Options

Adding vulnerability to the game

At this point many champions have resistance or immunity against certain type of debuffs as their passive. But I think it would also be cool to add the opposite, a "vulnerability" amount to some champions that have a weakness against a certain debuff. For example, symbiotes could have a 100% increased potency when suffering from incinerate or nova flames as their vulnerability. You might also give Black Bolt an additional ability because of his voice where it deals extra damage to daredevil and symbiotes too because they're extra vulnerable against loud noise. I'm just giving out examples but the important part is the idea. Hope you like it!

Comments

• Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I like the idea but I don’t think it’d work too well for game balance.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    It would encourage too much niche countering stuff and also make counters too defined, it exists in a partial way, but too direct and it just results in a very defined this champ used for this champ kinda thing rather than a wide variety
  • Options
    RedoxRedox Posts: 23
    Lvernon15 said:

It would encourage too much niche countering stuff and also make counters too defined, it exists in a partial way, but too direct and it just results in a very defined this champ used for this champ kinda thing rather than a wide variety

I completely see your point but we've already seen that Kabam doesn't mind that too much. For example the #Metal tag was only added for Magneto and except for alternate reality versions of himself (like House of X), I doubt Kabam ever planned to make the tag have any influence outside of fights where Magneto is included.