**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AQ with less paths

saorpssaorps Posts: 81
edited November 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
The new M8 AQ map has 7 paths in the 1st section, 10 paths in the 2nd and 8 paths in the last one.
Kabam has not published updated M5, M6 and M7 maps, but I assume they remain the same.

My ally tried m6 and the reason for failure is that not all members are available to complete all paths in the last section (10).
The issue is not difficulty but people availability, specifically for more senior players which are not necessarily hyped with AQ and willing to stop everything to play (I know some will say that it requires only 5 minutes).
We play M5 and it works because one or two players which agenda blocks their access to the game will not impact 100% completion.

AQ is like routine to get crystal and glory, so, if you want to grow your account, you have to play AQ.

If AQ maps had less paths, more people would play M6 and M7 maps. The difficulty would be the main reason to select one map or the other.

Comments

• Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    The only downside to that suggestion would be encouraging freeloaders because if you run a map with fewer paths you only really need eight people to get it done and then two more people can just show up whenever and get free ****.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    saorps said:

The new M8 AQ map has 7 paths in the 1st section, 10 paths in the 2nd and 8 paths in the last one.
    Kabam has not published updated M5, M6 and M7 maps, but I assume they remain the same.

My ally tried m6 and the reason for failure is that not all members are available to complete all paths in the last section (10).
    The issue is not difficulty but people availability, specifically for more senior players which are not necessarily hyped with AQ and willing to stop everything to play (I know some will say that it requires only 5 minutes).
    We play M5 and it works because one or two players which agenda blocks their access to the game will not impact 100% completion.

AQ is like routine to get crystal and glory, so, if you want to grow your account, you have to play AQ.

If AQ maps had less paths, more people would play M6 and M7 maps. The difficulty would be the main reason to select one map or the other.

Pretty sure though that the number of paths is part of the intended challenge of those maps making your alliance work together and synchronize your activities and playing.

• Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★

saorps said:

Pretty sure though that the number of paths is part of the intended challenge of those maps making your alliance work together and synchronize your activities and playing.

It even tells during the setup phase that each map has recommended amount of players in order to complete the map. The higher you go, the more active teamwork you're supposed to have.
  • Options

The only downside to that suggestion would be encouraging freeloaders because if you run a map with fewer paths you only really need eight people to get it done and then two more people can just show up whenever and get free ****.

you are right. the officials should ban those freeloaders, but it is a risk
  • Options

saorps said:

It even tells during the setup phase that each map has recommended amount of players in order to complete the map. The higher you go, the more active teamwork you're supposed to have.
    got your point. During recruiting, I noted a lot of good accounts saying the game is demanding too much time, so, they are avoiding some content. also, some are tired of the follow-up to complete AQ.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    I hate to be that guy but play maps you can complete.

I feel like an idiot doing map2 with 6r3 and 5/65's but 1100 glory a week for maps I can complete myself is the tradeoff.