**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Guillotine Kabam John discussion

2»

Comments

• Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

No disrespect but I'm gonna be Blunt
    I don't really get the point of accepting and taking in Feedback on things like this, if the conclusion is just gonna be "Well the Team is happy with the outcome, so that's the end of that."
    That kind of stonewall response makes Feedback Irrelevant, the point of taking in Feedback is to get the Outside Opinion and to see what the Players think. As well if the Majority of the Feedback is in agreement with something, like the Guilly Rework having Issues and in some cases Flat Nerfs, then that should be taken Very Seriously.
    The Regen Change that's coming apparently is only because the Team thought it could use a Bump, there wasn't any mention of the Community's Overwhelmingly Negative Feedback on the Regen being considerably Worse than it's Original State meaning that Feedback didn't even matter either.

It wasn't a feedback session. It was a " Doubt clearing" session
    I never said the AMA was a Feedback Session, it's about taking in Feedback but effectively throwing it down the drain when the Team's Decision doesn't Match the Feedback...
    My point was they specifically said on other posts they were taking in the Feedback on Guillotine after her Rework, but that apparently didn't matter at all because it appeared to have no effect when the only change mentioned is gonna be due to the Team's Decision. They didn't even say anything along the lines of "after review the Team Agrees with the Feedback that her Regen could be Updated, in the future" it was just They Decided she could use a Boost only there and despite the Overwhelmingly Negative Feedback it doesn't matter at all because The Team likes it. (Why bother taking in Feedback if it's Irrelevant)
  • Options

I don't really get the point of accepting and taking in Feedback on things like this, if the conclusion is just gonna be "Well the Team is happy with the outcome, so that's the end of that."
    That kind of stonewall response makes Feedback Irrelevant, the point of taking in Feedback is to get the Outside Opinion and to see what the Players think. As well if the Majority of the Feedback is in agreement with something, like the Guilly Rework having Issues and in some cases Flat Nerfs, then that should be taken Very Seriously.
    The Regen Change that's coming apparently is only because the Team thought it could use a Bump, there wasn't any mention of the Community's Overwhelmingly Negative Feedback on the Regen being considerably Worse than it's Original State meaning that Feedback didn't even matter either.

My point was they specifically said on other posts they were taking in the Feedback on Guilly after her Rework, but that apparently didn't matter because it appeared to have no effect when the only change mentioned is gonna be due to the Team's Decision. They didn't even say anything like "after review the Team Agrees with the Feedback that her Regen could be Updated, in the future" it was just They Decided she could use a Boost only there.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    Well, I think it’s gonna be a long time before Kabam ever decide to do a community choice again.
  • Options

My point was they specifically said on other posts they were taking in the Feedback on Guilly after her Rework, but that apparently didn't matter because it appeared to have no effect when the only change mentioned is gonna be due to the Team's Decision. They didn't even say anything like "after review the Team Agrees with the Feedback that her Regen could be Updated, in the future" it was just They Decided she could use a Boost only there.
    Ignore this one it got put in Approval Limbo so I remade it in the Comment above it.
  • Options
    Tru100 said:

Glad someone started this thread, because I expected much more immediate backlash to that “AMA.”

What I found most galling was how many people were going out of their way to be respectful, to convey their sense of understanding the difficulty of their job, but nevertheless wanted to express legitimate concerns, or questions about the process. And there was no substantive response to any of that. I found it condescending and disrespectful tbh. It only compounds the discord and distrust when they *act* like they’re doing something that they’re very clearly not doing (i.e. engaging in an actual discussion).

As I see it, putting aside the nuances of Guillotine’s kit, the core question is why are the results of two “community choices” so vastly different in terms of Hercules vs Guillotine. And how could you expect us as community to invest in that sort of promotion again when the results are incoherent. People campaigned, invested resources, presumably you might want to do it again, so as another post said, I don’t know why they wouldn’t say “our bad, guys, we’ll do it over” since you’ve done that w other champs, and this is a “Community Choice”. There’s been success w admitting mistakes and going back to the drawing board in the past, both w the game product and community response. You also have all the other champs and buffs to say “this is as intended,” so why would you not listen to the overwhelming amount of negative feedback from the community on your “community choice” buff. It’s as tone deaf as a video game company can get.

And add on to the fact u still have one hundred other bugs, issues being ignored (maybe that’s part of the problem; if so, ok, THEN SAY THAT, at least that much we could understand). Why would you not make every effort to appease this community that does so much to prop up the game.

I think the only good response to that AMA is to speak w our wallets, everyone spends to varying degrees but all of those degrees should come down a level or two to show lack of confidence w the game as product (bugs galore) and community response (ignoring questions, wasting people’s time by feigning community response when clearly it’s not the intent).

Wait you're spitting too many Facts, we're gonna Drown in the Saliva! 😂
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Sal_84 said:

@Kabam Boo @Kabam John Are you guys reviewing all this feedback?

You can also check the voting done in this link: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/286835/what-should-be-done-with-guillotine#latest

An overwhelming majority of the player base has stated that the rework done in Guillotine is not acceptable, that we did not get straight forward responses in the AMA, and nobody at this point has seen a real interest coming from you in order to fix this issue,

Please give us an official response of what will be the next steps

1. If you decide to keep her the way she is (even with the minor regen updates, which is not the real problem), when are we going to receive the rank down tickets?
    2. If you will take the feedback and do a the right thing for the community, when will we be seeing a proposal?

What we are not willing to take is another month of silence, we deserve your respect, we deserve to be treated as what we are, the people who are paying your salaries every month! Do the right thing Kabam!

Think they made it clear only the regen will be looked at. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you already had a R3 or have previously invested in her.

If you didn't you shouldn't be ranking champs before they drop.

This is not like the Hood situation.
  • Options
    Texas_11 said:

Sal_84 said:

@Kabam Boo @Kabam John Are you guys reviewing all this feedback?

You can also check the voting done in this link: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/286835/what-should-be-done-with-guillotine#latest

An overwhelming majority of the player base has stated that the rework done in Guillotine is not acceptable, that we did not get straight forward responses in the AMA, and nobody at this point has seen a real interest coming from you in order to fix this issue,

Please give us an official response of what will be the next steps

1. If you decide to keep her the way she is (even with the minor regen updates, which is not the real problem), when are we going to receive the rank down tickets?
    2. If you will take the feedback and do a the right thing for the community, when will we be seeing a proposal?

What we are not willing to take is another month of silence, we deserve your respect, we deserve to be treated as what we are, the people who are paying your salaries every month! Do the right thing Kabam!

Think they made it clear only the regen will be looked at. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you already had a R3 or have previously invested in her.

If you didn't you shouldn't be ranking champs before they drop.

This is not like the Hood situation.
    Not sure how this isn't just like the Hood Situation, Both have Red Hoods and Both are Mystics...
    Joking aside both had certain Aspects of their Abilities Replaced with Less Effective Versions of the Originals, with some cases being Flat Nerfs (that more so for Guilly than Hood). The only difference is Kabam doesn't seem to want to take in Any Feedback this time and are actively Ignoring it by saying The Team likes it so that's it, of course we heard them say they're only going to be looking at the Regen. But we're saying that isn't enough and their handling of this situation is pretty poor, with the Stonewall Answers and Silence on more intricate Details while choosing to turn a blind eye to the Overwhelmingly Negative Feedback.
  • Options
    Damn Approval Limbo from correcting 1 Word again...
  • Options
    Sal_84 said:

Damn Approval Limbo from correcting 1 Word again...

Tell me about it lol, I got to read you before it was gone, if it makes you feel better I had agreed with you
    I always copy the Comment Just incase, I'll repost it if it doesn't reappear in a bit.