**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What if… The Summoned Symbiote Didn’t Need Nodes For Prefights?

BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
https://c.tenor.com/173j3PxEIp8AAAAC/marvel-intro.gif

Time…space…reality.
It’s more than a linear path.
It’s a prism of endless possibility.
Where a single choice can branch out into infinite realities.
Creating alternate worlds from the ones you know.
I am The Watcher.
I am your guide through these vast new realities.
Follow me, and ponder the question…What If?

Sorry, I’m still amazed by this masterpiece of a series.

In your universe, the hero known as the Summoned Symbiote became a trophy champion after the end of October. A mighty warrior, turned a mere memory.

But in *This* universe, he was later released in all rarities, available at his full potential.

He quickly became a favorite and top character used by many summoners for his great damage and utility. Such as:

Evade counter
Potent poison (also works for regen reduction)
Nullification
Bleed
True damage
Strong armor break
Armor up
Easy damage (3 easy furies through double medium)
Chance for nullify and stagger to fail
And being a superior class champion

Alright, I’ll drop the act for now. If they made him start the quest with 3 charges and gave another per fight won, I think he could be a really outstanding champion. This most likely won’t happen, but I think it’d be cool if SumSym could still be a useable champ after the month ends.

Anyway leave your thought ig. Feel free to do it in a ‘What If?’ If you want to aswell lol

Comments

• Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    I wish this could happen. He’s so close to being an insanely versatile champ, and I love his animations/design
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

I wish this could happen. He’s so close to being an insanely versatile champ, and I love his animations/design

Me too. His animations flow so extremely well and fit the character well
  • Options
    Invicta_HellionInvicta_Hellion Posts: 220 ★★
    BuffBeast said:

Crcrcrc said:

They are basically sabertooth's animations
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    Isn‘t 1* R5 Symbio as strong as a 5* R5 (like 15k)?
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    I mean, theoretically, he doesn't have a sig ability. If Kabam were to ever decide to release him as a proper champ somewhere down the line, they could just put everything he needs into his sig ability. If so, he'd still be more or less useless until you actually pull a dupe from a crystal.

You'd run into some practical problems (like him being a 1* and therefore being "unpullable") but screw practical problems right now and let's just have fun. :smiley:
  • Options

BuffBeast said:

Crcrcrc said:

They are basically sabertooth's animations
    he has first medium of sabretooth and other attacks of carnage
    Heavy of killmonger

• Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    It could still be done, especially if we want it bad enough. It's not like he'd be OP, just useful outside of having 5r5 stats.

Well, somewhat useful. Entry restrictions definitely hurt him, but that's easily addressed. Or just accepted, as he'd be useful in some places.

Just wish I didn't have to wait so long to use him at his full potential for a very limited time. Doesn't really make sense.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    To be honest, I did the Knull SQ and didn‘t really notice much benefit from his Charge stuff. He will be dope as he is (and will stay afterwards).
  • Options

It could still be done, especially if we want it bad enough. It's not like he'd be OP, just useful outside of having 5r5 stats.

Well, somewhat useful. Entry restrictions definitely hurt him, but that's easily addressed. Or just accepted, as he'd be useful in some places.

Just wish I didn't have to wait so long to use him at his full potential for a very limited time. Doesn't really make sense.

Agreed, the symbiote feels pretty awkward in the way you can only use him in a select few places. Hope they change their mind on how he works after October if he does end up being a trophy
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    WOLF_LINK said:

To be honest, I did the Knull SQ and didn‘t really notice much benefit from his Charge stuff. He will be dope as he is (and will stay afterwards).

His charges are very hit or miss at first, But once he’s fully ramped you notice the difference. I suggest you take him on the second path of SQ to see what he can do.