Kitty Pryde - Wolverine Synergy: only for 6*

2»

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Member Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★

Add that to Apoc and make him a Horseman, and you don't think that's too OP for a newer Player? We don't have enough people content rushing as it is?

Except that a new player would have to get both Wolverine and Apoc first, win fights with Apoc first or getting lucky again and pull Cable or Mister Sinster and bring them along. All that for a random act 3 or act 2 or normal difficulty side quest which any champion can complete fairly quickly. Also, Apoc's synergy with Wolverine is available with the 5 star iirc and the new-ish players whose skills might be damage by this don't have easy access to 5* in the first place and if they do, they got incredibly and it's pointless to design things around incredibly lucky scenarios.
    The Horseman pre-fight is available for 4*s. Not that illogical.
    And? It's benefit would be too provide addition ability accuracy for more regen which he already has. Utilising the synergy would require the "newer" player to change their playstyle and utilise parry heavy more often which is literally better than steamrolling through quests by hitting the opponent with lights and mediums or getting hit and dying and reviving through it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021

The_Sentry06">

Add that to Apoc and make him a Horseman, and you don't think that's too OP for a newer Player? We don't have enough people content rushing as it is?

Except that a new player would have to get both Wolverine and Apoc first, win fights with Apoc first or getting lucky again and pull Cable or Mister Sinster and bring them along. All that for a random act 3 or act 2 or normal difficulty side quest which any champion can complete fairly quickly. Also, Apoc's synergy with Wolverine is available with the 5 star iirc and the new-ish players whose skills might be damage by this don't have easy access to 5* in the first place and if they do, they got incredibly and it's pointless to design things around incredibly lucky scenarios.
    And? It's benefit would be too provide addition ability accuracy for more regen which he already has. Utilising the synergy would require the "newer" player to change their playstyle and utilise parry heavy more often which is literally better than steamrolling through quests by hitting the opponent with lights and mediums or getting hit and dying and reviving through it.
    Add that to the Kitty Synergy.

The_Sentry06">

Add that to the Kitty Synergy.

Yea I referred to the Kitty synergy when I was talking about utilising parry heavy and changing the playstyle. Where do you think that came from?
    People have many arguments for minimizing the effect of something, but the intended experience of a Player starting out is an entirely different subject altogether.

People have many arguments for minimizing the effect of something, but the intended experience of a Player starting out is an entirely different subject altogether.

And I have just prooved that it's doesn't affect the intended experience of a new Player much?
    edited September 2021

And I have just prooved that it's doesn't affect the intended experience of a new Player much?
    And that doesn't answer the question of why Kabam put the synergy with the 5* either.
    No, you proved that you can justify its use from your own perspective. As someone who is not a newer Player.

No, you proved that you can justify its use from your own perspective. As someone who is not a newer Player.

And your entire arguement is based around your own perspective who isn't a new player. "I'm not a judge so I can't tell whether a murderer is bad or not. " This is your logic apparently.

And that aside, why wouldn't Kabam release it to the 5*? A newer player who is starting out won't have easy access to a 5* anyways let alone specifically 5* Kitty Pryde and then why would they use their lower star Wolverine anyways.
    They wouldn't have easy access to a 5*? You're not helping your case. The game isn't the same as when we started and it took a year to get one.

And your entire arguement is based around your own perspective who isn't a new player. "I'm not a judge so I can't tell whether a murderer is bad or not. " This is your logic apparently.

And that aside, why wouldn't Kabam release it to the 5*? A newer player who is starting out won't have easy access to a 5* anyways let alone specifically 5* Kitty Pryde and then why would they use their lower star Wolverine anyways.
    They wouldn't have easy access to a 5*? You're not helping your case. The game isn't the same as when we started and it took a year to get one.
    Players in act 3 do not have easy access to 5*. If you think those players are raking in 5* weekly, you are very much wrong.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Member Posts: 11,598 ★★★★★

Is it really that OP of a synergy though? 10% Furies are pretty weak for Wolvie, and with Kitty you still wouldn't want to risk phasing and losing prowess in most matchups.

It’s not all that, but it’s worrying that in the future they could make the massive synergies 6* exclusive, hope they don’t carry on doing it

Players in act 3 do not have easy access to 5*. If you think those players are raking in 5* weekly, you are very much wrong.
    People are accessing 5*s a lot faster than they used to. I'm not sure you're aware of how much the game has advanced.

People are accessing 5*s a lot faster than they used to. I'm not sure you're aware of how much the game has advanced.
    I am very much aware how fast the game is advancing. But it isn't as advanced as you are making out to be. A player who has 3-4 5* isn't exactly a new player.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Member Posts: 793 ★★★

Not really, There is a lot of content to try to 100%. I can't imagine that synergy making 100% act 6 much easier. its a 10% fury buff on Wolverine on top of the whole game. really? Plus you have to get all 3 champs with at 5* would not be easy unless you are spending cash and if you spending hundreds on a mobile game you should get something for you money worth while.

I am very much aware how fast the game is advancing. But it isn't as advanced as you are making out to be. A player who has 3-4 5* isn't exactly a new player.
    I've seen 40k Accounts with that. That's new.
    edited September 2021

That's not "new". A 40K player isn't any veteran of the game but most people by then would have a decent handle on the basics of the game and the synergy won't damage them.

That's not "new". A 40K player isn't any veteran of the game but most people by then would have a decent handle on the basics of the game and the synergy won't damage them.
    That's new. Just because some people start Alts and content rush doesn't mean the Accounts are advanced.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Member Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    As said, this is them testing the waters. The game isn't ready for meta-significant synergies as 6* exclusives/cav-sellers, but little extras like this are fine.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Member Posts: 793 ★★★

Buttehrs said:

6 star only synergies, really kabam?, As if the bugs and the incredulous offers are not enough, now u want to start this new trend of bringing out champs that have nearly no counters with exclusive 6 star synergy that nearly nobody will have for a very long long time, why do u like sabotaging your own game.

Why is this any different from when 5* started having 5* exclusive synergies?
    5*s are way easier to get than 6*s...that alone is a big enough difference.
    That's the point though. The Synergy is pretty significant, and Wolverine still has the most reliable Regen in the game. Releasing it to Players who haven't advanced their Accounts enough could be damaging.
    No it won’t. The regen is far better than the fury buffs, and in no way would be damaging to a less advanced account
    When you combine the Regen WITH the Fury, yes. There isn't any skill involved in playing with him. It's straight proc.
    But you don't get both. Your trading the regen for a fury. So its one of the other. Must work for Kabam when I hear this stuff.. lol How would it possibly damage even if it was a little OP? Its just a game..so a few paths get a little easier.. In a whole the game is still hard AF and so many paths. it may just save some pots. Its not like someone is just always only going to use these 2 champs together..
    Not to mention the trouble getting wolverine as a five star, then sig 200, then six star kitty pride, then 5/6 Star Apocalypse. Seems like quite a lot of trouble for a measly 10% fury boost.
    All this and then there is Kitty Pryde herself. lol Just way more OP stand alone..
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,935 ★★★★★
    i think what’s even more ironic is that you still have to bring a five star on the team for the synergy