**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can we still expect Relics and Solo competitive mode to release next month?

magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
edited November 2021 in General Discussion
In the road map, relics and solo competitive mode were estimated to be released in 2021. With one month left of 2021, has this estimation changed?

We've not gotten any insight to relics and strikers whatsoever and something as potentially revolutionising as this, for better or for worse, I feel should have been announced in some capacity by now but no. I'm highly doubtful we'll see this released next month.

On the other hand, judging by the summoner showdown it looks like solo competitive mode is ready to be released for the most part. They just need iron out a few problems such as the scoring methods. This I could potentially see being released next month but it still feels like s bit of a stretch.

When dungeons was being updated into what we have now, we knew a month or so beforehand it was being updated. Content creators were being flown out to Kabam to test this new game mode but because COVID that never happened. To the best of my knowledge, noone from the CCP has been asked to beta test the aforementioned things yet which leads me to believe we won't be getting them anytime soon.

Would love to know if December is still on the cards or will it be pushed back like pretty much every big announcement in the roadmaps ever?

Comments

• Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,823 ★★★★★
    I would love an update regarding the roadmap.. it was very silent but they still need to sort out gameplay problems
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Would love a new game mode rn especially if it is solo competitive.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    I wouldn't expect the plan to stay the same. The connection issues threw everything out of whack so I wouldn't be surprised if they basically said "take everything we said and push it back 3-6 months"..
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,187 ★★★★
    I expect Relics and solo mode in 2022 notes
    Then Relics in 2023 notes and maybe even in 2024 notes..
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Realistically I’d expect solo mode in maybe March next year, but it could go either side of that
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

Skiddy212 said:

personally, i dont want relics anywhere near this game. RNG elements make getting hero's a pain. Gold/iso droughts occur often.

Relics have the potential to create a pay to win environment that will make the game even more grindy. I can say the talk of relics scares me

What I'd like is a soft launch of relics in something like incursions or solo competitive mode, we can see exactly how they work and what they're like. And if they're bad, we can give feedback and Kabam never have to launch it to the wider game, if they're good, and there's not a pay to win aspect about it then they can stay!

Because we don't know what relics will be like as of now, there's an air of uneasiness about it. And I'm not saying they'll definitely be great, but a lot of change can feel bad when they're announced, I mean 6*'s being added were pretty heavily denounced by the community and now they're great for the progression of the game. I'm cautiously optimistic about relics, I think a lot of cool stuff could be done with them in a totally fair, non-pay-to-win way, but I definitely hope they aren't just added full throttle into the whole game at once. Make it limited so we can see how they work, and there's an option to backtrack if they're bad
    I like the suggestion of a limited release in something like incursions but i doubt that will happen.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,999 ★★★★★
    I believe they had previously stated that the relic system was going to be solo-competitive only at the time of release, but I don’t remember where I heard that. Entirely possible I just convinced myself of something I want to believe.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★

Hey all,

As we point out in all of our Roadmap posts, timelines are subject to change and delays, or outright cancellation. We haven't cancelled anything, but are still hard at work on both Solo Competitive Mode and Relics. They've both seen a small delay because we are currently working to fix some pretty important areas of the game, but you should expect to hear more about them and their updated timelines next month!

But @Kabam Miike wasnt there a "tag" feature also planned? I think it was a bishop gambit switch vs sentinel as showcase where lets say you use bishop and "tag" gambit where bishop dissapears and you play gambit.
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    As broken as this game is right now I sure hope not
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,749 ★★★★★

Hey all,

As we point out in all of our Roadmap posts, timelines are subject to change and delays, or outright cancellation. We haven't cancelled anything, but are still hard at work on both Solo Competitive Mode and Relics. They've both seen a small delay because we are currently working to fix some pretty important areas of the game, but you should expect to hear more about them and their updated timelines next month!

But @Kabam Miike wasnt there a "tag" feature also planned? I think it was a bishop gambit switch vs sentinel as showcase where lets say you use bishop and "tag" gambit where bishop dissapears and you play gambit.
    Strikers