**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is it just me who might just opt out of Cosmic Horror?

1235»

Comments

• Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 380 ★★★
    I just had two runs, path 3 and path4. It is tough if you have no idea what prefights to use and counter opponents but if you follow any guides ( I followed Rich the Man) it is relatively easy. I used 4 to 5 revives and knull fight was easier one compared to sym supreme, I one shot him both the times. And I don't want to mention my crystal pulls, bad as usual :(
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    I've cleared with r4 both the 6star shards and 5star AG. My first run was the 6star shards and I used a revive after a few restarts. The key is figuring out Stev's pre-fight mechanics in his abilities and devising a strategy on how you apply them. Once that if figured out it's not that bad. It was fraustrating at first and in the end I enjoyed it especially my second run for the 5star AG. At the same time I get the fraustration cos in a way he's a new champ and it takes a while to get the hang of it. But we're supposed to understand all his mechanics, his prefight abilities and how to use them within a short time period and complete a relatively diffficult quest. You couldn't practice all his abilities and mechanics elsewhere, but maybe the idea was to play with him and complete lower difficulty in preparation to the difficult ones who knows. Still would be a struggle to upcoming players.
    Next time, if we get him in advance, be able to use him in selected quest maybe it would make is less complicated and difficult for some.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    It’s super easy with rank 5, just gotta follow the prompts.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,214 ★★★★
    I didn't even bother with it lmao. Too much nonsense to jump through.
  • Terry_BolleaTerry_Bollea Posts: 54
    Loved it. Max Lil Steve tears though it. Seriously one of the easiest 10000 6 star shards events ever
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★

Uh
  • JaggedSacJaggedSac Posts: 56
    Was pretty straightforward at rank 5. Unfortunately I received a 6* Ant-Man for my troubles :/
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 410 ★★★
    I’ll admit it took me a few runs of starting over to get the preflight build up down but once I figured it out path 4 was a blast and Knull was a gravy fight.

This was a home run of a quest for me. More fun I’ve had in this game for awhile.

Pulled a 6* BWDO so I’m pretty happy about that.

Well done!

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

Ercarret said:

Not sure why people are doing it with a low Sym. If it's too hard with a maxed out Sym fair enough. I'll probably test it tomorrow when he gets to R4 but no plans to try to finish it until he is fully maxed.

I haven't tried to finish the whole quest but I do try one lane per rank-up of Steve. I doubt the last lane is going to be easier with an r5 than the second one is with an r3 (or the first one was with an r2), so I do feel like I have a good understanding of the quest's difficulty level and the amount of grind you have to do to complete it fully.
    Turns out not so much lol. @Ercarret did you take your Sym to R5?
    I did, and I eventually cleared all paths. It took a bunch of revives but I got through it.

While I will agree that the later-stage pre-fight made things significantly easier, I still largely stand by my point that it was an absolute chore to run through the same fights 10 times and that the quest could have been designed better. Steve was fun; the quest much less so. I would have vastly prefered a single boss rush where you could pick up all of the rewards along the way than to have to run through it again and again and again.

Another thing that stands out to me is that the quest's kind of inverse difficulty level really screws with Uncollected players and whoever else wasn't able to fully rank up their Steve. Presumably, they'd have a similar difficulty level reaching "their" rewards as we Thronebreakers had for reaching ours, but that very clearly was not the case. Reaching the lower-tier rewards with a low-rank Steve was significantly harder than reaching the top-tier rewards with a max-rank Steve.

All in all, I will admit that the quest became a lot more manageable at the end. Fair enough. I assumed there would be a linear difficulty increase throughout. My bad. However, for the most part, I still don't like its design. That didn't change even after completing it.
    Fair enough. i had a blast despite the repetition. It was fun watching Steve become more and more OP. Having to go back in multiple times does seem unnecessary but I thought it was well designed otherwise.
  • K_PK_P Posts: 137 ★★
    Any tips on beating path 3 with a r4?
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    K_P said:

Any tips on beating path 3 with a r4?

There is a Reddit post with prefight management:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/qccoua/pre_fight_management_for_r4_steve_cosmic_horror/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

As for fights:
    Venom - keep Furies up, try to nullify w lights. Most importantly, race to SP1 for power control via Leech.

Red Goblin - no issues, be careful about the SP1, but once you throw yours, you can easily keep him under a bar of power. I sometimes like to let him throw the SP, so he gets a buff and I regen a bit from it. He also imo has masochism, so be careful w parries.

Venompool - throw as many light attacks as possible for regen. This is your easy heal fight. Just be careful not to forget he gets stun immune. But again, Leech keeps him drained, so no SPs and no stun immune.

Sym Spidey - parry MLM. Rinse and repeat. Occasionally throw heavy for poison (and evade reduction that comes w it). Again, Leech keeps his power down so no SPs to worry about

Agent Venom - just be careful about the Tenacity. Intercept and bait heavies. Once more, Leech keeps his power down so the aggression prowess is pointless. Pro tip is to try timing your combos w the armor buff he gets, so that you nullify it well.

Sym Supreme - race to SP1 and keep throwing SPs, so that you have 100% Leech uptime. That is crucial. As for combos, you need to balance getting your furies and nullifying Rage.

The same would go for Path 4, imo 3-4 are similar in terms of difficulty. Only notable differences are these two:
    1) Venom has Flare, so be sure to regen a lot
    2) Agent Venom has Armored Assault, so you must time the 10th hit on him to be ideally on start of your combo, so that you nullify the armor up and he isn't unblockable.

And as for Knull, keep his power down (Leech), be sure not to parry before your 1st SP (you have many debuffs -> parry doesnt work. After 1st SP dash back to purify debuffs). As for combo, same as Sym Spidey - MLM. Throw in parry-heavy for big poison damage.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    It turned out to be great event with nice rewards. You just need to be patient and rank LS to max level.

Everything feels smooth and easy with the little guy when he has all pre fight abilities.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,135 ★★★★★
    Once you understand the pre fights and when to activate them (I used wade thrillson’s pre fight setup), it’s pretty easy. I did use some revives but mainly from my own mistakes and didn’t want of help up from L1 revive against venom.

I went featured and finally got him

• te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    Did the last path with a R5 symbioid and I was right, he is overkill at that rank, the last path was crazy fun with him: great damage, great regen, great power control, great everything... this guy is a machine at his max power *_*
  • MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
    I pull Karnak feautured 6*🤪
  • K_PK_P Posts: 137 ★★

Did it with 2 revives & rank 4 symbiote... truly a cosmic horror
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,135 ★★★★★
    I can’t believe this. Did the challenge in alt account and I pulled torch too like main account

• altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    I did the repetitive September objectives.
    I did the repetitive October objective plus the Klyntar path runs.
    I did one Path 1 run (got the 3-star stuff) to test it out, then I did the Path 4 run to get the 6-star stuff (using 1 revive on Knull, and a couple revives when I was on Path 4).

I will probably do Path 3 run for the awakening gem, but it doesn't feel like fun, since I have to redo every fight I did to get to Path 4.

This design where you have to go through path 1 4x, path 2 3x, path 3 2x, and path 4 1x to get all the rewards is psychologically less enticing than the previous path design where you go as far as you can go to get the highest tier/chest/cask of reward.

All of this just seems like repetitive work. Are the rewards worth it? Probably, viewing it in total summation. But it just doesn't feel worth it.

• ΩMƩGΛ_RƩDWØØD89ΩMƩGΛ_RƩDWØØD89 Posts: 3
    edited November 2021
    i am opting out as well. i do not like side events that kabam insists on making so complicated just like the shang chi one. its a bit frustrating tbh i had zero fun with these two bs side events that i had to use so many resources for then i should have, because they insist on making it the way they do on top of all the bugs in the game. my mental health matters more and has come into question as of late and the bs kabam has been doing and all issues that continue to linger in this game isnt making it any better so i may just be taking it easy altogether when it comes to this game.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I think it ended up working out pretty great. For my main account, the fourth path was very easy as the prefights were all built up, and I pulled a 6* doctor octopus. Pulled Professor X out of the five star gem. I admit the entry quest was pretty grindy at legendary, but I got millions of gold out of it. So entry quest kind of a pain, but the final quest highly rewarding and fun to play.

By comparison I also did this with a new account challenge and with a couple of my middle tier side accounts. Interestingly the entry quest is much better in those, as you can target the gold side quest at whatever level you can manage, and all my accounts were capable of doing master red goblin and getting all those 4*crystals. So, in essence you can target gold and iso on accounts that struggle with both. This is possible begins on those accounts I don’t care about ringing up the 1* symbiote. I also pulled a five star magneto on my brand new account through the side quest crystals. That said because you’re not ranking up Steve, the final quest was of no real value to those accounts, as anything below path three or four was pretty bad.

So the whole thing covered a lot of ground across different kinds of accounts. It was long and complicated and obviously somewhat controversial, but I liked it