**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

DRAX Cosmic Awakening Gem?

DingaloDingalo Posts: 355
edited October 2017 in Strategy and Tips
I just pulled him and I know Drax is a very solid damage dealer (if the opponent isn't bleed immune). BUT is he worth a 4* Cosmic Awakening Gem?

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    It all depends on what you're trying to do. I would suggest holding on to it, but if you are using him for the majority of your content, it could be helpful. I say wait, but I'm a firm believer that if you want to use it, then use it.
  • Options
    Yeah, I have Thor maxed out R5 sig99, and I use him mostly. I don't really see myself having Drax on my top questing team anytime soon (unless I'm going up against safeguard). So maybe I'll wait a bit.
    Thanks again @GroundedWisdom !
  • Options
    Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    I'd say yes, but there are better champions. As a starter it might be good and it might not be good. But if you're experienced or well into the game, it is maybe worth it if you're gonna take him all the way.
  • Options
    Yeah I'm level 57 and have SL, Hulk, Wolverine and Thor as my R5 champs. Maybe I'll just wait until I have the resources to take him all the way. Once I get there, maybe I'll consider it. Until then, I might hold onto it! I have Angela too, but I think I'll end up waiting and hopefully, Hyperion comes along.
    Thanks @Vision_41
  • Options
    Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Welcome! Just wanted to say Angela should be worth it!
  • Options
    Really @Vision_41? Honestly, I don't know her that well yet so I wouldn't know! What makes her so great?
  • Options
    Dingalo wrote: »
    Really @Vision_41? Honestly, I don't know her that well yet so I wouldn't know! What makes her so great?

Once her Buffs stack, she does some really decent Damage.
  • Options
    And her being awakened really makes a difference (enough to use a cosmic awakening gem) you guys think?
  • Options
    Jets44Jets44 Posts: 72
    No she does not need to be awakened. Her sig ability is not needed to make her a great champ.
  • Options
    True. She's kind of like Hyperion in a sense that she doesn't need to be Awakened. In both cases, it increases the duration of their Buffs. Hyperion it increases the duration. Angela's Sig reduces the chance of being Nullified, so it can potentially last longer. Still useful if you're going up against a Mystic.
  • Options
    Ok sounds good! Looks like I'm gonna hold onto my Cosmic Awakening Gem. Who would you guys consider to be a good candidate to awakening with a cosmic gem?