**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Anyone else growing bored MCOC

i'm sorry kabam, but i'm getting bored with the game. i mean i'm stuck on act 4 and 100% complete heroic story event. I don't know maybe its me. I'm starting to lose interest. I think they should add another game mode. My friend had quit MCOC last month. But i'm definitely losing interest. (just throw some things out there to help me regain interest i'm all ears or should it be eyes..... I don't know)

Comments

• Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    edited October 2017
    There is still a lot more you can strive for. The problem becomes how long it takes to get there. This game is about slow grinding over a long period of time. It's not the same as the "theme park" games that are prevalent today.

Sure I get bored sometimes. Sometimes I take a week off of arena. Sometimes I don't use quest energy for a week.

The only constants are AQ and AW. Those 2 are really the heart of the game and can't be missed.
  • Options
    Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    i'm sorry kabam, but i'm getting bored with the game. i mean i'm stuck on act 4 and 100% complete heroic story event. I don't know maybe its me. I'm starting to lose interest. I think they should add another game mode. My friend had quit MCOC last month. But i'm definitely losing interest. (just throw some things out there to help me regain interest i'm all ears or should it be eyes..... I don't know)

What do you mean by "stuck" on act 4 ?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Do master event. Rttl. Try out WS in ROL expert proving ground.
  • Options
    HuluhulaHuluhula Posts: 263
    Vossler77 wrote: »

i think he means he’s not good enough to finish it with the champs he currently owns

• Options
    Huluhula wrote: »
    Vossler77 wrote: »

i think he means he’s not good enough to finish it with the champs he currently owns

Yeah i figured that much. Maybe he should gring to get better.
  • Options
    TeeJayFlashTeeJayFlash Posts: 152
    I am having more fun playing without an alliance..only one I have to answer to is me...and I am still making progress..so if you are loosing interest then it may be time to hang it up
  • Options
    NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    I too am becoming bored since AW went to ****.
  • Options
    MMCskippy wrote: »
    We have to all realize that everyone can handle different levels of grinding.

To really move along at a pace that supports enjoyable game play (read this as being able to complete content without spending **** loads of units to keep going), you have to grind 20 hours per week (minimum) to hit all arena milestones and run through the daily and monthly quests needed. I'd say you need 30 hours of grinding if you include AQ/AW. (And that's if you have an iphone) I'd hate to be grinding on an android with the extended load times.

The long and short is, there's WAYYYYYYYY too much to do in the game and there's not one place to focus your efforts that pays off better than they others. The amount of quest energy needed to complete daily quests, monthly quests and Acts 1 thru 5 far exceeds the amount of free energy you can accumulate during a 24 hour period.

When I first started years ago, you only had to focus on arena, the Acts and the daily quests and that was very doable. For new peeps, it's hard to pick where to focus your time. Arena is boring.

I agree arena is boring especially since cut off is at such an insane level! Not to mention 4 stars which is what you're fighting for are nearly worthless witg the upcoming release of 6 stars.
  • Options
    VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    I grew a beard with MCoC
  • Options
    jsds23jsds23 Posts: 9
    id quit
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    Maybe it is just a matter of my being newer to the game (11 months) , but I don't find myself bored with MCOC. There are so many different areas of the game to choose from that I can always find something I "want" to do.
    I've had months that I won the 4* basic champ all 4 weeks... but I also took a week off from grinding after that to recharge my batteries. I'd explore Act 4 instead, or challenge my alliance to see who could take down RoL in the least amount of hits and we'd have to post screenshots or videos. Or I'd power through all the linked nodes in an AQ just to see if I could.
    I find the mechanics of newer champs like Doc Octopus, Nebula, and Morningstar quite entertaining, so mastering them keeps me interested as well. And there are so many 4* champs I'm excited to get my hands on one day like Ghost Rider, Stark Spidey, Magik, Gwenpool, and Blade... much less as 5* or 6* champs.
    Hopefully you are able rekindle your love for this game or find something else that brings you as much joy as when you first stated playing MCOC.
  • Options
    The game has run dry. Can’t really enjoy anything when the game is always buggy or they’re making changes without making that aspect of the game worth playing. AW is being changed without rewards being changed and many actually hate it which is in turn have many leaving the game. The game is very boring now.
  • Options
    ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    If I don’t pull a god tier champ soon than yes I’ll be bored
  • Options
    Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Try Versus or ask your Alliance to do Alliance Quests or Alliance Wars. You can duel other people and make your profile look good. Also maybe practice Master for the Event Quest (Monthly) or try beating Act 4 or get your champions ranked up so it'll be easier for you to fight in Act 4.