**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Language barrier in MCOC

CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
I wanted to blame the player on their lazyness for not doing the september objectives and demanding the october ones to be unlocked ..
Then i kept on reading the forums and it seemed it was a bit obvious a lot of the people complaining about not understanding how to get the symbiote were not exactly english speakers or spoke english as first language..
Then someone show me the screenshot .. and i gotta tell u.. the translation of this game at least in spanish.. is pretty had... As if it was a bunch of words looked up in the dictionary and put together trying to make sense...

Comments

• CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Translation is sometimes... Challenging?

I don't mean those quick response mails due to errors and such stuff.
    I get that speed is better than total correctness.

I think of node descriptions (new nodes in particular) that are in English despite I am set the German language. I can get together what's up with them. But Kabam saying they planning month ahead and don't think of proper translations?

Worse is ongoing errors. Like in aq pushing alliance mates (all or just one) to move forward.
    When I push player Steve it says "Steve hat dich angestupst" which translates to Steve pushed you despite the fact that I pushed him.
    It's minor but annoying and leaves sometimes the feeling that no one really cares.

But I play so long now, I got used to it I guess.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Trucos’ infographics usually get the point across pretty well with little wording and more screenshots, Kabam have been trying to improve event communication with the video that Kabam Boo does, but I don’t know how good the translations on that video are.
  • RanunculusRanunculus Posts: 73

One of the reasons why I switched to English. Hated the horrible translation errors.

My reason as well. I switched to English because of that horrible German version (still hating that translation of "Bleed" to German "Blutrausch" which means literally "bloodlust").
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    edited October 2021
    And the other direction is even more Bad.

Purgatory is a name for a Champ. But Kabam dosn't bother and translated her Name to "Fegefeuer" which is the literal translation.
    But no one would come to mind to translate punisher to "Bestrafer", Spiderman to "Spinnenman" or Hawkeye to "Falkenauge" why the **** Kabam?

Your Company Name in german? KAWUMM!
  • EinfachSoEinfachSo Posts: 269 ★★
    Cassy said:

And the other direction is even more Bad.

Purgatory is a name for a Champ. But Kabam dosn't bother and translated her Name to "Fegefeuer" which is the literal translation.
    But no one would come to mind to translate punisher to "Bestrafer", Spiderman to "Spinnenman" or Hawkeye to "Falkenauge" why the **** Kabam?

Your Company Name in german? KAWUMM!

Richtig Alman, sich darüber aufzuregen 😄😉
  • EinfachSoEinfachSo Posts: 269 ★★

I imagine Google translate doesn't work too well?

That sucks. DeepL is the real thing
  • TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
    There is still a mistake in a node description in German language. I've pointed it out several times via ticket and forum post but it still has not been fixed.