Summ(one)r camp boost?

MojoHaterMojoHater Member Posts: 244 ★★
edited October 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
So basically last year we had a calendar where we could just log in daily and could miss like 7 days total and still end up getting all the rewards. Even if we missed 14 days all we would lose was 250*7 ie 1750 6* shards (IIRC). But this time, we gotta log in every 24 hours, play 10 fights and remember to collect the objective reward which does not even show up as a symbol over the solo objectives button 99% of the time. And the window of error is only 7 days. Miss even a day more and you don't get a 5* AG crystal. Miss a total of 15 days (like I did) and lose all 6,400 6* shards COMPLETELY. Like imagine having a life (say you had a long flight) and you could not play for a couple days... BOOM! Kabam takes off a reward! It's not like recent events have been great either... the September event was a bummer, October looks real good but not like it can compensate for a trash month, and about 4 months filled with bugs. We got screwed over by the close quarters challenge, and the only genuinely interesting and rewarding thing was the summer of pain.
If Kabam really wants to retain its player base, it has to give some serious compensation (AND PLEASE DON'T SMOTHER MY STASH WITH AW POTIONS GIVE ME SOMETHING ACTUALLY USEFUL LIKE 6* SHARDS).
And they keep saying not to do new content. Then what are we supposed to do? Stash holds like 15 revives at once. What are we even supposed to farm for like 4 months?!
I literally completed 6.4.6-7.2.6 in the middle of parry bug, and trust me, the revives are not enough compensation. We haven't just lost revives and potions, we've lost time farming for new ones (which cannot truly be compensated, but a thousand units can do a good job nearing the compensation).

And I am not being a crybaby here; many people want compensation but their ego does not allow them to acknowledge it, and they end up shitting on this post. Also, before you post a comment here, kindly remember to fight with a person's opinion, not the person themselves.

All I ask from you Kabam, is some shards/units mixed into compensation, AND at least a week more of summer camp glasses so we can at least make up for not abiding to the "strict schedule". Speaking of which, the irony is that there is such a rigid and inflexible repetitive schedule in a mobile video game, a place where you are supposed to cool off and relax, and most importantly enjoy; get some respite from the terrible times we are in.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• DiinastyDiinasty Member Posts: 55
    So I do have a life and I am able to log in every day. I am sorry if that does not meet your standard of “having a life” also if you had a really long flight, there wifi on flights and on certain flights it’s free, there’s free at the airport. And let’s say with all that you still could not collect it, that’s what the grace days are for. And it takes 5 minutes to log in and do the 10 fights, if you don’t have that, which you might genuinely not have, then I am sorry but you’re trying to have your cake and eat it too. You can’t have everything be specifically catered to you. Was the appreciation event unnecessarily complicated? Absolutely and hopefully next year they go back to it. But this is an over reaction.

As for the compensation, no it’s not my ego that’s keeping me from asking for it, so please keep your assumptions to yourself, especially since you expect other to “fight” with your opinions and not with you personally, which is fair. I would definitely like more compensation, at least on par with the August compensation, if not higher, I went from UC to Cav to TB from stating in July and finished mid September, so I understand the pain of clearing content and the dex fails and delayed control response alone messed me up enough during the GM fight that I used twice as many units as I should’ve needed to.

Also, I liked the close quarter challenge, it was fun, I do agree that the amount of champs that can do that content with ease is smaller than it should be but it wasn’t too hard to complete. But overall there are a lot of good options to do that challenge, just watch Bero Man vids on YouTube
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,834 ★★★★★
    Kabam wants you to buy extra boosts. Thankfully they threw one in for free.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Member Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    Wait what? You had a long flight so you couldn’t log in for a few days?! What flight on earth lasts multiple days…
  • DiinastyDiinasty Member Posts: 55
    No_oneuk said:

Wait what? You had a long flight so you couldn’t log in for a few days?! What flight on earth lasts multiple days…

The longest flight I have been on was 21 hours and even that had a stop in between so 🤷‍♂️
  • ButmanButman Member Posts: 140
    edited October 2021
    Thats ure fault mate if u cant give 2 minutes into logging in doing 10 auto fights how is anyone other than u responsible. They gave u the 1 gold boost and a 7 day boost which comes out every week what else do u want? Even if it would have been the calendar and u wouldn’t have logged in thats ure fault. And let me just add on u r a crybaby. U just wanna lash out at kabam just for adding a new thing in the game. When someone tries a new thing they do make alot of mistakes no one is prefect. Its called trial and error. They r trying to do there best in correcting the parry/dex bug and u guys r getting stuff so that u dont use ure units or money.
  • MojoHaterMojoHater Member Posts: 244 ★★
    No_oneuk said:

See I gave an EXAMPLE! Also when you are flying from one corner of the earth to another the first thing that crosses your mind is usually not playing a game with a rigid regimen
    Butman said:

Thats ure fault mate if u cant give 2 minutes into logging in doing 10 auto fights how is anyone other than u responsible. They gave u the 1 gold boost and a 7 day boost which comes out every week what else do u want? Even if it would have been the calendar and u wouldn’t have logged in thats ure fault. And let me just add on u r a crybaby. U just wanna lash out at kabam just for adding a new thing in the game. When someone tries a new thing they do make alot of mistakes no one is prefect. Its called trial and error. They r trying to do there best in correcting the parry/dex bug and u guys r getting stuff so that u dont use ure units or money.

the problem is that the objective icon does not show a lot of times... and i sometimes forget that i have to do it or assume i have done it. If it actually showed up there more than 1% of the time it would be better
    Alright lets assume your points are valid everyone.
    Even then, how does it make sense to give an event in 2020, and give another one over the same duration with the exact same rewards yet requiring a ton more strict adherence, considering that everyone's rosters developed a lot since the last event?
    We can at least expect some increase in the rewards? NOPE. Same old rewards as last year requiring much more work and yet losing their value due to inflation caused by player progression.
    MojoHater said:

Butman said:

the problem is that the objective icon does not show a lot of times... and i sometimes forget that i have to do it or assume i have done it. If it actually showed up there more than 1% of the time it would be better
    Thats ure thing dude most of us have completed the camp and resort people r aware that it does not pop up and show that icon
    MojoHater said:

Even then, how does it make sense to give an event in 2020, and give another one over the same duration with the exact same rewards yet requiring a ton more strict adherence, considering that everyone's rosters developed a lot since the last event?
    We can at least expect some increase in the rewards? NOPE. Same old rewards as last year requiring much more work and yet losing their value due to inflation caused by player progression.

These rewards r really good what can u expect more they wont give u a goddamn 6* crystal. If u aint cav or smth thats ure problem
    Butman said:

MojoHater said:

These rewards r really good what can u expect more they wont give u a goddamn 6* crystal. If u aint cav or smth thats ure problem
    excuse me i am AT 7.2.6.
    Least we can expect is they bump up the rewards from last year. Like they always do. Last year you wouldn't normally get a 25% t5cc selector from a side event but we're getting one in october.
  • DrDrillDrDrill Member Posts: 163 ★★★
    perhaps you missed the free 7 days free token, go to store and scroll down to the bottom and buy it for 1 gold only
    DrDrill said:

perhaps you missed the free 7 days free token, go to store and scroll down to the bottom and buy it for 1 gold only

bought it.. but you see i had a lot going on the last few months, and some juicy rewards in mcoc woulda lifted my spirits, but NOPE
    MojoHater said:

Butman said:

MojoHater said:

excuse me i am AT 7.2.6.
    Least we can expect is they bump up the rewards from last year. Like they always do. Last year you wouldn't normally get a 25% t5cc selector from a side event but we're getting one in october.
    You know right that u r the only guy talking bout better rewards where as other guys have issues with the resort pass now. Move on they aint giving better rewards cause just one guy wants it. Even if there is a poll held obviously everyone will say for better rewards but till now u r the only guy talking bout this.
  • JamOnWallJamOnWall Member Posts: 8
    I was wondering if they would give another 1 week booster like they did at the beginning because I missed 9 days I believe from COVID and moving states and am 2 days short from the 6400 6* shards and AG and it’s just a shame I won’t get those rewards
    JamOnWall said:

I was wondering if they would give another 1 week booster like they did at the beginning because I missed 9 days I believe from COVID and moving states and am 2 days short from the 6400 6* shards and AG and it’s just a shame I won’t get those rewards

I am literally hours short of the 6* shards