**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Diablo still great without suicides?

GarrettNGarrettN Posts: 1,092 ★★★★★
edited October 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Title
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Still does Amazing, being a Mystic that can Apply Buffs to the Opponent immediately takes him to another Level with Mystic Dispersion. Then take in the fact that Each Special Used gives Small but Stacking Regen as well Stacking Passive Nullify/Energy Absorption via the Prefights allows you to end 90% of the Fights with Full Health after just building to the Sp3 which allows you to immediately spam Sp2, Sp2, Sp1 at which point if the Enemy isn't already down then the Poisons will finish them while you're still gaining more Health...
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Yep. My r5 shreds
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    GarrettN said:

Still does Amazing, being a Mystic that can Apply Buffs to the Opponent immediately takes him to another Level with Mystic Dispersion. Then take in the fact that Each Special Used gives Small but Stacking Regen as well Stacking Passive Nullify/Energy Absorption via the Prefights allows you to end 90% of the Fights with Full Health after just building to the Sp3 which allows you to immediately spam Sp2, Sp2, Sp1 at which point if the Enemy isn't already down then the Poisons will finish them while you're still gaining more Health...

Is that the rotation you’d recommend? And what’s the best way to get his regen going?
    Just spam specials. For the sp1 don’t cancel and wait it out(The AI can punish you while you’re drinking so gotta be careful and quick to react)
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

I'd say yes. I have a R2 6* without suicides and I love him, use him for all sorts of stuff where I need poison.

Can you advise what rotations work great for Diablo? Thanks.
  • Options
    ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 292 ★★★
    I Never use suicides.

I typically spam Parry heavy for a while then if I need to heal or build potions, level 1 then build to Special 3 for bug damage Poison.

I use him for every Map 7 Acid Wash Variations
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    I use my r2 all the time. I haven’t run suicides in almost 6 months and have no plans of going back anytime soon.

Definitely worth it
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    You don't get to benefit from the damage reduction of his sig, but he's still an upper tier mystic as long as you have MD.

His ability to eat up buffs at any distance is highly valuable. At least to me it is.
  • Options
    AidenTheWiseAidenTheWise Posts: 311 ★★

He is decent without, way better with. Just like Claire

Claire don’t even need awakening tho. Unless you mean she’s great in the sense that she doesn’t need awakening
  • Options
    Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★

He is decent without, way better with. Just like Claire

Claire don’t even need awakening tho. Unless you mean she’s great in the sense that she doesn’t need awakening
    Nah he's talking about the topic at hand, suicides lol.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I've never used him without suicides except very briefly right after the buff. My 6* Diablo was the tipping point for me to run suicides and I actually had to unlock LC (first time I spent units on mastery cores in ages). No plans to go back.
  • Options
    AntzRodzAntzRodz Posts: 255 ★★
    Yes.. I have a r3 undupe Diablo without suicides and still smashes contents including AW
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    GarrettN said:

Is that the rotation you’d recommend? And what’s the best way to get his regen going?
    Depends on the fight length and if the Enemy has their own Buffs.
    But majority of the time just select Essence of Null Pre-Fight, (if the Enemy has Buffs of their own use an Sp1 first for Power, if not ignore this step), build up to an Sp3 and Parry just before you launch it if you can, then immediately dash in if they are Stunned (there's also a Synergy for this) and just start stalling the Enemy with 5 Combos while their Buffs get Nullified, once you get over 2 Bars of Power from Mystic Dispersion you can throw an Sp2 and by the time that Special Animation is finished you'll have a Second Sp2 ready, after that one either you'll have an Sp1 or just under one. (Make sure the First Hit of the Sp2 hits because that is what Refreshes your Poisons, and the Sp1 you have to Interrupt with a Block or Dash Block for the Poisons to Pause as well give you another Vial of Might)
    Each of those Specials thrown gives you a Philosopher's Mix Passive which gives you a Small Constant Regen while it's Active, like I mentioned before this Stacks so with the usual Rotation you can easily hit 4 Passives at once (there's also a Synergy that Pauses them during Specials, not required but nice to have) the Nullify and Energy Absorption Prefights are also tied to that Passive As Well Stack too.

Now for Regen specifically, if you did the Previous Rotation mentioned above and still didn't come out the fight with Full Health or started the next fight with a Slip Up don't worry the Passive Regen from the Regular Rotation can seriously take care of you without even noticing it. But in the Event you let's say fall to 30% Health simply Spam Sp1s for the whole Fight, not only do you get the Philosopher's Mix Regen but also if you Don't interrupt the Animation then you'll get a Sizable Regen Passive (side note as long as you hit the Enemy with that Sp1 they won't Dash in because they see the Animation as the Special still going, however if you hit it into Block they will Immediately Retaliate so just make sure you land it). It took me like 4 Sp1s to get back to full Health from 35%, it's Even Easier/Quicker depending on if you have certain Synergies like listed above (not required) or the Enemy has their own Buffs for the Philosopher's Mix to Nullify which gives you more Power from Mystic Dispersion.

You'll very quickly get the hang of it and learn the right timings for what situation, also you can build up to that Sp3 with just Regular 5 Combos/Nullify or Spam Parry Heavy which gives the Enemy a Poison each hit. (Also for Long Fights you'll want to use and Interrupt Sp1s till you get 8 Vials of Might then continue the usual Rotation, each one applies 2 Poisons on the Sp3, you start the fight with a couple but each Prefight Selected for that Fight uses 2 Vials at the start.)