**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My thoughts on Miles Morales

J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
My thoughts after seeing some videos and playing my r2 Miles Morales. I had some expectations and was not met. This sad given how long his buff was tease and took.
- Utility: the only thing he counters reliably is unblockable specials and maybe his taunt, which more so to help with his spider-camo and invisibility. It can come handy when needed to bait specials. Pseudo power control one can argue.
- Damage wise, he’s okay but some missed opportunities.
1. His rapture debuff should have stacked (I dunno if it’s bugged or not cos it doesn’t say in his description)
2. Fury length should have been increased or have a way to pause them like Stealth Spidey especially since it’s locked with his signature ability (high sig)
3. And/or have a way to refresh his personal debuffs.
- As a defender, he could have been better. He should have had a way to complete his spider challenges as a defender. Ex. Either same of half of each challenge grants a charge when fighting as a defender when the opponent perform those tasks. (Block, hit, and dex) That way his evade chance could be increase as a defender (he’s a Spider-Man). Combining that high evade chance with miss would have made him a better defender than he is now.

This my observation for now, there could be more lemme know your thoughts. It feels some of these buffs don’t get enough testing before they’re a released. What makes this even sad is there’s likely no chance he gets tweaked. Still he’s a better champ than before by far. He’s gonna get some use, those that like the character like myself. Also when having to deal with some tricky unblockable specials, however an attempt to shut down Ghost and Quake with “true focus” node being used in most big challenge contents renders his invisibility (and evade) useless and he becomes just a basic champ. As such there are better alternative basic champs to use that aren’t squishy with a ramp up.

What are your thoughts on Miles Morales buff?

Comments

• Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    He cover for unblockable nodes and/or attacks

@BitterSteel made a post about it

The rest will be nice to have sure,
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★

He cover for unblockable nodes and/or attacks

@BitterSteel made a post about it

The rest will be nice to have sure,

Well true focus will ensure he doesn’t live up to his expectations with the way it’s going. I checked the post and it’s pretty cool if he’d get to really use it in big contents or ones that matters.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 753 ★★★
    Yeah, He seems like he is much worst as a defender now. One of his challenges should also cover if you get hit like count for the blocking one. He has better damage but I think Stealth spidey is still better since you can pause his fury and crits. They definitely need this for Miles. Those spall tweaks would make him so much better. Then you would be able to stack the furys much easier to make him worthwhile. I this point the only need to rank him is for the unblockable utility. Also his camo should work like Hoods.kinda.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I think the number one improvement should be some piece of utility to build the champ around. Unblockable attacks isn’t enough to build a champ around as their only piece of utility, it’s too niche

Spider Gwen, who is the obvious parallel, isn’t even built around it. Her much wider utility is slow, one of the best debuffs in the game, and enervate. And she was designed years ago.

Miles really needed a core piece of accessible utility to build around. Taunt is nice, but again, only taunt and unblockable attacks isn’t enough unfortunately.

I don’t think he should have had slow, then he provides exactly the same utility as spidergwen and would essentially be a copy. I think perhaps a very accessible petrify, maybe on the sp1.

I do really like the buff, and I’m not arguing for a rework or anything, just pointing out a couple flaws in his design.

Yeah, He seems like he is much worst as a defender now. One of his challenges should also cover if you get hit like count for the blocking one. He has better damage but I think Stealth spidey is still better since you can pause his fury and crits. They definitely need this for Miles. Those spall tweaks would make him so much better. Then you would be able to stack the furys much easier to make him worthwhile. I this point the only need to rank him is for the unblockable utility. Also his camo should work like Hoods.kinda.

If we ever get to use his spider-camo for big challenging contents he’s gonna compete or be up there with Stealthy. Both have 2 distinct top utility, one evade, unstoppable and miss counter and the other invisibility (esp for unblockable attacks). Damage, Stealthy most likely is better.

I think the number one improvement should be some piece of utility to build the champ around. Unblockable attacks isn’t enough to build a champ around as their only piece of utility, it’s too niche

Spider Gwen, who is the obvious parallel, isn’t even built around it. Her much wider utility is slow, one of the best debuffs in the game, and enervate. And she was designed years ago.

Miles really needed a core piece of accessible utility to build around. Taunt is nice, but again, only taunt and unblockable attacks isn’t enough unfortunately.

I don’t think he should have had slow, then he provides exactly the same utility as spidergwen and would essentially be a copy. I think perhaps a very accessible petrify, maybe on the sp1.

I do really like the buff, and I’m not arguing for a rework or anything, just pointing out a couple flaws in his design.

I was thinking the same thing when I first tested him out. I quickly pulled up auntmai science champs to see what’s common to all of them. Although their utility and diverse being able to deal with mystics should be core meaning a measure of power control would have been decent and petrify came to mind. But maybe they intended taunt to act as a substitute for petrify IDK. But his buff doesn’t look nor feel complete IMO some misses key ones for that matter.