**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How to improve game graphics?!

I played mcoc by Samsung S7 edge..at the beginning the graphics was not good..like ghost for example doesn't give "fog" while phasing
After 5 years of playing..SUDDENLY the graphics improved..and the game looks very awesome with the same mobile.
Recently i changed my mobile to Samsung M51..which is better in GPU of course..but the game graphic is still same as old..

How to improve the graphics again ?!

Comments

• Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    You can't. It looks like they have to add-in or enable devices to get the good graphics and if they don't, for some reason Android devices by default get the lowest uncommon potato graphics that suck. This happens every year. I don't know why they haven't figured it out.
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    The problem with androids is that there are too many versions and too many manufacture brands. With Android being an open source software-code anyone can take the code and slap it on some random phone and call it a flagship with somewhat better device specification, but doesn’t mean it’s better for mcoc.

iOS softward-code is a closed code so no one, except Apple, can take the code and slap it on a flagship phone.

The difference is really huge so it’s more about limitation what each android devices can do, but kabam are more affected by this with android being big and all can’t do the “ghost-phase-fog” you mentioned for each Android devices.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Daddrieda said:

The problem with androids is that there are too many versions and too many manufacture brands. With Android being an open source software-code anyone can take the code and slap it on some random phone and call it a flagship with somewhat better device specification, but doesn’t mean it’s better for mcoc.

iOS softward-code is a closed code so no one, except Apple, can take the code and slap it on a flagship phone.

The difference is really huge so it’s more about limitation what each android devices can do, but kabam are more affected by this with android being big and all can’t do the “ghost-phase-fog” you mentioned for each Android devices.

Android versions are not very important the way they are for iOS. The important part is Google Play Services and that gets seamlessly updated frequently and immediately on nearly every device. The numbered Android updates are in significant part just feature catch-up with manufacturers versions and adding in design language that manufacturers immediately ignore and background stuff that users don't even notice.
    The "There's too many different devices on different OS versions!!" thing hasn't been the actual case for a long, long time. There's only a handful of chipsets that manufacturers use and they're all based on the same architecture and have only been evolutions for years, Android and iOS both. The differences are pretty much invisible as far as this game goes. Problems with MCOC are more with MCOC than a particular device. Back when games were hand-tuned, it was a huge deal when any different aspect ratios and resolutions hit, and a slightly different device (yes, even iPhones) was a huge problem, iOS or Android. Now games are using Unity or Unreal or some other tool and it doesn't matter much if they introduce a slightly bigger or smaller iPhone or Galaxy phone.

As far as the effects go, you would be hard pressed to find a relatively modern phone that wasn't capable of them. They aren't anything super punishing. Now, if someone is using some super-old junk from several years ago that sucked when it was new and with an outdated OS, they should expect their experience to be less than stellar and the game shouldn't cater to them.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    It’s really difficult to narrow where the issue is. My friend have ROG phone 5 and it has lag despite the phone being a gaming phone.
  • Options
    Daddrieda said:

It’s really difficult to narrow where the issue is. My friend have ROG phone 5 and it has lag despite the phone being a gaming phone.

And plays perfectly phone on mobile call of duty.
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

It all comes down to optimization. I have played PUBGM and CODM on my phone. Both the games run pretty good and they both have setting to change graphic quality.
    But MCOC is not properly optimised for android phones, this is why they have to remove rain and Ghost phase effect from android version.
  • Options
    Djin said:

Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

It all comes down to optimization. I have played PUBGM and CODM on my phone. Both the games run pretty good and they both have setting to change graphic quality.
    But MCOC is not properly optimised for android phones, this is why they have to remove rain and Ghost phase effect from android version.
    That's not why they're missing. They don't have to remove them, they had them working just fine at 120fps on less capable hardware. Failing to enable them is totally different than removing them.
  • Options

Djin said:

Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

That's not why they're missing. They don't have to remove them, they had them working just fine at 120fps on less capable hardware. Failing to enable them is totally different than removing them.
    What’s your theory why this is happening?
  • Options
    Daddrieda said:

Djin said:

Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

What’s your theory why this is happening?
    My guess is that they're going with the default lowest uncommon potato settings for Android for some reason and adding in exceptions manually. Probably the very few people constantly asking for even lower graphics settings for their older underpowered phones doesn't help the cause.
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    I really wish there was at least an option for not only "lower" graphics, but also for the "higher" graphics like the iOS version.

That way, I could actually... choose the experience I want to have

Whether the game will run correctly is a different issue.