**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kitty Pryde- What she Counters

DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
edited September 2021 in Strategy and Tips

Kitty Pryde seems to be able to handle a good amount of content in game with her kit. Here, I made a list of interactions I believe she might be able to counter, and what she can't counter. This is my theory crafting for Kitty Pryde.

Interactions Kitty may be able to counter

Unstoppable- Kitty can't get punished on her dash in, so she would pretty much ignore unstoppable. Includes any unstoppable node. The only problem would be with getting cornered, which could probably be played around. She would crush brawl nodes.

Unblockable attacks- She doesn't need to block, and any unblockable attacks will be phased. Similar to ghost

Champs who can counter miss- Such as grandmaster, she will be able to tank normal hits making for a super safe fight. Gwenmaster as well.

Nodes which counter miss- True Focus. Oh well, I mean she actually benefits from this.

Degen nodes (Including passive nodes) - This may be a bit tricky since even one tick of degen usually takes out a lot of health, but she can probably survive a decent amount of degen nodes regardless. (Degen nodes that do not deal TOO much damage in 1 tick she would counter)
Such as:
Close encounters
Bane Icarus
Life transfer (Not too important)
No retreat

Any DOT node (Too many to list)- She's invincible when phased, and her phase uptime is almost always up. She should be able to counter any DOT node in theory like ghost can (except kitty pyde can phase passive damage as well).

All or nothing- Tank sp3. May be a bit risky as her sp3 pashing isn't as instant as ghost's is. But I think in the furture, someone will come up with a way for this interaction to work in a safe way most of the time.

Aspect of death- Can't take damage when phasing specials

Backblast- Phase backblast damage

Thorns- Phase thorns damage

Evade node (specific) - If opponent can hit her, she will fully counter Evade nodes and abilities.

Any stun node- She can phase stun, which means stun nodes and abilities are countered by her.

Crit me with your best shot- She mostly crits when she does her damage

Gassed- She doesn't take damage when she's dealing damage

Micro reflect- Kitty doesn't take damage when she's dealing damage

Any power gain node- Phasing sp3. This may be a bit risky with like 200% power gain, since her sp3 tanking could have a bad timing. This might be able to be played around as people get better with her.

Stung once, once shy- Kitty Pryde ignores any type of damage back when throwing special attacks

Do not go gentle- If opponent dies when Kitty Pryde is hitting them, she will take no damge. She will be able to counter this node similar to how ghost can.

Diss track- She can do diss track as her base kit has access to 3 or more debuffs with playable duration.

Interactions Kitty may not be able to counter/ unsure of interaction

Regen nodes- Kitty doesn't have a direct way to deal with regen. Her sp1 with despair may help with regen? But she doesn't fully counter regen like Void and Cap iw. She does have high VERY high *burst* damge though, so she may be able to damage though high regen nodes. Similar to how Guardian can deal with the 6.2.6 Champion boss.

Evade nodes- I'm not sure how she interacts with Evade nodes. She may be able to dash back before being fully combo'd after being evaded, but I'm not sure. I'm leaving this here as not being able to be countered/ unsure of interaction.

Miss- no way to counter miss

Auto block- no way to counter auto block, although she won't be stunned when phased. So she kind of counters autoblock which stuns.

Incinerate immune- Her damage is lowered. Although she will still be able to do incinerate immune fights.

Buffed up- she doesn't have access to 3 buffs on her own. Although synergies can help.

Incinerate immune+diss track- Only way she deals with diss track is her incinerates- so she would not be able to do these fights.

*Direct* damage dealt on *dashback*- Nodes such as no retreat can be dealt with if played correctly, but a node such as slashed tires she would not counter at all.

Dulled- Her hits aren't guaranteed to be critical.

Aspect of death+ True focus- Not sure how this node interacts if she gets hit with a special while phased.

Conculsion

Overall, Kitty seems to be able to counter quite a lot of endgame nodes in theory. If there's more interactions I missed, please share :D. As more people obtain her and as she's tested more and more, I think there's going to be interactions she counters that nobody could have even predicted.
I can't wait to see what harsh node combinations Kitty Pryde will be able to crush in the future!

Comments

• DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    Edit: With Tigra synergy, Kitty Pryde should be able to counter autoblock after she's built up a certain amount of prowess.