combos like this, but the degen damage should be able to be mitigated a little better.

I think a node where if you don’t hit the opponent for a certain time frame you start to degen would be more appropriate( forgot name) Even if the timer was shorter, this would allow you to reward the aggressive players with health, but punish those that get a little too passive. I would have also liked to see something where if we intercepted we paused the degen damage for X seconds.

I just don’t like when they put us into such a small corner, with little room for creativity so it was a little disappointing to me.

Comments

• Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,756 ★★★★★
    The problem I have with that node is that it is so incredibly punishing. As soon as you throw a special attack, you automatically push the opponent back and create enough distance between you for you to start taking damage. It drains 3% health per second, right? There are not a lot of special attacks that are short enough for that to not just take a huge chunk of health out of you.

I don't have a huge problem with the node itself beyond that - I actually think that the back-and-forth can be quite fun - I just wish it was a bit more forgiving in terms of what you could do. If I were to change anything, it would probably be to pause the degen if you knock the opponent down with a heavy, as well as during special attacks. I think that would allow you to play more aggressively than you can at the moment.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

The problem I have with that node is that it is so incredibly punishing. As soon as you throw a special attack, you automatically push the opponent back and create enough distance between you for you to start taking damage. It drains 3% health per second, right? There are not a lot of special attacks that are short enough for that to not just take a huge chunk of health out of you.

I don't have a huge problem with the node itself beyond that - I actually think that the back-and-forth can be quite fun - I just wish it was a bit more forgiving in terms of what you could do. If I were to change anything, it would probably be to pause the degen if you knock the opponent down with a heavy, as well as during special attacks. I think that would allow you to play more aggressively than you can at the moment.

I couldn’t agree more. There doesn’t seem to be a rewarding loop for any champion, I guess maybe it is calling for healing champs like Claire , wolvie , Diablo .
  • Options
    DiinastyDiinasty Posts: 55
    Ercarret said:

A good solution for this would be to not have the node activate while using specials, like if I use Doom Sp2, which last for 4-6 seconds and instantly pushes the enemy away, that’s 12-18% health gone for nothing