**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Pro-player Move: More L1 Revives

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
edited September 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Simple suggestion: make the questing L1 revive more available until the game engine problems are resolved.

Some options:
1) Add to existing solo event milestones
2) Double the amount awarded in the third milestone for 22-hour solo events
3) Sell them for 20 units in the Store
4) Put them in alliance events
5) Run Halls of Healing again

Sure, you can always get one from solo events. Sure, there are some quests where you can farm them fairly reliably (if you have a quest that yields them often, please don’t mention it). Sure, some top players have them falling out of their pockets.

But the game mechanics issues persist. And the amount of revives provided recently doesn’t begin to make up for what has been spent over two months for most players (not just on SoP).

This isn’t a plea for “free stuff” per se—all of these options would require players to “earn” revives somehow.

Time to think outside the box if the parry-dex issues are just part of the game for the immediate future. I get them less frequently than I did before. But after running a Variant path this morning to show a friend struggling with the bugs how straightforward it was, the issues are definitely still alive and well in certain content.

No need to send an email with free stuff, although that’s always appreciated. Just increase the availability of L1s as a stopgap.

Dr. Zola
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    Saw the title of this post and I thought it was going to be a stupid request for free stuff for doing nothing.

I was pleasantly surprised with some logical suggestions that actually incentivize players to be more involved in the game rather than "compensate me so I can do less".
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Corkscrew said:

Saw the title of this post and I thought it was going to be a stupid request for free stuff for doing nothing.

I was pleasantly surprised with some logical suggestions that actually incentivize players to be more involved in the game rather than "compensate me so I can do less".

Of course.

I actually believe the flow of free stuff without linking it to specific Xs or Ys going on in game has a corrosive effect over time.

For the first few times, a generic basket of goodies is acceptable. Eventually, though, if the restitution fails to map to the actual issues players experience, you’ve created a set of incentives that are bad for the game.

Making people earn them or play to get them—even if it becomes a little easier—is less destabilizing in my opinion.

Not the first time I’ve suggested something like this—it tends to get filed away in the forums nether regions though and doesn’t see the light of day.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Good suggestions @DrZola 👍🏻
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    Mods should take a look at this
  • Options
    edited September 2021

Mods should take a look at this

That would be nice. I’ve noticed terrible frame rate issues and the same old parry timing bugs playing this morning, getting clipped dexing at the farthest edge of my hit box.

Honestly, the fix may be hard, but relating to the community that wants the game to work properly shouldn’t be. Just throw those of us sticking with it a lifeline instead of putting your heads in the sand.

Dr. Zola