**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Samsung z fold 3 issues

new flagship phone with flagship components but plays this game like it's on a old brick phone, lag, Severe frame rate drops, aspect ratio is wrong as you loose way too much field of vision. I'm aware it's a new phone and optimisations need to occur but the game is barely playable on this device as it stands. Please look at what can be done to make the game run smoother on this device. Thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    Another Samsung phone that is hard to optimize the game for. Simply too many android/Samsung versions out there. iOS is best for this game as it’s one closed source code and easier for kabam to optimize.
  • Options
    alegka312alegka312 Posts: 67
    Daddrieda said:

Another Samsung phone that is hard to optimize the game for. Simply too many android/Samsung versions out there. iOS is best for this game as it’s one closed source code and easier for kabam to optimize.

As iOS user, I’m having lags and frame drops, also crashes and 10 more issues. Are you sure about iOS?
    Using iPhone XR
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    alegka312 said:

Daddrieda said:

As iOS user, I’m having lags and frame drops, also crashes and 10 more issues. Are you sure about iOS?
    Using iPhone XR
    Using same as you. If this is optimal then I’d hate to see suboptimal
  • Options
    alegka312 said:

Daddrieda said:

Using iPhone XR
    I apologize. The game may not run that great, but I was referring more to the source code itself is easier for kabam to “optimize” as IOS is one closed source code meaning that only Apple has access to it while Android/Samsung is an open source code meaning that anyone can copy the code, I think?, make some code changing and slap it on a flagship phone or slap it on a phone that the user has created. So IOS has the upper hand here when talking about mcoc and kabam optimization then yeah it’s easier for kabam for that reason alone.

Yes... I know that the game is in a bad state and it makes me angry for not being able to play the game in a professional way due to dropped FPS and so on.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

alegka312 said:

Daddrieda said:

Using iPhone XR
    I apologize. The game may not run that great, but I was referring more to the source code itself is easier for kabam to “optimize” as IOS is one closed source code meaning that only Apple has access to it while Android/Samsung is an open source code meaning that anyone can copy the code, I think?, make some code changing and slap it on a flagship phone or slap it on a phone that the user has created. So IOS has the upper hand here when talking about mcoc and kabam optimization then yeah it’s easier for kabam for that reason alone.

Yes... I know that the game is in a bad state and it makes me angry for not being able to play the game in a professional way due to dropped FPS and so on.
    That's not how Android works. It's closer to Samsung is producing a Food Network class wedding cake and AOSP (Android Open Source Project) is free bags of the flour and sugar they used. Technically you can get to the cake from flour and sugar, but there's a lot of steps and additives you need to figure out on your own to get a competitive DIY wedding cake. So, no, you can't just slap it on a phone and call it good.

It's for sure easier to use "too many versions" as an excuse to avoid really getting scalded dog performance out of perfectly capable Android hardware, so they go with the lowest default settings they can get away with. It's super annoying, but I get why they do it. iOS stirs the drink. If there is a problem with a game on iOS, it's "This gimpy game sucks", if there's a problem with the same game on Android, it's "Android sucks, get an iPhone". We see it in action here where people are recommending iPhones even though they're having many of the same issues and sometimes worse issues like crashing.

new flagship phone with flagship components but plays this game like it's on a old brick phone, lag, Severe frame rate drops, aspect ratio is wrong as you loose way too much field of vision. I'm aware it's a new phone and optimizations need to occur but the game is barely playable on this device as it stands. Please look at what can be done to make the game run smoother on this device. Thanks :)

You can change the aspect ratio of the game to 16:9, 4:3, or full screen.
    How to change the aspect ratio to something usable
  • Options
    Yeah and to think kabam keep saying that it’s on our end when it’s also on their end. Mostly theirs. It’s impossible to trust when they say that the issue is on our end if a user has an iPhone 12 and the spec on that phone alone is strong enough to handle mcoc and that makes me think that they are blaming on manufacturer. I rather point the finger on them since they made the game or something is definitely off.
  • Options
    Leediman39Leediman39 Posts: 64
    When I got the phone the first thing I tested was which aspect ratio was most suitable and 4.3 and full screen are unplayable as its zoomed in waaaay too close and loose far too much of the screen, with 16.9 it seems to be cut short on the right side strangely, the best experience so far is on the very narrow front screen that's not suitable for gameplay whatsoever. Whichever screen or ratio it's in the lag builds after one game and becomes unplayable but on my s21ultra all was good. All I'm saying is it would be great if someone could look into it