**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hawkeye Buff Concerns

Whilst I am excited about his buff there are a few issues I am worried won't be fixed. Currently, his heavy attack is extremely slow to activate, and he can't throw more than one against a champion on the wall, because they have enough time to recover and land a strike, which will also be an issue when trying to heavy counter the opponent. This is especially an issue since he is going to have his only piece of utility (slow) on his heavy attack so this really needs to be fixed just like they fixed Hyperion. Also his armour rating is about half that of an average champion, which really impacts his blocking, even though his block proficiency is good, he really needs his armour rating doubled (for context, my Nick Fury has an armour rating of 21.8% whilst Hawkeye has 12.5%) - nick is a rank 5 five star and Hawkeye is a rank 2 six star.

Also for people worried about the bleed damage: a critical bleed multiples damage of bleed by critical rating, by my calculations that leaves his bleed on the sp1 just as potent has before the buff if it is a critical bleed (around 6700 damage at rank 5) however, if you don't land a Critical because of an issue with perfect release (the new mechanic) or he isn't awakened, that means you will have a weaker bleed than before the buff, so in that way he is actually got worse damage on the sp1. Also, since the duration of bleeds is increased, theoretically, if you wanted the sp1 power drain cycle and he is awakened, you should do more damage than before due to the pausing on basic attacks, and additional duration from dialled in passives.

Comments

• Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    I personally won't be playing Hawkeye if they don't change his animations. Those old animations are an eyesore and no OG champ should receive a buff without new animations to go with it.
    I've seen them so many times fighting WS I simply cannot stand playing a champion with them.
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    My main concerns with this rework stem from trying to understand the concept behind it.

While I understand that giving him a wide range of effects might make him seem overcomplicated in the eyes of new players, surely marketing a champ with a wide range of abilities rather than "he causes Bleed" would appeal better?

I have a similar problem with Guillotine, but I won't go there.

Anyway:

Hawkeye SP1 fires an EMP arrow, creating a "shocking" effect when it hits.

Old Hawkeye: This causes Bleed. Additionally, the EMP "disrupts the enemy's power" or something, causing up to 40% of max power (or 120% of a bar) to be lost.
    New Hawkeye: This still causes Bleed. The initial power drain is lessened, but somewhat mitigated by a Suppression Debuff... if you can time his new Perfect Release mechanic properly.

Maybe against Robots it could cause Shock or something?

Hawkeye SP2 fires an Incendiary Arrow, with a neat explosion effect.

Old Hawkeye: This causes Bleed.
    New Hawkeye: This causes Bleed. It also causes a Fragility debuff, allowing for... stronger Critical Bleeds. Okay, I guess.

A bit weird that an Incendiary arrow doesn't Incinerate.

Hawkeye SP3 has him fire arrows into the air, subdue his opponent by attacking them, the arrows fall, they explode the opponent into the air, they fall, they take damage.

Old Hawkeye: .............. (with the Taskmaster synergy, this causes Bleed.)
    New Hawkeye: This causes (Critical) Bleed. Somehow.

I don't know, I just thought someone like Hawkeye would have more tricks up his sleeve, no?
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,770 ★★★★★
    @GrandOldKai imo he does have a lot going for him
    Bleed
    Critical Bleed
    Suppression
    Fragility
    Poison via synergy
    Removes Rock Stacks and Rock Charges via synergy

Just wait until all the OG Avengers get buffed you never know what Kabam might have up their sleeve

Maybe Shock on Robots with OG Iron Man, who knows

For now, I think he has an excellent base buff
  • Options
    AldacAldac Posts: 475 ★★★
    Chikel said:

I personally won't be playing Hawkeye if they don't change his animations. Those old animations are an eyesore and no OG champ should receive a buff without new animations to go with it.
    I've seen them so many times fighting WS I simply cannot stand playing a champion with them.

I would really really love for there to be new animations for Hawkeye but I don’t think that’s on the cards unfortunately (please feel free to say if you know any different, I would love to be wrong..) In a recent post they said they would be changing animations when there are two iterations of the same or similar characters, such as Daredevil, Classic Captain Marvel and Miss Marvel etc.

Personally I hate that backwards flip heavy attack that so many of the OG male characters have. It’s awful