**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Advice on using Crossbones?

Phillip14233Phillip14233 Posts: 575 ★★★
edited October 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I recently just awakened my 6* crossbones, but have no idea how to use him. I know after his buff he has insane damage and some people really like him. Any tips on how to use him effectively?
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,065 ★★★★★
    Don’t get hit

Idk I have no idea. I’ve seen KarateMike has some good vids on him though
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    First off, congrats! He's a great champ and one of my favorites. I'd recommend checking out Wade Thrillson's YT channel.

I usually do an initial parry, swipe back twice, and then hold block for the furies. It seems like with most AI, if you only swipe back once, they'll charge at you and you end up with a lot of block damage. If you swipe back twice, then the AI usually gives you enough space and time for you to hold block.

Once I'm in overrun, I usually do a normal 5 hit combo to build my furies. But during my next opening, I usually do heavy to pause the furies. I usually alternate b/w this: 5 hit combo to build furies; then heavy to pause them.

For high damage, you want to build furies while you have your sp2. This would do a lot of damage.

For DAR, you want to use your sp1 to continue to build your furies.

But eventually, your furies will fall off (unless you have a synergy team, which I hardly use). If that's the case, then I usually break up my fights into halves or thirds. For shorter fights, my first overrun charge will give me enough to shutdown DAA for about half of the fight. Once the furies fall off, I play passively until the cooldown is over. Then I parry, and swipe back twice to repeat the cycle. For longer fights, you just have to repeat this cycle more times.

So in summary:
    1. Parry
    2. Swipe back twice and hold block
    3. Alternate b/w comboes and heavies (if you can heavy intercept, even better, but spacing can be tricky at times)
    4. Once your furies are done, then repeat step 1 until your opponent is dead.

I love CB. So much fun and very effective.