**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Perplexed about a recent fight in AW against Moleman

thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
edited October 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I've beaten Moleman on heavy aegis with ease in the past. I usually use Ghost b/c her heavy has 2 hits. The first parry is reliable b/c he does not begin with any monster mass. So initial parry + heavy = heavy aegis is gone and it's an easy fight after.

(I know that Apoc, wags pre fight, doing heavy after his sp1, etc. are all easier, but I'm just trying to understand what happened from a mechanical standpoint.)

For some reason tonight, when I did the initial parry, he recovered very fast (I heard the parry sound and it said "parry"). The weird thing is that I don't believe it said "purified" or anything like that and it looked like he was stunned. So I proceeded to heavy in case he had max limber. The heavy animation made contact but it did not affect him (I am pretty sure it did NOT say "unstoppable"). The next thing I know he comboes me and I'm dead.

My initial thought was that maybe he has max limber and max stand your ground and that it's interacting with his ability to resist block breaks. But this didn't make sense because I don't see how he would have been able to be blocking when I did my heavy (b/c my parry was successful). So I tested this against my own Moleman b/c I also have max limber and max stand your ground. Without fail, I was able to parry+heavy easily until he had too much monster mass (so at least 5 times in a row).

Any idea why he was able to react/recover so quickly in my AW fight? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by Kabam Valiant on

Comments

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    In my experience if moleman has suicides on he will purify the stun along with the suicides. This could leave him purifying the stun sooner and unexpectedly.
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★

In my experience if moleman has suicides on he will purify the stun along with the suicides. This could leave him purifying the stun sooner and unexpectedly.

Hm that is a good point! I don't know if he was running suicides. But even if he were, it would have been a maximum of 3 monster mass. He doesn't get the reduction until 5 monster mass.