**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

Who is the best cosmic

2»

Comments

• Options
    RahultripathiRahultripathi Posts: 233 ★★
    Groot
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Hyperion
    Not this again...
  • Options
    MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
    Proxima
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

If you dont own a hercules you dont get a vote on the matter.

Talk about promoting conversation and debate lol
    Genuinely don't know who he expects to vote if that's the case.
    Herc hasn't even had his 5/6* featured crystal come yet, and his arena cutoff was ridiculous.
    I guess people who got lucky on Cavs, but even that's such a small percentage...
    The irony is, I’m actually starting to come round to the idea that Herc is better than CGR, I need to consider it more and think about the utility Herc has and how it fits in the game. But since I don’t have him yet, I guess I don’t get a vote on the matter.

Unless what he means is, if we don’t agree with him then we don’t get a vote..
    CGR isn't even close to Herc really. CGR is good but he's a lot more limited than some people want to admit. Herc has comparable damage without the limitations and his sig is the most broken ability they've put into this game since Corvus's sig and and Ghost's phasing
    I’ve used CGR all over and I’d actually say he’s a lot more versatile than some want to admit. The only things I’ve found really lock out his damage is armour break immunity/debuff immunity. Yes, nullify too, but since buffs are the defining trait of Cosmic champs that’s frankly not relevant. So many cosmic champs get shut down by nullify, you’re just gonna take a different class. It’s like taking science champs against debuff immune and wondering why they’re not working, or mystic champs against power control/nullify immune. Outside of mystic champs, there are only a few easily avoidable nodes that strip buffs.

He is limited in some places yes, but nowadays with all the options we have, that’s not the end all be all of a champ anymore.

Archangel is limited by bleed/poison immune, doesn’t stop him being insanely good. Mags is limited by non-metal champs. These two insanely broken champions have situations that limit them, yes, and there are more bleed immune champs/nodes than armour break immune/debuff immune champs/nodes. But it doesn’t stop them being good.

To be clear, the point of what I’ve said above isn’t that CGR *is* definitely the best cosmic, just that having weaknesses isn’t the reason he wouldn’t be, does that make sense?

I do agree with your overall point though, I think Herc’s sig is looking like the thing that sets him apart. I always wanna wait for the initial hype of a new champ to die down, since Stryfe was set as the new Aegon until he settled down a bit, but as long as the hype doesn’t settle down and I continue seeing awesome stuff with Herc, I do think I’m on my way to changing my mind.
    The inability to do full combos or glancing shuts him down as well. He's got quite a few limitations.

I have CGR at R3 and Herc at R4 as 6*s. I honestly hardly ever feel the desire to use CGR for anything outside potion farming which Herc is also faster for.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,820 ★★★★★
    Hercules

Herc hasn't even had his 5/6* featured crystal come yet, and his arena cutoff was ridiculous.
    I guess people who got lucky on Cavs, but even that's such a small percentage...
    The irony is, I’m actually starting to come round to the idea that Herc is better than CGR, I need to consider it more and think about the utility Herc has and how it fits in the game. But since I don’t have him yet, I guess I don’t get a vote on the matter.

CGR isn't even close to Herc really. CGR is good but he's a lot more limited than some people want to admit. Herc has comparable damage without the limitations and his sig is the most broken ability they've put into this game since Corvus's sig and and Ghost's phasing
    I’ve used CGR all over and I’d actually say he’s a lot more versatile than some want to admit. The only things I’ve found really lock out his damage is armour break immunity/debuff immunity. Yes, nullify too, but since buffs are the defining trait of Cosmic champs that’s frankly not relevant. So many cosmic champs get shut down by nullify, you’re just gonna take a different class. It’s like taking science champs against debuff immune and wondering why they’re not working, or mystic champs against power control/nullify immune. Outside of mystic champs, there are only a few easily avoidable nodes that strip buffs.

He is limited in some places yes, but nowadays with all the options we have, that’s not the end all be all of a champ anymore.

Archangel is limited by bleed/poison immune, doesn’t stop him being insanely good. Mags is limited by non-metal champs. These two insanely broken champions have situations that limit them, yes, and there are more bleed immune champs/nodes than armour break immune/debuff immune champs/nodes. But it doesn’t stop them being good.

To be clear, the point of what I’ve said above isn’t that CGR *is* definitely the best cosmic, just that having weaknesses isn’t the reason he wouldn’t be, does that make sense?

I do agree with your overall point though, I think Herc’s sig is looking like the thing that sets him apart. I always wanna wait for the initial hype of a new champ to die down, since Stryfe was set as the new Aegon until he settled down a bit, but as long as the hype doesn’t settle down and I continue seeing awesome stuff with Herc, I do think I’m on my way to changing my mind.
    The inability to do full combos or glancing shuts him down as well. He's got quite a few limitations.

I have CGR at R3 and Herc at R4 as 6*s. I honestly hardly ever feel the desire to use CGR for anything outside potion farming which Herc is also faster for.
    Yes, this. He can be difficult to use against Champs that evade or have nodes that make them evade (Mix Master, Mesmerize).
    I do love CGR, but he's not that versatile.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,750 ★★★★★
    Venom
    I just can't vote for anyone else. I like him. His regen is unmatched (imo), so outta respect to all those thousands of units worth of pots, that I saved because of his regen, I have no other option than to vote for this symboi.

Also I love all the symbiotic stuff and Venom in the comics, so this choice is even clearer
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

Yes, this. He can be difficult to use against Champs that evade or have nodes that make them evade (Mix Master, Mesmerize).
    Again, I never get this argument. A champion who is not an evade counter isn’t good against evade, it’s not exactly a revelation.

Doom isn’t good against evade either.
  • Options
    Hercules

Rookiie said:

Again, I never get this argument. A champion who is not an evade counter isn’t good against evade, it’s not exactly a revelation.

He's better than CGR at it though. Parry, Medium, Passive Stun, Heavy, repeat.
    But to the main point, he's not as versatile as you'd think. Doom is much, much more versatile. And Herc is a cheat code.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

But to the main point, he's not as versatile as you'd think. Doom is much, much more versatile. And Herc is a cheat code.
    But my point is when are you realistically taking doom into evade matchups? When considering how good a champ is who isn’t meant for evade at all, you don’t think, ooh I wonder how they are for evade. We have evade counters for that.

People say he’s not versatile and then bring up glancing, which is easy to avoid, it’s on like 3 champs and a couple nodes. They bring up evade, on a non-evade counter champ. That’s like saying archangel is bad against bleed immune, yah, we know. Ooh Magik is a great champ, she’s terrible for evade though, clearly she’s not versatile.

And they bring up debuff immune/armour break immune, which, while one of his biggest problems, he can still avoid it pretty easily. How often do you really come across any of these situations?

These examples of him not being versatile will come up in a tiny proportion of fights, go on your average act 6 path and how many of them actually shut him down, it’s not many.

I’ve just checked in 6.4, one of the hardest pieces of content to be released, these are the paths he just couldn’t do

6.4.1 Do you bleed
    6.4.2 none
    6.4.3 poison path
    6.4.4 energy adoption lightening
    6.4.5 prey on the weak, that’s gotta sting, mix master
    6.4.6 mesmerise

Out of 36 paths in a chapter of act 6, he can do 29. A few probably would give him a couple issues like masochism, but he can overpower that. I’m not sure how you judge versatility, but if that’s not versatile I’m not sure what is.
  • Options
    NickChiNickChi Posts: 111
    Hercules
    Malreck04 said:

NickChi said:

Stebo_79 said:

Corvus Hype Rider

Lol what is that Corvus+Hyperion+CGR
    And what about your username, huh?

I’m sure NickChi is just a Nick Glaive+Corvus Chi
  • Options
    Hercules

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

But my point is when are you realistically taking doom into evade matchups? When considering how good a champ is who isn’t meant for evade at all, you don’t think, ooh I wonder how they are for evade. We have evade counters for that.

People say he’s not versatile and then bring up glancing, which is easy to avoid, it’s on like 3 champs and a couple nodes. They bring up evade, on a non-evade counter champ. That’s like saying archangel is bad against bleed immune, yah, we know. Ooh Magik is a great champ, she’s terrible for evade though, clearly she’s not versatile.

And they bring up debuff immune/armour break immune, which, while one of his biggest problems, he can still avoid it pretty easily. How often do you really come across any of these situations?

These examples of him not being versatile will come up in a tiny proportion of fights, go on your average act 6 path and how many of them actually shut him down, it’s not many.

I’ve just checked in 6.4, one of the hardest pieces of content to be released, these are the paths he just couldn’t do

6.4.1 Do you bleed
    6.4.2 none
    6.4.3 poison path
    6.4.6 mesmerise

Out of 36 paths in a chapter of act 6, he can do 29. A few probably would give him a couple issues like masochism, but he can overpower that. I’m not sure how you judge versatility, but if that’s not versatile I’m not sure what is.
    I'm not saying he's not versatile. Just not the most versatile champ. He's just not at the same level as Hercules and Doctor Doom, and those are facts.
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

6.4.1 Do you bleed
    6.4.2 none
    6.4.3 poison path
    6.4.6 mesmerise

I'm not saying he's not versatile. Just not the most versatile champ. He's just not at the same level as Hercules and Doctor Doom, and those are facts.
    No I agree he’s not as versatile as Herc and Doom, but the way people (and you, to be fair) are talking about him - “he’s not that versatile”, “not the most versatile”,
    “Got quite a few limitations” - implies that his mechanics have a ton of problems in end game content. And that’s simply not true.

There aren’t many situations where you can’t compete a 5 hit combo, evade really doesn’t count (you’re just not gonna use him there), glancing and immunity to debuffs/armour break is really not common. I’m struggling to see his limitations, if anything, less utility than Herc is what’s stopping him being the best cosmic, not limitations. Herc has mad utility

• Options
    Progamer107Progamer107 Posts: 47
    Hercules

NickChi said:

Stebo_79 said:

Corvus Hype Rider

Lol what is that Corvus+Hyperion+CGR
    Are you a detective?! How did you manage to work that one out ;)
    Ah we meet again, on the same damn thread.
    Hype is a 6 star now so thats new
    I know
  • Options
    Progamer107Progamer107 Posts: 47
    Hercules
    Everybody knows that hyp 6 star is out