**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Using Featured Pools to predict buffs

2»

Comments

• Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★

So, another featured pool announced! And another list of potential champions for buffs. ...

Thanks for the breakdown! I agree and I hope that you're right!

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

So, another featured pool announced! And another list of potential champions for buffs. Obviously straight away we can ignore the 6 featured champs, and we can discount hawkeye, Yellowjacket and punisher 2099 as already having had buffs.

Hyperion, Dragon Man, Claire and Hit monkey all seem unlikely for buffs. That leaves 11 champions who could get buffs. But some more likely than others.

This pool has the most potential buff champs since I’ve started keeping track in September 2020, and also the fewest already buffed champs since that time. I think we could see 2, or maybe at a push, 3 buffs from here.

I feel like Emma, Doc Oc, Voodoo and wasp are the sort of champ on the cusp of maybe being eligible for buffs, similar to Ronin or mr fantastic. So I’ll go with them as less likely.

Cable has his Apoc synergy, so regrettably isn’t likely to get a buff. I feel Ghost Rider and Voodoo (again) as well are new champions as 6* so likely won’t get buffs. Old man Logan is a tricky one, he’s already been buffed, but that was before the program and so had ebony maw and gamora so we can’t rule him out entirely.

That leaves us with Old Man Logan, Abomination, Squirrel Girl, TaskMaster and Vision AoU as our most likely candidates.

It’s hard to narrow it down from the last 5, while I’m tempted not to say Vision AoU because he’s a relatively new champ to the 6* Pool, he’s actually been in 4 featured pools in the last year. And besides, War Machine was an incredibly rare champ (not in the 5* basic and only recently in the 6*) and still got buffed.

But then TaskMaster, Squirrel Girl AND old man Logan are in both the 5* and 6* featured crystals currently, and that feels strong.

There have however, been a lot of skill buffs, 11 in total with the next highest being 7 tech champs. So I’m gonna say they’re ruling out Squirrel girl for some balance. OML just doesn’t feel as likely with his buff, while Gamora and Maw were buffed too, OML isn’t at the same level they were. While it doesn’t rule him out, I just feel it’s a little less likely so I’m gonna use that for my predictions.

I feel like TaskMaster, Vision AoU and Abomination are our predicted buffs. One tune up, and a couple overhauls. Hopefully we see them in February!

This is a solid breakdown and a good guess. I agree with Abom and TM, but not Vision AoU. They have said prior that buffs are based on usage and I think he is used at least amount compared to others. So I do think Squirrel Girl takes his palce, even though skill is way to heavy at the moment.
    Huh, that's an interesting take to be honest. I always interpreted buffs being based on use was that they want to buff champs who aren't being used very much to increase the use across the battlerealm.

Personally, I do feel like Skill has had enough buffs for the moment, but I would have said the same a couple months ago about a possible hawkeye buff haha! Vision AoU or Squirrel girl were the two that I was going back and forward on in my head, so my 3 are TaskMaster, Abom and Vision, then Squirrel girl as a close maybe.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

So, another featured pool announced! And another list of potential champions for buffs. ...

Thanks for the breakdown! I agree and I hope that you're right!

I have all but OML of these champs as 6*s, so if any of those are buffed I'll be in a good position, so I definitely hope I'm right too!