**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why does Apocalypse no longer counter Mighty charge?

I remember for the longest time that Apocalypse was the best counter for Mighty charge, because his debuffs can't be shrugged off (100% chance), but it seems it doesn't work so anymore. Can anyone explain this?

Comments

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    He's immune to "future debuffs" when defender dashes, so Apoc cannot place stun debuff.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    This is how the apoc interaction with mighty charge has worked for at least 6 months. I didn’t have apoc while he worked well for mighty charge but I don’t doubt that you’re right that the interaction changed.
  • Options
    CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    The node used to just purify the debuffs during the dash, which is why Apocalypse could counter it, as his debuffs couldn’t be purified unless there was increased ability accuracy. However, the node now makes the opponent immune to debuffs, so that’s why they’re able to get rid of his debuffs, as it’s now coded as an immunity instead of a purify.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    The debuff immunity part in mighty charge description was added sometime before release of 7.2
    Earlier it was just purify but they changed the node description so that Apoc won't be able to counter it anymore
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    They changed it
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    They changed it because they can, I’ll admit it shocked me almost cost me a fight Ruth they first changed it.