**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Four Mutants Enter, One Awakening Gem Exits

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
edited October 2021 in Strategy and Tips

I'll eventually get around to completing the 3rd path of the side quest, and when I do, I'll get a 5* generic gem. I'd rather use it now for someone rather than save it and here's why. The only champs other than the 4 that I posted above that I would consider using an AG are:
Ghost (saving a tech gem for)
Aegon (got 3 skill AGs and 150 sigs)
Nick Fury (got 3 skill AGs)
Doom (saving a mystic gem for)
CGR (don't really have anything for him at the moment)

So there's where the decision comes in. Do I use it on one of my current 4 mutant champs or do I go ahead and save it for someone in the future? I do have about 50 sigs to put into a mutant if I decide to use the gem.

Four Mutants Enter, One Awakening Gem Exits 72 votes

Colossus
66%
Longshot_33DragonMCOCBluDragonpseudosaneAckbar67AssumedNameAdvMreyay2234ChampioncriticJuggerNotjacboonTitan41WordunkenSbkruebMobile_P0tat0Hera1d_of_Ga1actusDarkDuelistIronGladiator22InternetLoserMCOCHazza 48 votes
Professor X
6%
JoeLukaRotellyBigKidScottyScrubhanDraconic_12 5 votes
Apocalypse
8%
StarkyToneR1s02QuantumEmperorXVCmaroIiketreesMutantA___4444 6 votes
Stryfe (will be r5 by the end of the month)
18%
SiliyoBENJI830RasiloverAgentDoom9Wine_LoverEtjamaSpideyFunkoTheMailmannOoooiiiiieeeeeeWasy1AntzRodzGrassKnucklesALLYCARD 13 votes
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    Colossus
    He needs it more
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Colossus
    Colossus needs it the most but if you don’t use him, gonna be just about as useless as Cyclops. Go with whoever you like most, and aince you’re taking up stryfe, would probably go him because why not.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    If you don't have AA or OR already awakened, then I'd save it. Otherwise it's Colossus.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Out of those? Colossus or Stryfe, whoever you'll use most. Stryfe needs it more imo, as it extends his abilities quite a bit.

Col you won't much notice outside of long fights or immunity cheese, and even then the best boost to his abilities is the OR synergy. And some crit rate. Seriously, somebody up and stole all the man's crit rate. Rude.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

If you don't have AA or OR already awakened, then I'd save it. Otherwise it's Colossus.

got angel and omega already awakened so i'm all covered there. thinking it'll end up being colossus that i give the gem to because in the time that i'm getting stryfe up to r5, i might get a mutant gem or another generic. better to use on someone i already have maxed out than someone who i'll rank up later
  • Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Posts: 175
    Note, techs and techs on node that armor break can break his armor. Often remember that last part too late in AW.
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    Colossus
    Although I think stryfe is better, colossus needs it more.

It’s a common misconception that stryfe benefits loads from it. He really doesn’t, although it’s nice to have.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Colossus

Although I think stryfe is better, colossus needs it more.

It’s a common misconception that stryfe benefits loads from it. He really doesn’t, although it’s nice to have.

I have an r5 Stryfe and I wouldn't use him unawakened. In long fights like LOL and Act 7 he doesn't need it but in fights like AW, AQ, monthly eq and even Act 6, you really want it. The problem with unawakened Stryfe is that he becomes useless in short to medium fights. You can't even do incursions with unawakened Stryfe, once you get some good hacks, they die before you get to sp3. I used him for a Sec 7 run and I had to bring both Hood and Cable to be able to ramp him up a little with the sig. The damage is that good.
    R5 Stryfe ends Map 5 fights in 7 hits and I don't run suicides.
  • StarkyToneStarkyTone Posts: 34
    Apocalypse
    I accidentally voted apoc thinking it was AA at first glance. Add one to the colossus pile.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Don’t you love karma? I pull a colossus from a grandmaster crystal the day after I use a generic