**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act 6 - The Champion + “Prove Yourself” Node

DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
edited November 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Prove yourself - the defender is indestructible as long as the attacker’s combo meter is below 15.

Well we all know what kit The Champion on act6 has so I wonder how do i defeat this on his 25% HP? I have Doom with mystic charge 4/5, but I kept getting whacked by that first medium hit, The Champion’s intercept level is just on super Saipan ultra level so no idea how I can use Doom’s sp1 to nullify his persistent charge as fast as possible.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Try to bait a heavy heavy counter it in order to place that stagger, spam sp1 as well ofc, and get your MD to as high as possible as u can.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★

Try to bait a heavy heavy counter it in order to place that stagger, spam sp1 as well ofc, and get your MD to as high as possible as u can.

Doom’s shock debuff gets purified when placed on The Champion so cant do the heavy to inflict stagger. My mystic dispersion is level 4.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

Doom’s shock debuff gets purified when placed on The Champion so cant do the heavy to inflict stagger. My mystic dispersion is level 4.
    heavy counter has nothing to do with shock, I said bait a heavy by block baiting to make him use a heavy, then counter that heavy with your own heavy to place the stagger.
    edited October 2021
    According to Doom’s kit it cannot place a stagger without a shock debuff as the requirement to place a stagger is to have an active shock debuff and then convert the shock debuff into stagger with an heavy attack.

With that said since The Champion is in 40% - 10% threshold so the shock debuff to convert it into stagger is an problem because The Champion has 100% chance to shrug off all damage over time debuff and stun debuff.

Daddrieda said:

According to Doom’s kit it cannot place a stagger without a shock debuff as the requirement to place a stagger is to have an active shock debuff and then convert the shock debuff into stagger with an heavy attack.

With that said since The Champion is in 40% - 10% threshold so the shock debuff to convert it into stagger is an problem because The Champion has 100% chance to shrug off all damage over time debuff and stun debuff.

No shock needed hombre
    I see... but then there Prove Yourself node. I definitely won’t be able to achieve 15 combo hit meter without taking too much block damage.
    mgj0630 said:

For what it's worth, I hated the Prove Yourself node too.

I ended up using an awakened Squirrel Girl, cause it lets her start each fight with 40 on her combo meter, so you're doing damage right away.

Good luck!

That’s a good strategy. Definitely would make things easier.
    GarrettN said:

Stealth spider is uniquely suited for this. His combo is 7 hits instead of 5, he’s great at fluidly intercepting, and he can keep unstoppable out of the way with one minimal effort.

Maybe Tigra could handle it with Prove Yourself node seeing she has 7hit basic combo hit meter?
  • FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    You could even use Sym Supreme.