**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Question for players who started new accounts for fun to see the new changes

NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
Does anyone else feel like gold is a harder resource get starting out, than it was before they changed this? I remember struggling a lot less with gold when I first started out.

Comments

• Options
    DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    I’m glad someone started a thread like this.

I will take this opportunity to include my opinions on the the new set up.

1st- I don’t remember what the gold difference was between old and new versions. I can say that yes, I’m very low on gold on the NEW account.

On to the good stuff

LOVE the new set up. The flow is amazing. The rewards make a lot more sense (champ wise). I also love the unit change too. Here’s why…

Masteries!!! It hurts my soul every time I restart the game for fun, to spend those hard earned units on cores.

This makes it an easier choice (for players who already know about the game). Brand new players to the game will most likely spend them on PHC’s 🤮. Live and learn.

I love the short acts. Getting a guaranteed 4* from act 3 completion and another for exploration is just magical. Took me 9+ months on my very first account to get a 4*.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    As a tip for anyone else grinding, you should build to sp3 with 10 energise, throw two heavies and sp3. With a r4 3 star this should KO most opponents
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★

I’m glad someone started a thread like this.

I will take this opportunity to include my opinions on the the new set up.

1st- I don’t remember what the gold difference was between old and new versions. I can say that yes, I’m very low on gold on the NEW account.

On to the good stuff

LOVE the new set up. The flow is amazing. The rewards make a lot more sense (champ wise). I also love the unit change too. Here’s why…

Masteries!!! It hurts my soul every time I restart the game for fun, to spend those hard earned units on cores.

This makes it an easier choice (for players who already know about the game). Brand new players to the game will most likely spend them on PHC’s 🤮. Live and learn.

I love the short acts. Getting a guaranteed 4* from act 3 completion and another for exploration is just magical. Took me 9+ months on my very first account to get a 4*.

Honestly the Gold thing is my biggest issue. I completely forgot just how different they made Arenas for newer players, and that Arena is not the best gold grind for new players considering how far apart the milestones get
  • Options
    Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    I have 200k gold with 0 iso, lol
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    I have 180 iso in overflow and enough gold so far, the issue is t2&3bc. I am exploring Act 3 rn w 2 max 3*s and 2 r1 4*s
  • Options
    daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    I like what you did with this posts title.
    Admit it, it's not been done for fun it's been done to farm units, go on just say it, we are all friends here.
  • Options
    StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    edited November 2021
    trying out a new account i understand you can get better champs at higher star levels quicker but some of the fights are now pretty brutal i would imagine for new players. I am assuming that is why Kabam decided to shorten the quests.
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Starhawk said:

trying out a new account i understand you can get better champs at higher star levels quicker but some of the fights are now pretty brutal i would imagine for new players. I am assuming that is why Kabam decided to shorten the quests.

I got hit by Ronan SP1 because I kept forgetting I didn't have Dexterity.

The fight pretty much ended there; Sersi had lots of buffs
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    The problem with gold and iso is there, because the amount given is intended for 2 stars and a very few 3 star champions at the beginning, as it should be. But with all these free 3* champs every month, the "complete something" rewards of 3-4* shards, rand up materials etc that require more gold and iso than a 2* would ever dream of, well, here we are.
  • Options
    _Reef_Reef Posts: 265
    With new accounts you get sigil (20% xp boost) offer for 75% boost for 200 units, free 3* Sersi and Ikris and milestones to push one to the max... PLAY DAILY SIDE QUEST for the most XP to get to LVL 19 fast (autoplay) play back issues for the Cores for mastery buy Dex and whatever else you need. You can autoplay until 4.2 SO MANY UNITS, gold is scarce tho