**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

King Groot and AAR

Is there a reason KG gets shut down completely by AAR instead of his ability failing to trigger once like every other champ in the game? Domino's crit failure pops up once and no more regen or furies the entire fight. I do strength in numbers in AQ and with one dead champ (25% AAR) I start the fight with no furies and none of his buffs come the rest of the fight.

Imagine using hype and crit failure on your first heavy and no longer can gain fury or power gain or regen the rest of the fight. Or Medusa not triggering a fury and from then they're just gone. No other champs work this way, can we please get this fixed? He's basically unplayable in any scenario that can lower his abilities even by a small amount because once it happens they're gone for good.

Comments

• Hey there, the team is currently looking into this. Once we have more information to share, we'll let everyone know.
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 312 ★★★

Hey there, the team is currently looking into this. Once we have more information to share, we'll let everyone know.

Appreciate that, thanks.

Hey there, the team is currently looking into this. Once we have more information to share, we'll let everyone know.

Also please pass along that he's bugged in a defensive capacity as well. When using a champion like Void or night thrasher who apply multiple debuffs you aim to apply them during the regen phase, but now when his furies return and he spends a fury to purify an incoming debuff he'll spend extra furies to purify existing debuffs that were placed while malice is on cooldown, basically preventing the use of these champs against him. Thanks again for passing these issues along to be fixed.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,362 ★★★★★

Imagine using hype and crit failure on your first heavy and no longer can gain fury or power gain or regen the rest of the fight.

Actually this does happen with Hype quite regularly - I fight him with Mephisto, and he'll accumulate Cosmic charges that don't turn into Power Gain buffs. The effect usually persists even after Soul Imprisonment resolves.

It sometimes sorts itself out; particularly if Hype throws an SP3, but at other times will persist for the whole match, even if Mephisto never throws an SP1 to refresh Soul Imprisonment.

@KingInBlack Try using your KG to pick a fight with Mephisto (I'm out of Duel credits for today, myself) and see if the same thing happens to King Groot/Malice
    edited October 2021

Imagine using hype and crit failure on your first heavy and no longer can gain fury or power gain or regen the rest of the fight.

Actually this does happen with Hype quite regularly - I fight him with Mephisto, and he'll accumulate Cosmic charges that don't turn into Power Gain buffs. The effect usually persists even after Soul Imprisonment resolves.

It sometimes sorts itself out; particularly if Hype throws an SP3, but at other times will persist for the whole match, even if Mephisto never throws an SP1 to refresh Soul Imprisonment.

@KingInBlack Try using your KG to pick a fight with Mephisto (I'm out of Duel credits for today, myself) and see if the same thing happens to King Groot/Malice
    Of course it does. Just tested with the practice feature, the malice icon stays but no buffs every proc. Literally anywhere that prevents his buffs at any point in time just turns them off altogether. I've yet to come across an interaction that stuff a buff without stopping them all.

Also not sure about the Hype and Mephisto interaction but haven't seen that myself. I know other champs like colossus get their buffs once Soul Imprisonment ends since i use colossus for meph plenty. That sounds more like an interaction with the cosmic charges more than what happens with KG. I can't think of another champ who's just completely neutered by any amount of AAR the way KG is now so hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
  • becokastbecokast Posts: 38
    I noticed the same in fights against Quake where her concussion removed my passive Malice on KG and when Proxima blocked me.

So far it seems only happen on Map6 for me. I had no problems in events or other content, but maybe had none of this opponents there.