**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Yay, I got 5* venom the duck. But how to play him?

Progamer107Progamer107 Posts: 47
edited October 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I am level 30 and using him in my deck, but whenever I play him, I do not know how to play him.
Post edited by Kabam Pertinax on

Comments

• Options
    Lemon_Man44Lemon_Man44 Posts: 235 ★★★
    Ah yes, my old pal venom the duck. This lad carried me through all of act 5.

Special 1 is practically useless, it siphons the opponents health into aberration charges.

Special 2 is by far the best Special to use. Can inflict up to 2 toxic armour buffs which allows your attacks to deal bonus damage based on the oppoments armour. Since these are not debuffs they cannot be purified or affected by masochism.

Special 3 is the only Special that doesn't store a buff, however it activates all buffs in the rna bank.

Strategy: my strategy when doing act 5 was to accumulate 4 regen, 2 fury, 2 precision and 2 power rate. It all depends on your play style.

TLDR: Get buffs. Special 2 make opponent go pop
  • Options
    Can you choose your buffs?
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

Yes and no. The ones you get at 100 charges is randomised but you can choose whether or not to keep it in the bank.
  • Options
    Malreck04 said:

Yes and no. The ones you get at 100 charges is randomised but you can choose whether or not to keep it in the bank.
    How?
  • Options
    Archdemon_Archdemon_ Posts: 618 ★★

Malreck04 said:

How?
    If you want to store/keep it throw a heavy or special, if you dont want it then let the buff expire and hope the next one is one you want (rng based - although this can be improved with synergies) - he's fairly versatile... a god in incursions and can be built according to whatever content you're doing... he doesn't get enough love in my opinion!
  • Options
    Repto23Repto23 Posts: 741 ★★★
    I did a full write up a while back for someone so ill post here, hope it helps!

• Options
    ArcticWolf2ArcticWolf2 Posts: 21
    I usually store 3 regen ,3 furies and 3 powe gain for ez regen and sp attack cycle,takes a while to set up but once u do it's ez wins
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,311 ★★★★
    edited October 2021
    Venom the Duck store abberation buffs.. better if awaken even at sig20 is ok.. there is a timer that starts from 0 to 100, then a random buff will appear.. from: Regen, fury, power gain, precision, perfect block, armor up.. you can store 3 different buff per fight.. once you reach 10buffs maximum.. any buff that appears cannot be saved.. so chose wisely.. 3x regen/ 3x fury/ 1x precision/ 3x power gain is pretty good.. VTD attack can cause bleed or degen (bleed immune) champions.. in order to store buffs.. use heavy attack, or sp1 or sp2.. By using sp3, you activate all the buffs stored.. if you are lucky with buffs.. VTD can be very sustainable champion.. but since rng is involved.. sometimes only armor up or perfect block shows up more.. so you may need to wait for another buff to appear. Tip: parry to stun opponent before using VTD heavy (its slow). Sp2 is toxic armor, which means you give opponents a armor that allows you attack to do more damage.

Hope that answers most of your questions..