**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Soul Imprisonment bugged?

Mephisto's soul imprisonment seems like a really cool ability and sometimes it is. For instance, it stops Juggernaut from being unstoppable at the beginning of the fight. It can shut down Wolverine's regeneration, etc. But... then there are some things it doesn't seem to work against at all. Is this by design or is something wrong?

The three I have noticed that seem immune to it are:

1. Doctor VooDoo's regeneration at the start of a fight. At first I thought this was because it started before the fight began but then I used Mephisto against Juggernaut and it shuts him down just fine.
2. OG Vision's Synthesize. Annoying ability was hoping to take care of it.
3. Magik's Limbo. I was wondering if this is not counted as a buff?

and then early on I remember thinking that it sometimes appeared to work against Hyperion's power gain buff and sometimes did not, but since noticing these other failings I haven't had a chance to test it against him again. So what's going on?

Comments

• Options
    IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    One theory about Doctor Voodoo: with Brother Daniel active on VooDoo he has his ability accuracy increased by 100%. Perhaps Soul Imprisonment does not actually prevent buffs but reduces their chance of proc'ing by 100%? So.... 100% - 100% + 100% = 100%?
  • Options
    JozielPNJozielPN Posts: 95
    One theory about Doctor Voodoo: with Brother Daniel active on VooDoo he has his ability accuracy increased by 100%. Perhaps Soul Imprisonment does not actually prevent buffs but reduces their chance of proc'ing by 100%? So.... 100% - 100% + 100% = 100%?

Yep. I think that could be possible.
  • Options
    GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    OG Vision and Magik have passive buffs, so they wouldn't be impacted
  • Options
    IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    Grimmbear wrote: »

How do you know if a buff is passive or not?
  • Options
    ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    Pretty sure Voodoo healing is passive but it can be nullified. Just like old man his healing is passive. But one thing I noticed with Iceman is I have to do an L3 to trigger his ice armor cycle
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    As stated, it interferes with iceman’s ice armor. It stops the armor at the beginning of the fight as expected, but when the imprisonment effect has expired, the ice armor does t come back unless you can do an L3. Can someone look into this?
  • Options
    GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Grimmbear wrote: »

How do you know if a buff is passive or not?

Super late bit they have a different color behind their buff. Like an outline. Hard to describe cus they're different