Options

Invisible Woman Tune Up

Jake303AoSJake303AoS Posts: 304 ★★
edited October 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
She could be a really cool champ, but they made her so impractical to play. Synergies help a little, but a champs core mechanics shouldn't be that dependant on synergies. Here are a few suggestions I think would help her immensely:

1) Fix her awakened ability. Why start invisible but not paused? Then you have to wait 10 seconds before you can even start ramping her core mechanic. She's literally worse with her awakened ability, and that should never be a thing.

2) Make it so special attacks are unable to break invisibility. Some champs have unavoidable/undexable specials, so she has no chance to keep her mechanic up against them. Or maybe make it so she can endure a few hits of a special before losing it at the very least.

4) Make her fragilities permanent once applied during a fight. I know there's a synergy where 40% will stay once you lose invisibility, but it's still pretty inconsistent, and it would be cool if it wasn't synergy reliant.

3) This one is a long shot I know, but make her fragilities persistent charges that persist through a quest. Even if just a percentage of them. They're not OP or anything, and that would make her way more fun.

I've always wished she was on par with the rest of the Fantastic 4, she's fun to play but too frustrating and impractical. Hopefully she'll get a tune up one day!
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

I agree she could do much better if special attacks didn't break her invisibility and if she could endure a couple of hits before breaking invisibility.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,095 ★★★★★
    Gee, I wonder why the one member of the team who is heavily defensive with her abilities is not as strong offensively as the other 3 members who are more stronger offensively?

My God, it's a conundrum...

Honestly, if anything they'll probably give her a numbers bump down the roadand that'll be that.
  • Options
    Jake303AoSJake303AoS Posts: 304 ★★

She could be a really cool champ, but they made her so impractical to play. Synergies help a little, but a champs core mechanics shouldn't be that dependant on synergies. Here are a few suggestions I think would help her immensely:

1) Fix her awakened ability. Why start invisible but not paused? Then you have to wait 10 seconds before you can even start ramping her core mechanic. She's literally worse with her awakened ability, and that should never be a thing.

2) Make it so special attacks are unable to break invisibility. Some champs have unavoidable/undexable specials, so she has no chance to keep her mechanic up against them. Or maybe make it so she can endure a few hits of a special before losing it at the very least.

4) Make her fragilities permanent once applied during a fight. I know there's a synergy where 40% will stay once you lose invisibility, but it's still pretty inconsistent, and it would be cool if it wasn't synergy reliant.

3) This one is a long shot I know, but make her fragilities persistent charges that persist through a quest. Even if just a percentage of them. They're not OP or anything, and that would make her way more fun.

I've always wished she was on par with the rest of the Fantastic 4, she's fun to play but too frustrating and impractical. Hopefully she'll get a tune up one day!

Gonna address your opinions with my opinions, others feel free to share their opinions

1) totally agree with this
    2) Not entirely sure whether you're saying a certain number if hits total, or per sp. I would say give her a few hits total so that while she would still be a good champion, she would still have counters
    4) Kind of disagree with this one, I would say move the 40% synergy into her kit, but don't make all of her fragilities permanent.
    3) I feel this would make her way too over powered, assuming that they would all be permanent. If the "keep 40%" thing was implemented with her, and maybe only kept some percentage of the fragilities from the previous fight (maybe a new sig power?) that could be nice.

I definitely feel that other people need buffs more than her, but eventually some changes would be nice.
    Good points.

I was saying a few hits per special, because technically all basic hits can be dodged/dexed, but I definitely wouldn't mind if she could take a few hits in general. It would also be nice if well times blocks/parry didn't disable it. I know the full F4 synergy gives it a low percentage to be disabled on parry, but that's something I think should just be included in her kit and not full team synergy reliant.

I also think moving the 40% thing into her kit would be great, and that's largely what I was suggesting. As for making them permanent, I mainly say that because you can still lose the fragilities that are retained through the 40%. Say you retained 4, then went invisible again but didn't gain any new fragilities. If you then get hit, you will lose 40% of the 4 fragilities you had already retained. So I'm not saying make every fragility permanent, just the ones you already retained (if that makes sense)

And I agree that she would be much stronger if her fragilities persisted through a quest, but not necessarily OP. Maybe they'd have to put some sort of restrictions on it, but I think it could be doable without her being too OP, and would make her super fun to bring along!
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,060 ★★★★

Gee, I wonder why the one member of the team who is heavily defensive with her abilities is not as strong offensively as the other 3 members who are more stronger offensively?

My God, it's a conundrum...

Honestly, if anything they'll probably give her a numbers bump down the roadand that'll be that.

IW is not purely defensive like BPCW, Ebony Maw or Korg. When played right, even without synergies she can output some massive numbers. The problem is that she's impractical. Her defensive abilities don't even work on offense. You need to build up force field charges to make her tanky but of course you can't get hot or even block else you lose all your damage making those force field charges useless at defending you.
    Also, purely defensive champs are a bad design. No one ever liked them and Kabam seems to have realized that since we now get champs with a mixture of defensive and offensive capabilities - Peni, Kitty, Knull, Moleman and Terrax after their buffs, etc